Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-30-13, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
sharing leadership
yep. Cancellara first half. kiserlowski 2nd.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-30-13, 23:00
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
yep. Cancellara first half. kiserlowski 2nd.
Joking aside. Take it as read, Cancellara will be at the head of the TTT come Tour time. Simply no way Andy can do without him.
Old 01-31-13, 01:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Nielsen View Post
The idear of another Purito vs. Contador showdown would make him fake another crash.
HAHA! You made me laugh so hard I hurt my side!

This poor rider has probably been the target of the most jokes over the last 5 years....other than the guy on Oprah.
Old 01-31-13, 04:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman View Post
Joking aside. Take it as read, Cancellara will be at the head of the TTT come Tour time. Simply no way Andy can do without him.
Exactly.

Old 01-31-13, 08:59

I think fabian will only do the first two weeks of the giro then go home and prepare for the tour. Since there is a TTT, I can't see how the team will be ok with him not participating. Him, jens, kloeden and monfort are vital for the time trial.
Old 01-31-13, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Nielsen View Post
So thats 4 old men that does not give sh()t, a class act, an old class act, an austrian and a galloping frenchman or a fading ukrainian...

My guess he will have have, at best, 4 team mates that will give 100% for him. He deserves better.
I'm not exactly sure who are the 4 old men and who is the class act

IMO it's not that big of a deal. They are not the favourites and I doubt they will have to control the race at any point. The question is how long they can hang on to the Sky train. If in good shape I think Horner and Zubeldia have the best chances.

It's a pity for the TTT without Cancellara but in any case they will have a decent team. As for Rohregger I doubt he'll make the team, he's never been above B-team even at LEOPARD TREK. Popovych might not make it either, since Bruyneel is gone. I hope he will be replaced by Roulston or Rast for example. I think Laurent Didier also has decent chances because he is Andy's designated shadow for this year.

IMO:

Andy, Zubeldia, Monfort (sure deals), Gallopin (likely), Voigt, Horner, Klöden (depending on form). Outside chances: Didier, Roulston, Rast, maybe Busche if Horner is not an option for the token american?

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 01-31-13, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
I'm not exactly sure who are the 4 old men and who is the class act

IMO it's not that big of a deal. They are not the favourites and I doubt they will have to control the race at any point. The question is how long they can hang on to the Sky train. If in good shape I think Horner and Zubeldia have the best chances.

It's a pity for the TTT without Cancellara but in any case they will have a decent team. As for Rohregger I doubt he'll make the team, he's never been above B-team even at LEOPARD TREK. Popovych might not make it either, since Bruyneel is gone. I hope he will be replaced by Roulston or Rast for example. I think Laurent Didier also has decent chances because he is Andy's designated shadow for this year.

IMO:

Andy, Zubeldia, Monfort (sure deals), Gallopin (likely), Voigt, Horner, Klöden (depending on form). Outside chances: Didier, Roulston, Rast, maybe Busche if Horner is not an option for the token american?
I guess MAYBE there is a slight and yet technical chance that I have messed up my counting. Although in my defence Kloden, Zubeldia and Horner is old enought to count for 4 old men.

Montfort is the class act (one of my personal fav.) and Voigt the old class act. If I were in charge (Granted, there are many many many reasons why that would, should and can not happen. Just the courtorders alone...) I would not bring Kloden.
Old 01-31-13, 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
I agree with that thinking. Since there is no Johan anymore, and Guercilena and Andersen are the guys at wheel, the 9 of the Tour will be mostly leopard. Zubeldia and perhaps Kloden and Horner, but I prefer to see youngger riders
Old 01-31-13, 13:08

Monfort is definitely a class act and will be there in july. Very loyal and humble. Unlike Fuglsang over the last couple of years.
Zubeldia will be of use and as will horner if he has the form. And they should replace popovych with either Rast or Roulston. I still think they should have kiserlovski there. He is a good climber and better than the rest. And Andy does not need a train.
As for Kloden, he will only be of use in the TTT. Other than that, he is completely useless. does not seem to care about racing any more and doesn't seem too loyal.
Old 01-31-13, 13:23

Is Sergent doing the Giro again? He would be a good edition for the TTT, since that is where they will need the most help without Fabian. And he would be a good flat domestique IMHO.