U.S. Politics - Page 689 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 02-04-13, 02:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMMT View Post
And there we have it as you prove his point living in a bubble that nothing is wrong, demographics against the GOP and you move further right. If you hadnt noticed not 1 banker has been prosecuted, want to explain to me if Obama is "liberal" how that he is happy to bail the banks out but not homeowners but GWB was?

As for the totally economic garbage and propaganda (yes propaganda) from the cato institute (hmmm wonder who bank rolls them eh...give you a clue starts with K and ends in H) so many things wrong with it, it doesnt understand national debt, it confuses a currency issuers with currency users (that is Portugal with the Euro) Then uses examples like Germany who are apparently growing...seen the latest GDP figures? uses the Baltic states...have you seen how hard they crashed and of course it overlooks the fact that Latvia 10% of its population emigrated.

Now a note on GDP, government spending is part of GDP so if you cut government spending by definition growth will go down its simple maths
GDP = C + I + G + (X M)
Where C = consumption, I = investment, G = government spending, X = exports & M = imports

It says and i quote "Only productive private investment will spark economic revival." Really and how is that going to happen, Companies are sitting on record cash piles but not investing... couldnt possibly have anything to do with demand could it? why on earth would a company invest when noone is buying?
Honestly my 5 year old boy knows more about economics than Bandow.

You want to throw yourself off a cliff like a lemming go right ahead but the problem is you take everyone with you.
Quote:
And there we have it as you prove his point living in a bubble that nothing is wrong,
Living in a bubble is an interesting term. Your side is in control. Our system is FUBAR. Bubble? Your bubble is catastrophe, slick.

Quote:
not 1 banker has been prosecuted
Who is runnin' the DOJ nowadays? Mozilo was what.... Chump change? If you are gonna run your mouth here you better bring it. Okay with you?

Quote:
Obama is "liberal" how that he is happy to bail the banks out but not homeowners but GWB was?
Please. Bush was corrupt as is Obama. If you tell me this surprises you it will be the last time I respond to you.

Quote:
As for the totally economic garbage and propaganda (yes propaganda) from the cato institute (hmmm wonder who bank rolls them eh...give you a clue starts with K and ends in H)
Okay. If you wish to be taken seriously this is not the way to get to your happy place. Cato is fine as a source as is Dailykos. We ok with that?

Quote:
It says and i quote "Only productive private investment will spark economic revival." Really and how is that going to happen, Companies are sitting on record cash piles but not investing... couldnt possibly have anything to do with demand could it?
Have you no concept of what public 'investment' is? Tell me, pretty please, what is the source of public investment? Hmmmmmm, I can't begin to imagine why companies are sitting on tons of money... Unwilling to risk it? Why on earth to you suppose that might be? Ever run a business? Didn't think so.

Quote:
Honestly my 5 year old boy knows more about economics
Than you do.
Old 02-04-13, 03:04

Quote:
Living in a bubble is an interesting term. Your side is in control. Our system is FUBAR. Bubble? Your bubble is catastrophe, slick.
Football game must be over, back to red team vs. blue team.
Old 02-04-13, 03:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroActive View Post
Football game must be over, back to red team vs. blue team.
Game is still on. Victor is in doubt. Obama still in the Oval Office.
Old 02-04-13, 08:34

That is a bubble of right wing think...did you not read the article?

"ho is runnin' the DOJ nowadays? Mozilo was what.... Chump change? If you are gonna run your mouth here you better bring it. Okay with you?"

Which has what to do with it? you think the DOJ would not be taking orders?

"Pease. Bush was corrupt as is Obama. If you tell me this surprises you it will be the last time I respond to you."

Again did you not read the article? of course Bush was that was the trigger for Bartlett

"Okay. If you wish to be taken seriously this is not the way to get to your happy place. Cato is fine as a source as is Dailykos. We ok with that?"

Did I link to Dailykos? no it was an article from American conservative

Have you no concept of what public 'investment' is? Tell me, pretty please, what is the source of public investment? Hmmmmmm, I can't begin to imagine why companies are sitting on tons of money... Unwilling to risk it? Why on earth to you suppose that might be? Ever run a business? Didn't think so.

"than you do"
really going to use that reply...what next my dad is bigger than yours.
Old 02-04-13, 08:39

"ho is runnin' the DOJ nowadays? Mozilo was what.... Chump change? If you are gonna run your mouth here you better bring it. Okay with you?"

"Pease. Bush was corrupt as is Obama. If you tell me this surprises you it will be the last time I respond to you."

Again did you not read the article? of course Bush was that was the trigger for Bartlett

"Okay. If you wish to be taken seriously this is not the way to get to your happy place. Cato is fine as a source as is Dailykos. We ok with that?"

"Have you no concept of what public 'investment' is? Tell me, pretty please, what is the source of public investment? Hmmmmmm, I can't begin to imagine why companies are sitting on tons of money... Unwilling to risk it? Why on earth to you suppose that might be? Ever run a business? Didn't think so."

So you agree with me no demand, thank you,

"than you do"
Old 02-04-13, 14:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMMT View Post

"than you do"

Quote:
I read it. Bartlett has been discussed here before. One **** sore guy, one opinion. So what? There are other examples. Artur Davis comes to mind.

Quote:
you think the DOJ would not be taking orders?
They took orders. Do a little research and get back to me.

Quote:
Yep. Lots of conservatives were dismayed by Medicare D. But most saw Bush for what he was. Bartlett on the other hand found himself in lockstep with Paul Krugman. Bartlett was never a conservative, he was just confused. Again, so what? One does not go from being a Reaganite to fully embracing Keynes. Bartlett either fooled himself then or he's fooling himself now. Which is it? No one knows least of all Bartlett.

Quote:
I'll link from where I like, including Cato. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Quote:
Don't bring your five-year-old into the conversation unless you wish for a childish response.

Last edited by Scott SoCal; 02-04-13 at 14:47.
Old 02-04-13, 21:31

Uh oh.

Quote:
Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warming

Ok. Wait a minute. You mean to tell me.... The sun........ warms the earth?

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...ole-in-global/
Old 02-04-13, 21:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Uh oh.

Ok. Wait a minute. You mean to tell me.... The sun........ warms the earth?

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...ole-in-global/
Keep trying.

Quote:
"You could go and read those paragraphs yourself and the summary of it and see that we conclude exactly the opposite, that this cosmic ray effect that the paragraph is discussing appears to be negligible … It's a pretty severe case of [cherry-picking], because even the sentence doesn't say what [climate sceptics] say and certainly if you look at the context, we're really saying the opposite." http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...-leaked-online
Not the first time deniers don't actually understand what they're talking about but glom onto something that they think supports their view and won't be the last time, either. Saw the exact same scenario play out with the British Met Office just recently, actually.

But hey, why don't you actually read the IPCC report itself when it comes out and come to your own conclusions? Completely available online.
Old 02-04-13, 22:42

Still a few more to go.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...3.html?hp=t2_3
Old 02-05-13, 05:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloCity View Post
Keep trying.

Not the first time deniers don't actually understand what they're talking about but glom onto something that they think supports their view and won't be the last time, either. Saw the exact same scenario play out with the British Met Office just recently, actually.

But hey, why don't you actually read the IPCC report itself when it comes out and come to your own conclusions? Completely available online.
There is your strategy, Velo.

Quote:
Global Warming Can Be Slowed By Working Less
Mud huts anyone?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...y-working-less