JV talks, sort of - Page 262 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-04-13, 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV1973
It's a valid question. While VDV, Zab etc. I was well aware of their histories, Allen portrayed himself as "just the coach" to Floyd and not more. He always told me he knew something was going on, but he wasn't a part of it. He said Floyd "shielded" him from it all.

I Have no idea if this is just complete crap or true. I still get conflicting stories. Whatever. Allen was straight with us. He was the biggest proponent of the no needles policy when we indexed that in 2008. He never had access to medical files and certainly not blood test records. He coached our guys. Period. He is not an MD. But I haven't spoken to him since 2009 when he left for Radio Shack. That move gave me the impression that he was a little bit "whichever way the wind blows..."

BTW - Allen was hardly central. Our best years have been since he left. As i later found, there are better sports scientists. He was just a very good promotor.

JV
This drives me nuts...you and I know full well what the truth is here on Lim.
“If you consider my situation: a guy who comes back from arguably, you know, a death sentence, why would I then enter into a sport and dope myself up and risk my life again? That's crazy. I would never do that. No. No way."

"Yes, there were six samples with EPO in it, and there were another two samples where it was pretty plain to a trained observer that there was synthetic EPO in those as well." Michael Ashenden on '99 samples
Old 02-04-13, 16:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Digger, all I'm saying is that different people tell me different stuff on this. I don't know. I don't care! Perhaps you underestimate how much Allen ****ed me off leaving for RS in 2009. The guy who extolled clean racing to me and told me all the horrible stories about Discovery, which made it to IM via Frankie...that guy went and worked for the person he claimed to hate. It's all I can do to be objective here. believe me, it'd be much easier to just call the guy names, etc.

However, that just ain't cool.
Old 02-04-13, 16:50

how do you guys know this is really jonathan vaughters?
Old 02-04-13, 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
Maybe the 8% increase on your part wasn't as much as other riders who would get a 20 extra % in red blood cells, or even more. That must be the difference I guess....

Do you not feel focked because of that disadvantage? Maybe you could have been a good stage racer for all we know.
Yeah, who knows. Ive been blessed in this life, I'm not going to ***** about how I only cheated some, but other guys cheated more because of my natural blood levels. I mean, if I was born at 41%, do you think I would have said "No, Dr. DelMoral, only pop me up to 45%, thanks." Doubtful.

I'll just be happy and leave it at that.
Old 02-04-13, 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
how do you guys know this is really jonathan vaughters?
I'd say by the overly glib and arrogant sense of humor. It's like a fingerprint.

But it'd be funny as hell if I weren't.
Old 02-04-13, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV1973 View Post
Digger, all I'm saying is that different people tell me different stuff on this. I don't know. I don't care! Perhaps you underestimate how much Allen ****ed me off leaving for RS in 2009. The guy who extolled clean racing to me and told me all the horrible stories about Discovery, which made it to IM via Frankie...that guy went and worked for the person he claimed to hate. It's all I can do to be objective here. believe me, it'd be much easier to just call the guy names, etc.

However, that just ain't cool.
Hey JV, you should have had a guest role on Portlandia like Johnny Maher..."eh, it's just a normal red bike." You could have been some sort of spiritual, long-lost brother for Fred Armison.
Old 02-04-13, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
That's as honest an answer I've seen from JV and I'm a JV1973 sceptic. It's the best that can be said until there's more direct statements from former athletes. Which, probably won't happen until athletes are covered by SOL.

http://www.gofundme.com/a4mlho

https://twitter.com/FitnessLawyer

This is a good time for her to tell her story.
Old 02-04-13, 17:08

Quote:
Yeah, who knows. Ive been blessed in this life, I'm not going to ***** about how I only cheated some, but other guys cheated more because of my natural blood levels. I mean, if I was born at 41%, do you think I would have said "No, Dr. DelMoral, only pop me up to 45%, thanks." Doubtful.

I'll just be happy and leave it at that.
Fair enough, just wanted to point out some cheating is less cheating than other.

Quote:
So, without knowing, I'd guess Koechli ran a clean team and won some races in the 80's. But it didn't last into the mid 90's. And he was gone. Sad
Legeay is gone, Guimard is gone, Boyer is gone. On the other hand there a numerous doping DS's like Ferretti also gone.

The most problematic is the doping docs that are still around, in the background. How can this sport survive while those mtf'ers will go of the hook time after time? Just look in Spain now.

vetooo ‏@ammattipyoraily
#Tour 1990, Luz Ardiden (13.30 km, 7.44 %, 989 m). Greg LeMond: 39 min 46 sec, 20.07 Kph, VAM 1492 m/h, ~5.40-5.50 W/kg.
Old 02-04-13, 17:14

Quote:
I'd say by the overly glib and arrogant sense of humor. It's like a fingerprint.

But it'd be funny as hell if I weren't.
how would I know what your fingerprint is. I've never met you.

still my question stands to others. how do we know? I hope it's a troll account that hilarious and typical marks as the clinic people are they all fall for it
Old 02-04-13, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
how would I know what your fingerprint is. I've never met you.
You fingerprint everyone you meet? Man, you'd freak out Chuck Norris. Actually, that's kinda cool.