Reactions from the peloton - Page 118 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-02-13, 19:31

Just in comparison: Roger Federer was tested 11 times in 2012 i read in a swiss newspaper.
Old 02-03-13, 18:11

Daniel Benson on McQuaid and Danielson

Find it comical that cycling fans in the US boo Mcquaid but are happy to see Danielson start cross races

https://mobile.twitter.com/dnlbenson...2809787392?p=v
Old 02-04-13, 19:42

Default Gerald Ciolek

Quote:
VN: What's your opinion on the Armstrong situation?

GC: If the case and all the stuff coming out right now about things that happened ten years ago helps to makes cycling cleaner, then it's a good thing.

All the people who looked up to him have also a right to know the truth, even if they probably all knew before.

The bad thing is that now the media reflects an impression of cycling and the organized doping which is ten years old - and it stays in the mind of the public.

There are hundreds of cyclists with good intentions who are riding now; it's not fair on us.

VN: Has it made the German media even more 'anti-cycling’?

GC: They are not really anti-cycling. Ten years ago when Telekom was so successful, it was the flagship of the German nation and the journalists were riding the crest of the beautiful wave, called success.

They were not objective in this time, just as they aren't now. Now cycling is the whipping boy, so they write about doping – it’s just a simple thing.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13...#ixzz2Jxegfj1Z
If we had a £1 for every rider who has spouted that rubbish.
Old 02-11-13, 10:26

double post sorry
Old 04-12-13, 18:45

Daniel Benson twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/dnlbenson...7323843588?p=v

Being zero tolerance to doping & employing Honchar is like being you're zero tolerance to doping & employing Neil Stephens. Pointless
Old 04-14-13, 00:51

That's really harsh and unfair. Poor Stephens was just in the wrong place at the wrong time....five or six times.
Old 04-29-13, 15:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyboy View Post
Marcel Kittel - "So they confirmed Armstrongs ban. And now? I don't agree that "we should forget Armstrong".He should always be the reminder 4 the wrong way!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_boy_fat View Post
Marcel Kittel on Twitter:

I feel SICK when I read that Contador, Sanchez & Indurain still support Armstrong. How does someone want to be credible by saying that?!

https://twitter.com/marcelkittel/sta...35018256216064
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterst6906 View Post
Marcel Kittel ‏@marcelkittel
I mean, it makes it all worse. They should play their false game somewhere else. Or do they ride for money instead of joy?! #weirdpeople
This can't be right. The clinic 12 told me Kittel is a coward and possibly racist who only picks on unknown turkish riders. No way was he one of like 4 riders worldwide who criticised LA and AC. Must be some kind of hoax...
Old 04-29-13, 16:30

The "Clinic 12" thing is great for a joke, but when you take it beyond that it doesn't make you look good. Not all respected Clinic regulars hold the same opinion on anything, they're not a hivemind, and Kittel's stance has been mentioned in that other thread.
Old 04-29-13, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
The "Clinic 12" thing is great for a joke, but when you take it beyond that it doesn't make you look good. Not all respected Clinic regulars hold the same opinion on anything, they're not a hivemind, and Kittel's stance has been mentioned in that other thread.
Well, actually there are approximately 12 posters in the clinic who hold very similar opinions, i.e, they all dope and everything is considered a sign of doping who also happen to be the most vocal in here and I am sure this is who JV was referring to.

I think most people could name 6 or 7 of the top of their heads but would have to think about the rest.
Old 04-29-13, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcg76 View Post
Well, actually there are approximately 12 posters in the clinic who hold very similar opinions, i.e, they all dope and everything is considered a sign of doping who also happen to be the most vocal in here and I am sure this is who JV was referring to.

I think most people could name 6 or 7 of the top of their heads but would have to think about the rest.
The Clinic 12 are batting north of .95 when it comes to spotting sketchy riders.