The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game - Page 86 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-31-13, 20:16
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaaaaaaarten View Post
Langkawi gonna be an epic sprintfest, Guardini, Bos, Coquard

Finally Guardini might not win all the sprints in Langkawi, which, though I like Guardini, is a good thing, because didn't pick him.
Don't bet on it, Guardini will win every stage and the overall.

Or at least that's what happens in my fantasy where I win the CQ game.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 01-31-13, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by search View Post
von Hoff will do Langwaki as well
And Kroupis.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"
Old 02-01-13, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Don't bet on it, Guardini will win every stage and the overall.

Or at least that's what happens in my fantasy where I win the CQ game.
You can't imagine a more realistic winning scenario?
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 02-01-13, 02:33

Only 47 with Coquard means his results are probably worth following.
Old 02-01-13, 04:50
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
You can't imagine a more realistic winning scenario?
Guardini's inevitable domination is just one part of my winning scenario.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 02-01-13, 07:09

Send a message via MSN to ingsve Send a message via Skype™ to ingsve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
I know I had Coquard in my team at one point but I can't remember why on earth I removed him.

“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it” - Max Planck
Old 02-01-13, 07:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansIsTheBest View Post
Not surprising, considering that coming from the track, he has the speed (and the stages are still short at that time of the year so endurance is not a problem yet). It will be interesting to see how he copes with higher pace and longer distances as the season advances, that will be the key to have a Démare/Bouhanni-like season.
Actually, I was almost sad that he got 2nd at the U23 Worlds because it meant that more people would pick him and therefore the advantage of having him would not be as big (he was on my team the moment he decided to turned pro on the road).
Same here. I don't think he will have as good a year as Demare or Bouhanni but getting a win this early bodes well for getting other opportunities later in the year, and with the number of flattish 1.1 classics in France he should be good for a few hundred points.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 02-01-13, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Common guys, one small win doesn't make a season. He won one little stage and has 20 points. Its not like he won the Willunga Hill stage and got 300 points for that.

Technically, you need about 500 points on average from every rider on your team to win this game and even though he is a great talent, and most likely will be profitable rider, I just dont see him grinding 500 points this season.
Old 02-01-13, 15:11

Send a message via MSN to ingsve Send a message via Skype™ to ingsve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jancouver View Post
Common guys, one small win doesn't make a season. He won one little stage and has 20 points. Its not like he won the Willunga Hill stage and got 300 points for that.

Technically, you need about 500 points on average from every rider on your team to win this game and even though he is a great talent, and most likely will be profitable rider, I just dont see him grinding 500 points this season.
I think you're downplaying him too much. He doesn't need to score 500 points. Eventhough that may be the average you'll always have a broad span from expensive riders that carry a bigger part of that average to unsuccessful riders that barely break even or end on negative numbers. I'm sure Coquard can easily score 200 points and if he does I'll bet that you can pick any team and you would find at least one rider that you can replace with Coquard and the team would score higher because of it.

“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it” - Max Planck
Old 02-01-13, 15:16

Well obviously 500 points isn't required for each rider because the winning team will have someone below that given Kennaugh/Bobridge/Ospina are not going to reach those heights.

In any case Coquard will score at least 250 and people who picked him knew that before yesterday, though it will be interesting to see if he can get any surprise results like a ****ty stage race GC.

Last edited by Ferminal; 02-01-13 at 15:28.