End Professional Cycling - Page 8 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-13, 04:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
I will await the independent confirmation that you aren't BPC. Odd for someone who only signed up less that 6 months ago to have such knowledge of someone who has been banned for such a long time.

The lady protest too much.
arbiter, polish,bpc, had a type of schema when he had a few words, verb - noun - adverb, or something like that, and haiku syllables.

obviously polish and arbiter were handles that were exceptions to the rule, but they quickly manifested the true owner.

mad elephant man, fits with the appellations BPC has give himself.
Old 02-04-13, 04:08

I think Mad Elephant Man is onto something in here, in the sense that professional cycling could use a break, nothing would happen if these doped to the gills asshatz stopped pedaling their bikes for a year or two..... once the money stops rolling to ASO and all the big players, bike sponsors etc... maybe they'll get serious about fixing the circus that cycling is.

They could burn the UCI to the ground, rearrange it so that doping is handled by an independent organization. The 'poor helpless' riders could get organized and get a union that properly represents their interest, throw a bone to women cycling there while they're at it.

If the GT races are just too damn hard to compete paniagua, then change the damn format, bit shorter stages, two weeks instead of three, whatever it takes.

If in the end they decide no one really cares about a cleaner sport, then they might as well make a DOPERS league and run their superhuman races, I'd love to see who's going to sponsor them, hell make a Le Mans type series with multiple categories, clean and doped at the same time for all I care.... that would make for a good show huh.

A 100% dope free peloton is a pipe dream, but I'd like to see a sport where doping is the exception and not the friggen rule like now a days. I'm just tired of all the hypocrisy surrounding cycling when it comes to the use of PED and the corruption in the UCI. This goes to almost any other sports out there as well.

So F'em all, take a time out and fix their damn mess.... yeah a pipe dream as well.

Last edited by la_bicicleta; 02-04-13 at 04:15.
Old 02-04-13, 04:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Elephant Man View Post
Professional Cycling has proven itself to be totally dope ridden and corrupt.

Professional Cycling should stop, there should be no more races.

Perhaps in a decade or two it should come back.

Until then no more races.
Why put the death sentence on pro cycling when that sport is the only one looking earnestly, outside of the UCI, to clean up the sport?
Old 02-04-13, 04:40

Pro Cycling is the cleanest dirty pro sport. Just have a look at the NFL for comparison, then you guys would start to come to appreciate the (at least) little steps cycling has taken.

So, i am looking forward a great season where races are (most of time) not scripted, refs can´t have any shady influence, and there are no more needle filled locker rooms, and no neanderthals on bikes.

I have some trust in the new guys like TJVG, Talansky, Stetina, Pinot, etc. I have some trust in anti doping agencys (at least there is something like that, which is completely missing in other pro sports)

Relax, enjoy the great rides...

Old 02-04-13, 06:58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
At every level? Amateur, under 23, junior, recreational?
Professional sport that is riddled with doping and corruption is what I meant.
Old 02-04-13, 07:08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjambunath View Post
You protest much about doping... hence you're a doper?

He's definitely not BPC. I don't know who BPC is and CGAF, but Elephant man had an earlier ID here from 2009/10 maybe and he deleted it. And he's no Armstrong supporter either.
Thank you ram, much appreciated, your support has brought tears to my eyes. I wish I was still on velorooms with you guys, it is a far superior place to this one and I really miss the place. However I did things I should not have done and I fully deserve the permanent ban I received. I am really ashamed of some of the things I did over there. I will say, the little it matters, sorry for all the wrong things I did over there.
My wish on this place is to be no trouble to the moderators. I managed it for quite a while when I first started posting on here and hope to do so again.

Well this has really taken the thread off topic, sorry.
Old 02-04-13, 07:17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs John Murphy View Post
I will await the independent confirmation that you aren't BPC. Odd for someone who only signed up less that 6 months ago to have such knowledge of someone who has been banned for such a long time.

The lady protest too much.
I hope the post by ram has reduced your suspicions of me being BPC.

As ram says I used to post here under a different username. It was LukeSchmid.

When I started posting here I made it quite clear in my signature that I used to post here as LukeSchmid.

My twitter is @lukeschmid
mew is actually one of my 21 twitter followers which makes her post rather funny in a way.

So your instincts that I was not a new poster where completely correct, so I am not really annoyed at you at all, you just picked the wrong person. Lets just forget about your error and move on.
Old 02-04-13, 07:25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxyBrown1111 View Post
Pro Cycling is the cleanest dirty pro sport. Just have a look at the NFL for comparison, then you guys would start to come to appreciate the (at least) little steps cycling has taken.

So, i am looking forward a great season where races are (most of time) not scripted, refs canīt have any shady influence, and there are no more needle filled locker rooms, and no neanderthals on bikes.

I have some trust in the new guys like TJVG, Talansky, Stetina, Pinot, etc. I have some trust in anti doping agencys (at least there is something like that, which is completely missing in other pro sports)

Relax, enjoy the great rides...

Maybe you are right and I erred in my frustration at the sport.

I am very concerned when I look at teams at see people like Vino, Ekimov, Riis, Stephens and to a lesser extent Vaughters involved in teams. However if you removed all those that are linked with doping from teams then there is not much expertise left to run teams.
For example, although Riis obviously has a doping past as a rider and almost certainly as a team manager he probably is a very good team manager in other ways. To remove Riis from cycling, which I think is the right thing to do, you remove a good manager as well.
If the doping past is removed cycling who runs it?
End professional cycling for a while, remove the dopers and then build it again from an amateur sport.
Old 02-04-13, 07:26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
arbiter, polish,bpc, had a type of schema when he had a few words, verb - noun - adverb, or something like that, and haiku syllables.

obviously polish and arbiter were handles that were exceptions to the rule, but they quickly manifested the true owner.

mad elephant man, fits with the appellations BPC has give himself.
I am sorry I posted in a way that reminded you of BPC, it was not my intention to bring back bad memories.
Old 02-04-13, 08:57

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruut View Post
I call BS. No-one with this attitude towards the sport would have had reservations in the first place.
What an inane post. How would you know? I think you read to many tarot cards a fine source of intellectual data.

Since the TDF was going to Alpe d'Huez this year I booked a flight to Grenoble and a hotel room in Bourg d'Oisons. Now that EVERY pro cycling race is suspect because of the prevarication from everyone invloved in the "sport" (and I use the term lightly) I cancelled.

What a tool you are! You are simply afraid to admit the obvious - pro cycling is a bust. And if you want to go to the TDF to fawn over cheats, liars, prevaricators etc be my guest. That is what most of America did with Lance Armstrong and look where that got pro cycling.

Last edited by RobbieCanuck; 02-04-13 at 09:00.
Closed Thread