Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 511 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-29-13, 16:22

Do you think your level of 2011 Giro and the Vuelta 2012 can win the next Tour?
Well, in the Giro 2011 the level was really good, but I hope to improve it for the Tour de France this year.

Old 01-29-13, 16:32

Watch the video of Wiggo; he says he's shooting for a podium at le Tour and riding for Chris. So if he tries the double it doesn't appear to be this year.

Meanwhile looking forward to Oman where Berto, Froome and Wiggo will all meet None of them will be at best form but they can all scope each other out!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Travis you're my Hero!

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-29-13, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Well, in the Giro 2011 the level was really good, but I hope to improve it for the Tour de France this year.

I like hearing that.
Old 01-29-13, 16:45

Quote:
give me the link

Btw last year he said he broke his training record in march/april 2012.

Last time he did that was just before the giro 2011
Old 01-29-13, 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
give me the link

Btw last year he said he broke his training record in march/april 2012.

Last time he did that was just before the giro 2011
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=58944

google translated

PROFESSIONALS Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Contador: "When there is nothing left of that guy's Iberdrola will be time to leave"

Alberto Contador has ended on a high note his first race of 2013, and the fourth stage at the Tour de San Luis. Although it started with the intention of not getting involved, he had his doubts and finally could not resist and starred in two climbs up in El Mirador del Potrero de Los Funes and El Mirador del Sol where he won.

We take the presence of BiciCiclismo in San Luis for a personal interview before a counter season that can finally compete normally.

What motivates you most in this stage of your sports career?
What I like to compete, is what makes me go out every day to train and love that people give me and says he enjoys me, that's very important and makes everything very easy.

You have had many experiences and sporting life, what remains of that boy amateur Iberdrola?
remains many things, almost everything. I consider myself just like 10, 11, 12 years later, too (laughs). Yes it is true that the prospect of cycling is different because you have a number of responsibilities and limitations on things we can do. See cycling not only as entertainment but as only a job. But, well, much of that boy. When nothing is left will be time to leave the bike. The illusion is always of course, but it's different. Because as live experiences see things one way or another, otherwise could not go out and train.

You are fulfilling years, you're a distance runner, an endurance runner, but has lost spark?
No, no, no. At the end depends somewhat on the fitness of each race. For example, the last few races that are my reference, the 2011 Giro d'Italia and the Tour of Spain 2012. In the Giro 2011 the spark was exactly the same as always. And in return had the spark but it was no match fitness had not allowed me to maintain the same speed for the ports. So I think that spark the preserve.

Bet on the Grand Tours, it is logical that fit your specs, do not you draw large Ardennes classics, Arrow, Amstel and Liège or the Tour of Lombardy, great racing tradition and history and with millions of fans?
For not. Do not know why. I never have come to excite as the Grand Tours. Just because I'm good laps and it would make it easier, in the classic instead see it more as the lottery and have to influence many factors. Just once I bet on them in 2010 and it is a time in which I favor allergies too. And last year in the Tour of Lombardy, although at some point I felt great, I was ahead but in the end I had some problems with the brakes, otherwise I could have finished in the top, first not because Joaquim was very strong but second or third.

"Mutual love" with the Giro d'Italia

Do you feel more passion for the Italian fans that the Spanish?
I think it's something different. Maybe there is more passion in Italy, but in Spain is incredible: it was amazing what I have experienced in the last lap, every day at the start or the finish, it was something that had never lived and had not seen or Tour de France. I feel really loved. Yes, with the Tour of Italy say we have a relationship of mutual love. If you ask for a preferred career surely tell the Giro d'Italia and that means how happy I am that race.

Your participation in the World Championship have questioned the Florence, does the World Ponferrada is a stimulus for the next year?
course is extra motivation, it is in your country and in principle on a journey that I can adapt better. It can be a great opportunity. As for 2013 will depend on whether I go to the Tour of Spain and is in the Vuelta will depend on if everything went well in the Tour or not, that does not mean winning or not winning but you have some kind of mishap on the can not perform at their best level.

Despite being the Tour de San Luis the first race of the season, the Saxo Bank-Tinkoff has worked in front of the pack, is it something you've asked?
Yes I think in the end all things must train them and also the respect of the squad must be earned each race. You have to work, sometimes you win and some do not. Fellow train for it.

How have you found the two end up?
First day in El Mirador del Potrero de los Funes had cramps and I was being cautious. In El Mirador del Sol could win again, but I'm still limited by weight and perhaps by heat.

And what about the first test trial of the year?
The trial involves efforts earlier in the season that is not even want to see them but are always welcome to do quality work.

Was the trial of 2009, in Annecy, which overcame a Cancellara, your last great performance in the field?
'm satisfied with my progress in the time trials. I think I did the time trial in the Tour of 2011 was very good, I just beat Tony Martin and Cadel Evans, the Giro d'Italia 2011 the last day did third but in the final meters I got carried away when he did not earn; and I think the time trial of the Tour of Murcia when I got the victory in 2010 and also last year's Vuelta.

I like the pink part
Old 01-31-13, 06:24

Quote:
http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=58944

Contador: "When there is nothing left of that guy's Iberdrola will be time to leave"

You have had many experiences and sporting life, what remains of that boy amateur Iberdrola?
remains many things, almost everything. I consider myself just like 10, 11, 12 years later, too (laughs). Yes it is true that the prospect of cycling is different because you have a number of responsibilities and limitations on things we can do. See cycling not only as entertainment but as only a job. But, well, much of that boy. When nothing is left will be time to leave the bike. The illusion is always of course, but it's different. Because as live experiences see things one way or another, otherwise could not go out and train.[/COLOR]
A picture of Alberto -- He was just 18 years and three months old c.2000

Old 01-31-13, 06:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrifice&hardwork View Post
A picture of Alberto -- He was just 18 years and three months old c.2000

Already winning what a cutie
Old 01-31-13, 09:59

Quote:
Already winning what a cutie
In that time,he wasn't Le Pistolero he was a just young spanish amateur cyclist called Alberto Contador.
Old 01-31-13, 11:50

That was before he created a nickname which his rivals did not dare to speak out....

Too bad they all know his real name
Old 01-31-13, 14:52