Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5231  
Old 02-04-13, 16:32
Zam_Olyas's Avatar
Zam_Olyas Zam_Olyas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grosvenor Square. Novacaine.
Posts: 7,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
there's some difference between funny posts and inappropriate ones. That didn't make anyone laugh.
Deleted ofc.

To the others: No point in quoting such posts. It's useless for me to delete his when there are people who quoted it. I'll delete those too.
Is your mod job description looking after Ryo's san post?
Reply With Quote
  #5232  
Old 02-04-13, 16:37
Eshnar's Avatar
Eshnar Eshnar is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Posts: 5,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
Is your mod job description looking after Ryo's san post?
Nothing better to do
__________________
Quote:
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.
Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012
Reply With Quote
  #5233  
Old 02-04-13, 16:37
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 21,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshnar View Post
there's some difference between funny posts and inappropriate ones. That didn't make anyone laugh.
Deleted ofc.

To the others: No point in quoting such posts. It's useless for me to delete his when there are people who quoted it. I'll delete those too.
I disagree. Watching Ryo display the most brash " I just dont give a ****" attitude is the height of comic relief for me. Glad to see he wasn't banned so i can get another laugh in for this month.

Also watching you realize that by applying for mod youve become Ryo's babysitter
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by Eshnar; 02-04-13 at 16:46.
Reply With Quote
  #5234  
Old 02-04-13, 16:47
Eshnar's Avatar
Eshnar Eshnar is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Posts: 5,368
Default

nah, that's only the 2nd post of him I deleted today.
__________________
Quote:
A race that doesn't give an attacker the chance to finish it off alone is not a race anymore.
Bronze Medal at the Great Grand Tour Game 2012
Reply With Quote
  #5235  
Old 02-04-13, 16:50
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,982
Default

****ing Oman takes too long...

This thread has been more about froome and deleting posts because of it
Reply With Quote
  #5236  
Old 02-04-13, 17:15
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 13,845
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEW8KuSwnLY
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Reply With Quote
  #5237  
Old 02-04-13, 17:59
Contadoraus Schlecks's Avatar
Contadoraus Schlecks Contadoraus Schlecks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Gifting Tiralongo the stage gave AC more satisfaction than taking the stage himself. Only in cycling do you see these great gestures
Reply With Quote
  #5238  
Old 02-04-13, 18:50
Red Rick's Avatar
Red Rick Red Rick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
u hope to pin me man? you are pathetic at it and fail.
root for results if you like (what you successfully do). i cheer for other things.
1, I'm not trying to pin you.

2, I was sarcastically trying to point out that you didn't give any reason for Andy's win being "immeasurably more beautiful".

3, I think that there are a lot of similarities between the two raids. One could argue Contador risked more as Andy had his brother still in the main group and that Contador had tried on every previous MTF to drop his main opponent and the fact that one month ago he was still serving a quite controversial ban. On the other hand, you could argue that Schleck made his attack on a more heroic parcours against better competition in a more important race. A difference was that Andy was being accused of racing to passive and not taking every opportunity he got, whereas people might have been wishfully thinking Contador would try such a thing, considering aggressive racing style. As stage win I think they're equally great. The big difference however, is the fact that Contador won the Vuelta with his attack while Schlecks attacked ultimately proved out to be not enough.

4, I think every fan roots for results. It's part of the excitement. There are gonna be 198 riders starting on Corsica this year. Do you want to tell me that how the racing unfolds and who does well doesn't effect the pleasure watching the race for you at all? If so, why are you trying so hard to mock Contador
Reply With Quote
  #5239  
Old 02-05-13, 08:06
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rick
1, I'm not trying to pin you.
Anyway, your post had a message of superiority of final result.

Quote:
2, I was sarcastically trying to point out that you didn't give any reason for Andy's win being "immeasurably more beautiful".
Overly subjective questions don't demand detailed explanations. The Tour is a main metewand. That's it.

Quote:
One could argue Contador risked more as Andy had his brother still in the main group and that Contador had tried on every previous MTF to drop his main opponent and the fact that one month ago he was still serving a quite controversial ban.
Ban can not be a justification. Who is blame for ban? Contador himself. I don't understand what Frank has got to do with that. A rider is responsible for his result. Good team perfomance can brighten the situation in a way, but not a lot. Schleck risked his own chances entirely. Moreover, if he had been caught, he couldn't have been even in top-5 in Paris.

Last edited by airstream; 02-05-13 at 08:18.
Reply With Quote
  #5240  
Old 02-05-13, 08:39
T-Nielsen's Avatar
T-Nielsen T-Nielsen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post


by the way they all look so bored
You spend to long looking at that... Maybe someone should warn the kid *shakes head*...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.