The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game - Page 95 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 02-05-13, 08:07

Have to say I agree (not that KBK is the best 1.1 though )

Did anyone know Hepburn was riding track this year? He did the Nationals and has now been selected for the Worlds.

I didn't pick him but that ought to be disappointing to those who did.
Old 02-05-13, 08:22

Yea disappointing indeed
Old 02-05-13, 08:35

No Howard today but sif Matthews can survive the mighty Puig Major.

Chernetskiy my only hope
Old 02-05-13, 09:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Have to say I agree (not that KBK is the best 1.1 though )

Did anyone know Hepburn was riding track this year? He did the Nationals and has now been selected for the Worlds.

I picked him because i read that he was focussing on the road this year.
Then he did'nt ride the tt nationals and are instead focusing on track worlds. Starting to get woried. Hope it just means a late start to the road season, track season ends in late february.

So i am diasapointed but still think he can get around 200-300 points in small races with an timetrial. But truly expected him to already be into profit after the austalian timetrial championship.

How many cq points does he get for a 4 km pursuit world gold medal?

But i actualy understand his decision to take on a last worldchampionship on the track and defend i WC title in pursuit. He is still young and have plenty of time to ride the road race calendar.

But still not good for his cq point tally.
Old 02-05-13, 09:37

Combining track and road can be done for sure. Just look at Viviani's 2011 season. He rode the track World Championship in March, the track European U23 Championship in July, the track National Championship in September and the track European Championship in November, yet he still scored 532 CQ points.

That said, Viviani was Liquigas' main sprinter which can't be said for Hepburn. However, Hepburn has two advantages going for him that Viviani hadn't: 1) he's a way better ITT'er and 2) the track World Championship has been moved to February which gives him a full month more to focus on the road.
Old 02-05-13, 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post

I think most teams have too many very cheap riders, anyway. If I could do it all over again I'd drop most of those and some relatively expensive ones in favor of a team with much less variability in terms of rider value.
Old 02-05-13, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
I think most teams have too many very cheap riders, anyway. If I could do it all over again I'd drop most of those and some relatively expensive ones in favor of a team with much less variability in terms of rider value.
Hmm, Andy and Coquard are the only selections under 50 I really like. Best value seems to be closer to the 100-150 mark. Unfortunately there were too many around 300-500 that I just wasn't willing to make a hard sacrifice on.
Old 02-05-13, 15:37

Anyone that picked Ben Swift might have interesting year with him. With finally full focus on road instead of track, back from injury he might be a very nice pick. Especially seeing that he did improve his climbing, and could challenge on stages where most sprinters falter long ago. As well as with Cav gone, he's Sky 2nd sprinter after EBH so should get plenty of chances as well.

Last edited by Gloin22; 02-05-13 at 16:38.
Old 02-05-13, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
Anyone that picked Ben Swift might have interesting year with him. With finally full focus on track, back from injury he might be a very nice pick. Especially seeing that he did improve his climbing, and could challenge on stages where most sprinters falter long ago. As well as with Cav gone, he's Sky 2nd sprinter after EBH so should get plenty of chances as well.
Yeah, I considered picking him, but in the end didn't. Looking at his results last season he just didn't seem that quick. But I guess he might turn out to be a good pick; we'll see.
Old 02-05-13, 16:29

No Rafal Majka in Tour de Med

ROUX Anthony
PINOT Thibaut
TAARAMÄE Rein
HUSHOVD Thor
SCHLECK Andy
BOBRIDGE Jack
LÖFKVIST Thomas
CHAVES RUBIO Johan Esteban

for me then

Anyway still 4 guys who could get a good result in GC but still a shame