Sign here if you think Henao is a future star on the european scene. - Page 24 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-01-13, 15:47

I think its pretty clear that Sky plan to have two GC type riders in each GT, in case of accidents. One wil be the the leader and the #2 guy will stick close.

Giro: Wiggins + ?? (Uran, Sergio, Porte are all contenders for the role here)
Tour: Froomedog + Wiggo
Vuelta is probably the best shot for the Columbians at a podium
Old 02-01-13, 15:58

Definitely the vuelta for henao. Only 1 itt there and the number of summit finishes could negate the effects of that. Just hope he can get a win soon, after coming close on a number of occasions last year
Old 02-02-13, 20:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Mercier View Post
Of course. We saw it in the last Giro D'Italia #wheelsuckers.
Seriously. When was the last time which Urán attacked? Henao in Burgos and PV. Rigoberto?
uran and henao both attacked in burgos after each other and also in london. uran has been boring ever since riding with sky. blame sky, same with henao who whenever he is allowed to ride for himself attacsk all the time, see mallorca and burgos and uran too in burgos and olympics. as soon as colombians ride for their country they make a transformation
Old 04-06-13, 18:29

Very nice performance from Henao this week too. His time trial still needs a lot of work but it's getting better.

I wonder how he will do in the Ardennes? Probably not going to win one but I'd expect him to place well. One thing I've noticed with him is that he's at a good level in EVERY race he does and his recovery is good which all points to a great future.
Old 04-06-13, 18:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRanton View Post
Very nice performance from Henao this week too. His time trial still needs a lot of work but it's getting better.

I wonder how he will do in the Ardennes? Probably not going to win one but I'd expect him to place well. One thing I've noticed with him is that he's at a good level in EVERY race he does and his recovery is good which all points to a great future.
Could podium at F-W, especially if Gilbert sucks.

Performing well in every race is a sign of his natural talent.
Old 04-06-13, 19:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
Could podium at F-W, especially if Gilbert sucks.

Performing well in every race is a sign of his natural talent.
I wasn't suggesting otherwise.

The Colombians are back. Just like in the 80s before EPO. I'm beginning to think Vaughters is right and that the sport is as clean as its been in ages (and I'm a massive cynic).
Old 04-06-13, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRanton View Post
I wasn't suggesting otherwise.

The Colombians are back. Just like in the 80s before EPO. I'm beginning to think Vaughters is right and that the sport is as clean as its been in ages (and I'm a massive cynic).
I'm beginning to think too

Last edited by sittingbison; 04-08-13 at 07:56. Reason: clinic stuff redacted
Old 04-06-13, 19:08

This isn't the clinic. Please remember that.
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 04-06-13, 23:56

It's unbelievable the base level this guy seems to have. Really extraordinary. I think that he doesn't win as much as he should. I mean, theoretically, he could have won Basque Country and still he lost; he looks like a master in getting 2nds and 3rds.
My suggestion is that Sky should let him off the leash because he always seems to be tangled up in their tactical games. Either he's riding for Froome or Wiggins, or riding with Porte and Henao. Leave him alone, put 7 domestiques commited to him and let him ride whatever and however he feels like.
Old 04-07-13, 03:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevim View Post
It's unbelievable the base level this guy seems to have. Really extraordinary. I think that he doesn't win as much as he should. I mean, theoretically, he could have won Basque Country and still he lost; he looks like a master in getting 2nds and 3rds.
My suggestion is that Sky should let him off the leash because he always seems to be tangled up in their tactical games. Either he's riding for Froome or Wiggins, or riding with Porte and Henao. Leave him alone, put 7 domestiques commited to him and let him ride whatever and however he feels like.
You mean Uran?