Weight loss? Whats better cycling or running? - Page 6 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Form & Fitness > General

Old 12-24-12, 19:09

IME LSD = more hunger binges for me while HIIT leaves me feeling energized and empowered and I have less desire to eat. YMMV.

Power Meters like Powercranks don't improve performance one bit. But at least with a Power Meter you can see yourself not improving because of it
Old 01-01-13, 02:58

Location: byron bay, NYC, Bangkok, Radelaide, Sydney, Sunshine Coast.

One should be able to eat all one cares for and stay slim all year long. If you bulge out longterm, you are simply eating the wrong things.

No animal in nature has to calorie restrict to stay slim. Never seen a fat wild deer or shark. Nor fruit bat.

I stay slim no matter what training Im doing as I always eat the same healthy tasty meals that are high in carbs, low in fat, protein and sodium. Its not genetic as my oldest brother is 30kg of excess more than myself and my Mum has bigger arms than my quads.

Strava data
http://app.strava.com/athletes/254600
Old 01-01-13, 13:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by durianrider View Post
One should be able to eat all one cares for and stay slim all year long. If you bulge out longterm, you are simply eating the wrong things.

No animal in nature has to calorie restrict to stay slim. Never seen a fat wild deer or shark. Nor fruit bat.

I stay slim no matter what training Im doing as I always eat the same healthy tasty meals that are high in carbs, low in fat, protein and sodium. Its not genetic as my oldest brother is 30kg of excess more than myself and my Mum has bigger arms than my quads.
DR, you should just stick to self-promotion and stop pretending that you know anything about anything scientific such as genetics and nutrition. You truly have no idea, do you? Your weight can't be genetics because your brother and mother are overweight? Don't make me laugh!
Old 02-05-13, 01:57

Location: byron bay, NYC, Bangkok, Radelaide, Sydney, Sunshine Coast.

Check out my latest vid where I punk Ashton Kutcher elapid and tell me carbs make you fat. Look at my Strava data for 2012 and tell me I train heaps. Yeah I have more stamina than 99.9% of the population on my 'deficient' vegan diet but the reason Im 3% body fat IS diet. Longterm efforts yield the results either good or bad.

Not sure what you find hard to believe man. Hot dogs aint healthy and cholesterol DOES contribute to heart disease. Endotoxin loads found in all animal products DO contribute to cancer rates.

Read the China Study some day man. Oh wait, you're gonna tell me some 19 year old blogger debunked the worlds LARGEST nutritional study EVER done on humans?

Strava data
http://app.strava.com/athletes/254600
Old 02-05-13, 17:41

FWIW .....My diet is fruit and greens also .... but I take no stock in any "nutrional study" . Every study "proves" only itself . So .. what's the point ? ahahaha. The point is .... they exist as an expression of the passion for life. They are not meant to say "this IS THE way" ... they express the passion of that particular way.

I love eatng fruit .... and while I could give all sorts of reasons why ... they speak of the passion of I. Not for anyone else's . Every way appears to work for everyone !

Life is pure passion. Some have a passion for "being sick" . Others a passion for "being healthy". The constant is the passion that underlies everything ... every motive ... every reason ... every act. Thers will be a passion for replying to this reply .... a passion for calling it whatever ! And it's all great passion ! SO what !!!! I celebrate THIS !! THIS !!

If one's passion is to try to change themsevles or another ... so be it ! If it's one's passion to criticize .. so be it ! You simply cannot escape the wisdom of the passion that all exists of

You know it DR .... the passion of the haters .... the passion of the lovers ... lol .. You know it's all good !!! All passion !!

Last edited by lostintime; 02-05-13 at 17:43.
Old 02-05-13, 19:42

Quote:
Check out my latest vid where I punk Ashton Kutcher elapid and tell me carbs make you fat. Look at my Strava data for 2012 and tell me I train heaps. Yeah I have more stamina than 99.9% of the population on my 'deficient' vegan diet but the reason Im 3% body fat IS diet. Longterm efforts yield the results either good or bad.

Not sure what you find hard to believe man. Hot dogs aint healthy and cholesterol DOES contribute to heart disease. Endotoxin loads found in all animal products DO contribute to cancer rates.

Read the China Study some day man. Oh wait, you're gonna tell me some 19 year old blogger debunked the worlds LARGEST nutritional study EVER done on humans?
DR - You are the one who uses bloggers and anecdotes such as yourself to try and prove your point, not me. That's always been my point. You keep on touting yourself as an example of all vegans when you are not. You can shout as much as you like about cholesterol and heart disease and animal products and cancer, but the vast majority of published papers will prove you wrong. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you should stick to self-advertising and -publicizing because you do not seem to know much about scientific methods and you certainly cannot use them to support your point of view. If you want to argue about it, then try an argument that doesn't mention you or your family, doesn't mention how fat or skinny the authors of those studies are, and in fact doesn't include one anecdote or what some blogger says. If you can do this, I'll come to the party again, but if you continue your narcissistic comparisons and irrelevant anecdotes then I'm just going to let you stew in your own ignorance.

P.S. I am not criticizing vegan diets. I am not criticizing vegans. I am not criticizing you for being a vegan. Veganism is a lifestyle and a personal choice. I've never said vegan diets were deficient. I've also said you obviously do well on a vegan diet. So don't try and say I've said it was wrong for you and anyone else. Unlike you, I have greater tolerance for the personal choices of others and don't berate them for those choices, whereas you do.

Last edited by elapid; 02-05-13 at 19:46.
Old 02-20-13, 21:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachFergie View Post
IME LSD = more hunger binges for me while HIIT leaves me feeling energized and empowered and I have less desire to eat. YMMV.
Yeah - me too.
Old 02-21-13, 06:10

Hello,

Weight is a big issue for many people, especially those trying to lose it. Both are good for weight loss, but the most important thing is to get your heart rate to 80 percent of it's max for about 30 minutes at a time. If you don't want to gain that much muscle, it would probably be better to run because cycling will really build your leg muscles. If you run, you're also moving your arms so you will also give them a little tone. You want to ride for a minimum of one hour. On your ride whether 10 or 40 miles, you want to ride with a minimum cadence of 70+ rpm with moderate pedal pressure. This is called spinning. It is both the proper way to pedal, but, it also assures sufficient exertion to maziimize your calorie burn. hope this will be helpful for you.

Thanks,
Henry

Russia education
Old 03-21-13, 06:16

Hey Helas,

Nice to meet you. I visited your website. It is very informative and very helpful. I really appreciate your website and it's content. I would also like you to visit my site and give valuable suggestions about my website.

Best Regards,
Fenald

BRICS
Old 03-21-13, 13:47

Quote:

OMG!! Are you actually citing The China Study?! OH MY FAKRIN GOD!! LMFAO!

I thought all copies of that sh1t would've been burnt by now, because it's been proven that half of it is fiction and the other half is propaganda. Talk about a collection of dodgy conclusions based on loose correlations and 'casual observations'. It's not even a 'study', it's an epidemiological survey.

If you don't wanna listen to Denise Minger, the "young blogger", then check out this other stuff (it's not really for you, because you're blind to any common sense; it's for others who might be doubting reality):

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/China-Study.html

http://www.foodrenegade.com/the-chin...y-discredited/

http://drlwilson.com/Articles/CHINA%...K%20REVIEW.htm

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/China-Study.html

And on meat and saturated fat:

"The Journal of the American Medical Association reviewed 147 studies on the impact of diet on health. They found zero correlation between meat consumption and cardiovascular disease." Jee, only the AMA, and only 147 studies!
"Researchers in Britain have found that people have eaten the same amount of animal fat since 1910, yet heart attacks have increased 1000% in that time. A similar increase in heart attacks has also occurred in the U.S., even though meat consumption has decreased"
"....in The Nurses’ Health Study, the group of women who ate the most protein were 25% less likely to have had a heart attack or to have died of heart disease
Er....um..... exactly

http://thesmarterscienceofslim.com/h...rotein-part-2/

And who the fark ever recommended eating hot dogs?

Last edited by Captain Serious; 03-21-13 at 17:37.