JV talks, sort of - Page 236 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-09-13, 12:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
I guess that that little animation was JVs personal little dig at someone, probably the clinic(ie button monkeys), I gave you and no one else some peanuts you ungrateful Sugar Honey Ice Ts.

It has the ring of Wiggins Bone Idle W*nkers tune!
I did not bother to click and watch/listen to it. I have already made my mind up, like Armstrong circa 2004.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

but George Bush put it much more eloquently than I can
Old 02-01-13, 04:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV1973 View Post
Let me answer you in a more basic form: NO, there is no Tom Danielson pos test.

I was poking fun at Wiggo's "I heard from a friend of a buddy of my next door neighbor's son's brother's best friend's 1st cousin that Tom had a test..."

You guys read into everything I say soooooo much. For those of you that have actually met me, you'd realize I pretty much spout out what's going on in my head. Prudence isn't my best trait.
Kristin's corner is where you get the lowdown
Old 02-01-13, 13:37

it's been echoing in these JV threads for a while now.

waiting for JV's re-assessment of the current state of cycling in light of the Lance confession and Rabo farce.

Last edited by sniper; 02-01-13 at 13:45.
Old 02-01-13, 14:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
it's been echoing in these JV threads for a while now.

waiting for JV's re-assessment of the current state of cycling in light of the Lance confession and Rabo farce.
Well considering that most of the stuff that has come out in both cases goes back about five year's or more, it doesn't really change a lot about the perception of the current peloton.

People are saying, oh look Rasmussen doped up until 2010 but he was actually suspended for two years until late in the 2009 season. Were athletes who were suspended still tested during the period of suspension?

He says he stopped doping in 2010 but doesn't say when he stopped during that season. Why did he stop? We don't even know if Rasmussen was subject to the BP at that time? Maybe being subject to the BP is why he stopped which would actually back up JV more than anything!!!

There is also the case of LL Sanchez but again JV never said that everyone stopped doping or that things were perfect so of course there will be those who were still doping.

Until we get more info from these cases about more current times, nothing has really changed in term's of the the 'doping situation has improved' statement. Maybe JV will be made look a fool but I will wait for some more relevant current info before jumping to conclusions.
Old 02-01-13, 14:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcg76 View Post
Quote:
JV never said that everyone stopped doping
he did once say that he felt "cycling is now clean", but was obviously made to backtrack.

Quote:
Well considering that most of the stuff that has come out in both cases goes back about five year's or more
I feel a bit uncomfortable having to point out to you that Bruyneel was in the game until 2012 and Riis still is in the game, and that the Leinders-revelations reflect very dangerously into the present as well. Furthermore, Lance's lies about 2009/10 shed a dark light on all the other affidavits in which cleanliness after 2006 was claimed. Gripper says she believes Lance. JV is a big Gripper fan.

Gripper McQuaid, Lance, the affidavits, Vaughters, all singing the same tune. Is this one big bloodpassport > clean cycling propaganda campagne or am I too cynical?

Rasmussen's 2005/6 data suggest the Biopassport ain't working.

In sum: It's not difficult to adduce evidence against clean(er) cycling.
Thus far JV's claims have been supported only by the loudness of his voice and the bottomless naivity (call it good faith if you will) of certain fans.

Last edited by sniper; 02-01-13 at 14:39.
Old 02-01-13, 14:45

Quote:
Well considering that most of the stuff that has come out in both cases goes back about five year's or more, it doesn't really change a lot about the perception of the current peloton.

People are saying, oh look Rasmussen doped up until 2010 but he was actually suspended for two years until late in the 2009 season. Were athletes who were suspended still tested during the period of suspension?

He says he stopped doping in 2010 but doesn't say when he stopped during that season. Why did he stop? We don't even know if Rasmussen was subject to the BP at that time? Maybe being subject to the BP is why he stopped which would actually back up JV more than anything!!!

There is also the case of LL Sanchez but again JV never said that everyone stopped doping or that things were perfect so of course there will be those who were still doping.

Until we get more info from these cases about more current times, nothing has really changed in term's of the the 'doping situation has improved' statement. Maybe JV will be made look a fool but I will wait for some more relevant current info before jumping to conclusions.
Rasmussen says he stopped doping in the spring 2010. He says he stopped because he knew he wouldn't be winning big races anymore, he wouldn't get to ride Tour de France again. He hasn't said anything about the biological passport. He said he kept doping during his suspension because he thought all the teams would want "the world's best climber".
Old 02-01-13, 14:55

Quote:
he did once say that he felt "cycling is now clean", but was obviously made to backtrack.

I feel a bit uncomfortable having to point out to you that Bruyneel was in the game until 2012 and Riis still is in the game, and that the Leinders-revelations reflect very dangerously into the present as well. Furthermore, Lance's lies about 2009/10 shed a dark light on all the other affidavits in which cleanliness after 2006 was claimed. Gripper says she believes Lance. JV is a big Gripper fan.

Gripper McQuaid, Lance, the affidavits, Vaughters, all singing the same tune. Is this one big bloodpassport > clean cycling propaganda campagne or am I too cynical?

Thus far JV's claims have been supported only by the loudness of his voice and the bottomless naivity (call it good faith if you will) of certain fans.
Ok, I'm going to refrain myself from calling you a low functioning Cretin. But that's out of love, not more.

2 facts:

Rasmussen would have never been tested in the bio passport system ever, why?

1. Bio-pass started in 2008 (not 2005-2006)

2. He was on a continental team after 2007. Conti teams don't get tested w bio-pass system.

before you start swinging the self righteous "we know better" blade, you might want to research the topic. just a bit.

xoxo, JV

Last edited by JV1973; 02-01-13 at 14:59.
Old 02-01-13, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV1973 View Post
Ok, I'm going to refrain myself from calling you a low functioning Cretin. But that's out of love, not more.

2 facts:

Rasmussen would have never been tested in the bio passport system ever, why?

1. Its started in 2008

2. He was on a continental team. They don't get tested.

before you start swinging the self righteous "we know better" blade, you might want to research the topic. just a bit.

xoxo, JV
They don't get tested with Bio-Passport... just to clarify.

Last edited by JV1973; 02-01-13 at 14:59.
Old 02-01-13, 14:58

Quote:
As Christina Watches were Continental they were not subject to the passport.

Quote:

The passport wasn't introduced until 2008.

EDIT: Damn, not only beaten to it but by the man himself.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 02-01-13, 15:03

Frankly, the attempt to link every single doping story to JV is getting tiresome.

Anyway, JV, since you're here: have you seen Rasmussen's blood values? What do you make of them? Even to my totally untrained eye his 2007 TdF values look suspicious as hell, but the rest look a lot less clear-cut.