Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-04-13, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
there's some difference between funny posts and inappropriate ones. That didn't make anyone laugh.
Deleted ofc.

To the others: No point in quoting such posts. It's useless for me to delete his when there are people who quoted it. I'll delete those too.
Is your mod job description looking after Ryo's san post?
Old 02-04-13, 16:37
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
Is your mod job description looking after Ryo's san post?
Nothing better to do
Old 02-04-13, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
there's some difference between funny posts and inappropriate ones. That didn't make anyone laugh.
Deleted ofc.

To the others: No point in quoting such posts. It's useless for me to delete his when there are people who quoted it. I'll delete those too.
I disagree. Watching Ryo display the most brash " I just dont give a ****" attitude is the height of comic relief for me. Glad to see he wasn't banned so i can get another laugh in for this month.

Also watching you realize that by applying for mod youve become Ryo's babysitter
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by Eshnar; 02-04-13 at 16:46.
Old 02-04-13, 16:47
Administrator

nah, that's only the 2nd post of him I deleted today.
Old 02-04-13, 16:50

****ing Oman takes too long...

This thread has been more about froome and deleting posts because of it
Old 02-04-13, 17:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEW8KuSwnLY
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Old 02-04-13, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Gifting Tiralongo the stage gave AC more satisfaction than taking the stage himself. Only in cycling do you see these great gestures
Old 02-04-13, 18:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
u hope to pin me man? you are pathetic at it and fail.
root for results if you like (what you successfully do). i cheer for other things.
1, I'm not trying to pin you.

2, I was sarcastically trying to point out that you didn't give any reason for Andy's win being "immeasurably more beautiful".

3, I think that there are a lot of similarities between the two raids. One could argue Contador risked more as Andy had his brother still in the main group and that Contador had tried on every previous MTF to drop his main opponent and the fact that one month ago he was still serving a quite controversial ban. On the other hand, you could argue that Schleck made his attack on a more heroic parcours against better competition in a more important race. A difference was that Andy was being accused of racing to passive and not taking every opportunity he got, whereas people might have been wishfully thinking Contador would try such a thing, considering aggressive racing style. As stage win I think they're equally great. The big difference however, is the fact that Contador won the Vuelta with his attack while Schlecks attacked ultimately proved out to be not enough.

4, I think every fan roots for results. It's part of the excitement. There are gonna be 198 riders starting on Corsica this year. Do you want to tell me that how the racing unfolds and who does well doesn't effect the pleasure watching the race for you at all? If so, why are you trying so hard to mock Contador
Old 02-05-13, 08:06
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rick
1, I'm not trying to pin you.
Anyway, your post had a message of superiority of final result.

Quote:
2, I was sarcastically trying to point out that you didn't give any reason for Andy's win being "immeasurably more beautiful".
Overly subjective questions don't demand detailed explanations. The Tour is a main metewand. That's it.

Quote:
One could argue Contador risked more as Andy had his brother still in the main group and that Contador had tried on every previous MTF to drop his main opponent and the fact that one month ago he was still serving a quite controversial ban.
Ban can not be a justification. Who is blame for ban? Contador himself. I don't understand what Frank has got to do with that. A rider is responsible for his result. Good team perfomance can brighten the situation in a way, but not a lot. Schleck risked his own chances entirely. Moreover, if he had been caught, he couldn't have been even in top-5 in Paris.

Last edited by airstream; 02-05-13 at 08:18.
Old 02-05-13, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post

by the way they all look so bored
You spend to long looking at that... Maybe someone should warn the kid *shakes head*...