Sign here if you think Henao is a future star on the european scene. - Page 23 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-31-13, 23:37

Agree/Disagree:

Sergio Henao will wear a GT leaders jersey this year.
Old 01-31-13, 23:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by element View Post
@chrisfroome on twitter today -

Any predictions for Sergio this year?
Vuelta podium, looks like he's working in the Giro with Uran in the Tour?
Old 02-01-13, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarononymous View Post
Vuelta podium, looks like he's working in the Giro with Uran in the Tour?
Could definitely see it happening. I hope he is let off the leash. I see him as a better bet for grand tours than Uran. I think Uran should focus on the Ardennes, where he could win something.
Old 02-01-13, 10:18

Quote:
@chrisfroome on twitter today -

Race efforts over Sa Calobra today. Sergio demolished the rest of us #colombianpower

Any predictions for Sergio this year?
I don't know what races he will get to lead, other than perhaps the Vuelta. I expect a big improvement in his climbing anyhow. Shame about the Giro...
Old 02-01-13, 10:49

Some of the Colombians in the eighties were exciting riders like Parra and Herrera. Uran has improved and Duarte has a lot of potential. Be interesting to watch their progress. Only time will tell.
Old 02-01-13, 13:56
Administrator

Quote:
Could definitely see it happening. I hope he is let off the leash. I see him as a better bet for grand tours than Uran. I think Uran should focus on the Ardennes, where he could win something.
Uran has said he is aiming for the podium at a grand tour this year, and that he will be in either the Tour or Giro. The Vuelta's the one he has the best chance of podium in, since he will be a domestique in the other races. So Henao might have to work for him there. Although Henao was top 10 while working for him in the Giro, so it's definitely possible that he could pull out a good result while working for him.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 02-01-13, 14:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
Uran has said he is aiming for the podium at a grand tour this year, and that he will be in either the Tour or Giro. The Vuelta's the one he has the best chance of podium in, since he will be a domestique in the other races. So Henao might have to work for him there. Although Henao was top 10 while working for him in the Giro, so it's definitely possible that he could pull out a good result while working for him.
He should do well in the mountains but the TT could be a problem as far as making the podium goes. Nibali, Wiggins, Ryder are all better TT riders re the Giro. The Vuelta does seem more likely.
Old 02-01-13, 15:35

Urán doesnt have nothing to do in the GC of a GT. Henao could improve and well in the future maybe he could get a podium in a Grand Tour. But the times that arrive are very hard, a huge level of gt riders. Contador, Froome, Wiggins, Nibali, Valverde, Joaquim R., Van Den Broeck, Van Garderen, Talansky, Rolland, Pinot... and maybe guys like Quintana, Dombrowski, Kelderman, Chaves... in few years. Its a hard scenario for Henao.

Last edited by Jason_Mercier; 02-01-13 at 15:38.
Old 02-01-13, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
Some of the Colombians in the eighties were exciting riders like Parra and Herrera. Uran has improved and Duarte has a lot of potential. Be interesting to watch their progress. Only time will tell.
Yes and Urán doesnt have anything exciting.
Old 02-01-13, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustienordic View Post
Quintana >>>>>>> Henao ~~ Uran

I rank Henao and Uran [...] They are both wonderful attacking riders..
Of course. We saw it in the last Giro D'Italia #wheelsuckers.
Seriously. When was the last time which Urán attacked? Henao in Burgos and PV. Rigoberto?

Last edited by Jason_Mercier; 02-01-13 at 15:48.