Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession) - Page 55 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-02-13, 02:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
You nailed it. Revisionist History 101.

Trouble is, even if Armstrong can convince some peole with the 'level playing field' argument, he'll never be able to explain away his extreme cᴜntish behavoir over the years. This'll be his main legacy.
The World outside the Clinic 12 gets it now.

Lance used cancer sufferers and their families to hide doping and cheating. Apparently that isn't playing nice after all.

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 02-03-13, 00:33

I must agree with OLDMAN..It is obvious he is marshalling the Lance-Lovers to help him throw off the'un-fair'(like he ever was fair) yoke of sin he's been saddled with by the wicked witch from the west, Tygart. He, by force of his will and that of his Lance-Lovers, will cause there to be a TRUE 'Truth-Reconciliation Commision' run by those he has shielded with his holy body, the heroic UCI. He will testify THERE and THERE ALONE, in defiance of the mighty, evil, tax money wasting Tygart. And he shall be blessed, as he continues to shield those holy men, by none other than Saint McQuad. And his thorney crown of guilt/suspension will be lifted from his rightous shoulders by that UCI, as they will be expatiated by those they ALLOW to confesses, what THEY allow to be confessed. I think I'm spot on, any bets?
Old 02-03-13, 01:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton View Post
I must agree with OLDMAN..It is obvious he is marshalling the Lance-Lovers to help him throw off the'un-fair'(like he ever was fair) yoke of sin he's been saddled with by the wicked witch from the west, Tygart. He, by force of his will and that of his Lance-Lovers, will cause there to be a TRUE 'Truth-Reconciliation Commision' run by those he has shielded with his holy body, the heroic UCI. He will testify THERE and THERE ALONE, in defiance of the mighty, evil, tax money wasting Tygart. And he shall be blessed, as he continues to shield those holy men, by none other than Saint McQuad. And his thorney crown of guilt/suspension will be lifted from his rightous shoulders by that UCI, as they will be expatiated by those they ALLOW to confesses, what THEY allow to be confessed. I think I'm spot on, any bets?
Post of the day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-03-13, 01:42

I really don't have much to add, just wantin to show off my new avi!!!. But I guess I should say something as to not get banninnated, armstrong's lawyers is money suckin leeches! Gotta like 'em for that.

There was so much evidence staring everybody in the face and yet so many people wanted to believe the beautiful lie, rather than the ugly truth. -Alex Gibney
Old 02-03-13, 10:24

Jørgen Leth, danish poet and film maker,
(http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20924403z...sunday+in+hell
Full version of Leth's famous documentary on the 74. edition of the Paris-Roubaix)
and a long time expert commentator on bike race transmissions on danish TV2, today comments on the recent doping admissions here:
http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-02-03-man...nd-og-fredelig.
It's in danish, but use google translate and maybe, if you're lucky, it will make sense.

I've translated one part of the comment that really speaks volumes about Jørgen Leth:

"-It was with big interest that I read the USADA protocol regarding Floyd Landis. I've read Tyler Hamilton's book and with great pleasure I watched both parts of the Oprah Winfrey interviews.

-Volumes and details are far preferable to the dailypress ultrashort summary.
We don't know what Michael Rasmussen has told the doping authorities. He has chosen not to speak about it.

-But the big difference between Lance Armstrong and Michael Rasmussen's penance is that Armstrong did not mention any names, did not point to others, whereas it appears that Michael Rasmussen would like to contribute to a major cleansing. He thinks it's ok to be a snitcher.

-I liked Armstrong for the position he revealed. I think it was a fine setting for a nobel confession. LA was only interested in bringing out his own sins. What he did and how he saw it all.
-I guess you can say that his professed ex-teammates in advance had filled out all holes"

Jørgen Leth was quoted for this the day after the Oprah interviews here:
http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-01-18-let...ner-tilgivelse

"-It was a very humble Lance, it must be said. He let himself be totally undressed. He took one shock after the other. And he did it in a sympatic way. He was really humbled by the process. He had to admit to his lies and he behaved properly to those people he have bullied along the way. He did put a lot of things into where they belong. He was pronounced humiliated by the conversation and he saw it as a new chance in life. A new chance to show himself as a more humane person than he has expressed in the past".

And he concludes:
"-A man who confesses deserves to be forgiven. And I'm ready."

Now, I used to respect Jørgen Leth. Those days are over now!

Last edited by Sofa Rider; 02-03-13 at 10:57.
Old 02-03-13, 14:18

Jørgen Leth always lived in his own world. He is not a journalist. He is a poet who twists reality to fit in his own narrative. Don't expect objectivity from him.
Old 02-03-13, 15:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
You nailed it. Revisionist History 101.

Trouble is, even if Armstrong can convince some peole with the 'level playing field' argument, he'll never be able to explain away his extreme cᴜntish behavoir over the years. This'll be his main legacy.
All true.

Not sure if anyone really registered the animosity Jay Leno has for LA. Not once but twice this week, he led his guests into an opportunity to share their opinions on LA. Jay seems well versed on the depravity of our friend.

Charlie Sheen: He's a d0uche. Oops, Sorry Lance..
Leno: No no, you're right.

And then Tyler:
Leno: Did he ever threaten you?
TH: Yes, professionally and personally.
Leno: ( silent for emphasis)

When Leno gets on your case twice in a few days, you can be sure that their revisionist history plans will not go unchallenged.
Old 02-05-13, 00:35

Is this the link between Lance ratting on fellow cyclists to start up Operation Puerto or was it all really just Manzano?

"Luis Garcia Del Morel, who once worked with Lance Armstrong, was on the books of Barcelona as a "medical consultant", thought to work with Eufemiano Fuentes"

any insight?

Last edited by Neworld; 02-05-13 at 01:05.
Old 02-05-13, 00:57

Two more days to decide about spilling the beans; telling it all, every hook, line and sinker...2 more days...
Old 02-05-13, 01:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco10 View Post
lance just needs to pull himself together.

lol!!!