Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-04-13, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
They are certainly the juicy bits.
Question:
I can't remember, but did we here about these at the time, or just today?
Palfreeman is a name I have never seen. And whilst I might forget your name if I meet you, I remember patterns well, and Palfreeman is a pattern that has not appeared on my radar. And I have done some research.

I don't remember the M Barry restriction being mention previously, either.
Old 02-04-13, 20:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
Wait..You are saying he is not the messiah?
There are sure going to be some posters here who are going to be upset to hear that.
Not as disappointed as though who find out Wiggins isn't cycling's second coming or maybe he is but not in the way they hoped.
Old 02-04-13, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
Palfreeman is a name I have never seen. And whilst I might forget your name if I meet you, I remember patterns well, and Palfreeman is a pattern that has not appeared on my radar. And I have done some research.

Roger Palfreeman is indeed a pattern Dear Wiggo, can you read a little Dutch? If yes I will PM you.

If not:
http://www.podiumcafe.com/2010/8/18/...e-inside-story

vetooo ‏@ammattipyoraily
#Tour 1990, Luz Ardiden (13.30 km, 7.44 %, 989 m). Greg LeMond: 39 min 46 sec, 20.07 Kph, VAM 1492 m/h, ~5.40-5.50 W/kg.
Old 02-04-13, 21:08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Ah, the great investigative journalist who can't even get Palfreeman's number off the internet:

Claremont Hospital, 0114 263 0330. Google. 30 seconds.

Maybe he likes asking the questions, but not getting the answers makes for a better story. Man changes jobs isn't much of a story after all.
It seems Kimmage got his story about Palfreeman......

Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage
July 3 2010: The journalist files a story about Barry, Palfreeman and Brailsford's surprise about-turn for the ST. It isn't published.

Man changes job is not much of a story, but when man changes job just 3 months in to new job (March 2010) and ends up being replaced by an experienced doping Doctor, then you do have a story.
Old 02-04-13, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
lol. good post though
see above post.
Old 02-04-13, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
see above post.
Again: Paul Kimmage is just a bitter old sod who rode at a mediocre team called RMO, untalented and not a good journo who wrote a doctors novel called rough ride.

The SKY are falling down.

vetooo ‏@ammattipyoraily
#Tour 1990, Luz Ardiden (13.30 km, 7.44 %, 989 m). Greg LeMond: 39 min 46 sec, 20.07 Kph, VAM 1492 m/h, ~5.40-5.50 W/kg.
Old 02-04-13, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post

July 3 2010: The journalist files a story about Barry, Palfreeman and Brailsford's surprise about-turn for the ST. It isn't published.

Man changes job is not much of a story, but when man changes job just 3 months in to new job (March 2010) and ends up being replaced by an experienced doping Doctor, then you do have a story.
A story I would have thought someone would have been interested in publishing if PK had info available. Would there have been a restriction on PK offering such a story to another publication at the time? Would there have been restrictions on him as an employee of the Times perhaps? I would have thought there would have been a way to get something out there at the time regarding any dodgy goings on at Sky/BC but I'm no an expert on this type of thing. Would love to know what he found out, if anything.
Old 02-04-13, 21:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post

The problem is he never actually had that job in the first place. He was the BC doctor, not Sky's. Palfreeman was just a consultant who looked at the blood profiles of prospective riders (he also works for UKAD). He was also hired to set up an internal testing programme, but they were told that his plan would be ridiculously expensive to implement and that they would be better off submitting to extra testing in conjuction with UCI & WADA - which they did.
So he wasn't needed any more and once the track season ended he left BC to take up a consultancy role at a private hospital.
Old 02-04-13, 21:45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
The problem is he never actually had that job in the first place. He was the BC doctor, not Sky's. Palfreeman was just a consultant who looked at the blood profiles of prospective riders (he also works for UKAD). He was also hired to set up an internal testing programme, but they were told that his plan would be ridiculously expensive to implement and that they would be better off submitting to extra testing in conjuction with UCI & WADA - which they did.
So he wasn't needed any more and once the track season ended he left BC to take up a consultancy role at a private hospital.
Am, I think you will find Sky did want a Doctor.
Old 02-04-13, 21:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post

Thanks for the reply. No, I didn't think I heard any of it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
Roger Palfreeman is indeed a pattern Dear Wiggo, can you read a little Dutch? If yes I will PM you.

If not:
http://www.podiumcafe.com/2010/8/18/...e-inside-story
So, either way you cut it, the pattern is that Sky doesn't check on their doctors, before they employ them.

Last edited by Mellow Velo; 02-04-13 at 21:49.