The revenge of Rasmussen ... - Page 54 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-02-13, 14:25

Saxo support him personally, if they were worried about doping they would have bolted away from Contador. Tinkov couldn't give a ****.
Old 02-02-13, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
Quite confident that Raboblanco and Vacans won't be able to find sponsors to continue next year, and Becca's team might join them.
I suppose someone will blame the media or the antidoping crusaders or the Clinic 12 or whatever, so I'll take this chance to say those teams had it coming and have been their own undoing.
Old 02-02-13, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
I cant see why Riis will have any sponsors next year.
Even if Saxo quits, Tinkov will stay.
Old 02-02-13, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
I suppose someone will blame the media or the antidoping crusaders or the Clinic 12 or whatever, so I'll take this chance to say those teams had it coming and have been their own undoing.
Rabo, and Shack definitely. Vacans had their problems with the signings of Ricco and Mosquera and this year they signed Bole, but could consider themselves unfortunate.
Old 02-02-13, 14:36
Banned

Quote:
I don't see the reason for the opposite. Danish federation had much evidence to touch Riis before Rassmussen's admission (OP, Tyler's book etc. etc), but it didn't happen because no federation will destroy its national cycling completely. So I'm pessimistic in this regard.

Last edited by airstream; 02-02-13 at 14:39.
Old 02-02-13, 14:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Saxo support him personally, if they were worried about doping they would have bolted away from Contador. Tinkov couldn't give a ****.
Riis has been quite teflon so far, but how long can it last? It will not take much digging to expose him.
Old 02-02-13, 14:55

Quote:
Riis has been quite teflon so far, but how long can it last? It will not take much digging to expose him.
If hopefully Riis is forced out of cycling this time, Pretty sure Tinkov will carry on with his own team.
Old 02-02-13, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
and about japanese athletes doping. to eveyr rule there is an exception, but "begrijpend lezen" is something clealry don;'t understand. japan has almost no doping positives and those that were have been done so in usa for instance (mlb,ufc)
Hmmm, this is the same country that only has murder recorded as a murder when there is an almost certain chance of arrest & conviction!

You're logic is mortally flawed. It doesn't matter what the nationality, dopers know no borders. A Japanese rider is no less likely to dope than a Briton, American, Spaniard, Norwegian or Italian.

Last edited by ultimobici; 02-02-13 at 14:59.
Old 02-02-13, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
That's no surprise, given how a Rabo DS said last week that re-signing Luis Leon was a mistake, as he is a 'risk'.

Undoubtedly they will be seen as hypocricitical, but the new management had nothing to do with Luis Leon's new contract. Which wasn't cheap either.
also I'm sure the current luis leon is clean, he's totally different rider now. but if they are going to take him based on 2006, then when are they ever going to restest f'n basso in giro 2005/2006? the biggest cycling joke in recent history
Old 02-02-13, 21:48

Quote:
because he already has and saxo is his personal sponsor. their boss is a close friend of riis. similar to how lampre's boss is a huge cycling fan and he will never quit cycling, despite everyone (and probably you too) in recent years claiming lampre would quit