The Chicken will confess today - Page 20 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-31-13, 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
Respect to Mr. Rasmussen.
Indeed. Looks like a truly honest confession. And will help the sport to clean up some of d mess.
Old 01-31-13, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
WADA,USADA and the Dutch anti doping agency will be hot in their heels. So They'll have to act.
Everything looks coordinated and shared. Of course should these institutions fail to act in a meaningful way, I have little doubt Rasmussen will deliver the details in a book later. Act now or ticking bomb.
Old 01-31-13, 21:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post

So much for LA's statement in the interview with Dan the other day:

CN: Does TRC need to provide a complete amnesty?

Armstrong: Of course otherwise no one will show up. No one.

No one but a chicken that is.
Good to see Armstrong disproved so quickly
Old 01-31-13, 21:27

I dunno. The guy turns 39 in June and he has zero chance of racing WT. TRC can't offer him much.
Old 01-31-13, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundabout View Post
I dunno. The guy turns 39 in June and he has zero chance of racing WT. TRC can't offer him much.
TRC offers the ability to stay in the sport in some capacity.

Rasmussen is looking at a 2 year ban then a return as a DS. Not to be sniffed at.
Old 01-31-13, 21:53

I think it's good that Rasmussen told the truth about his doping, and did not try to hide parts of it. However, let's remember that Rabobank is coming down right now, so the timing of his admission is no coincidence. It reminds me of the Team Telekom confessions - welcome, but not exactly "voluntarily".

With every new confession, it becomes clear that there has to be truth and reconciliation, and it has to offer something for current riders. It's simply unsustainable that someone like Rasmussen admits to doping throughout his entire career, but the likes of Schleck, Contador, Wiggins, Evans, Vino et al. are somehow being celebrated as clean athletes. I hope that cycling can set an example for other sports.
Old 01-31-13, 21:55

Chapeau Michael
Old 01-31-13, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by enCYCLOpedia View Post
snipped...

It's simply unsustainable that someone like Rasmussen admits to doping throughout his entire career, but the likes of Schleck, Contador, Wiggins, Evans, Vino et al. are somehow being celebrated as clean athletes. I hope that cycling can set an example for other sports.
Contador and Vino are convicted dopers. Their results will forever be questionable.

The others however.....
Old 01-31-13, 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
What a badly informed comment... Rasmussen rode for a continental team, hence he wasn't part of the blood passport programme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcg76 View Post
Thought that as soon as I saw that post, went to google it to make sure and got distracted in another thread.
You sure?

Continental teams competing in PT races are still eligible for testing - they just don't necessarily get added to the OOC test pool.

Checking 2012's registered testing pool, Michael Rasmussen's name appears. So unless there are 2 Michael Rasmussens from Denmark, he is part of the ABP. I can't find the 2011, 2010 or earlier RTP, but if he's there in 2012, I am making an educated guess he was there in 2010 as well. If you're on the RTP, you're also eligible for OOC testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcg76 View Post
Does make me laugh to see the twisting people do in an effort to slam JV at every turn.
Makes me roll my eyes when people mobius themselves to attribute "slamming" of anyone based on posts discussing everything but the allegedly slammed person.

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 01-31-13 at 22:05.
Old 01-31-13, 22:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
You sure?

Continental teams competing in PT races are still eligible for testing - they just don't necessarily get added to the OOC test pool.

Checking 2012's registered testing pool, Michael Rasmussen's name appears. So unless there are 2 Michael Rasmussens from Denmark, he is part of the ABP. I can't find the 2011, 2010 or earlier RTP, but if he's there in 2012, I am making an educated guess he was there in 2010 as well. If you're on the RTP, you're also eligible for OOC testing.

Makes me roll my eyes when people mobius themselves to attribute "slamming" of anyone based on posts discussing everything but the allegedly slammed person.
Continental teams cannot compete in ProTour races.