Playing God: Eufemiano Fuentes - Page 22 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-06-13, 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descender View Post
What is the point of cheering for a farce? I'd rather be anonymous than a lie.
Me too, on my own.

But as a part of a big gang?
Who all need something to believe in??
Remember how South Africa came together when they won Rugby WC?
(Even though the opposition had been knobbled)

I don't think its always easy
Old 02-06-13, 23:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
Well it looks like FCC Prez David Lappartient agrees with me, "this is a farce" referring to OP. Goes off on how football and tennis players have been protected by being left off even though Fuentes has agreed to list all the names, which was also declined by the judge. Also, goes off on how someone high up is pulling the strings on how cyclist are the only athletes in on this case.
Well, it looks like Mr Lappartient can't read, hasn't got a clue on what the case is about and has wrong expectations. It's not abut athletes breaking the rules of their game, it's about doctors breaking the rules of their job. Patient's names are not relevant for this case which, unfortunately, it's the only case possible with the law as it was at the time it all happened.

Going on with the trial, sports news site Marca had yesterday an article on the testimony of two technical experts on medicines and hematology with some interesting facts:

Freezing blood safely requires equipment only available to hospitals according to the former head of the centre of blood transfussions in Valencia.

Fuentes' partner Dr Merino, who was an hematologist at a hospital in Madrid, asked a colleague from another hospital to deliver glycerol (for freezing blood cells) not to the hospital he was working in but to another address (allegedly his private office)

http://www.marca.com/2013/02/05/cicl...360061659.html
Old 02-06-13, 23:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by icefire View Post
Well, it looks like Mr Lappartient can't read, hasn't got a clue on what the case is about and has wrong expectations. It's not abut athletes breaking the rules of their game, it's about doctors breaking the rules of their job. Patient's names are not relevant for this case which, unfortunately, it's the only case possible with the law as it was at the time it all happened.

Going on with the trial, sports news site Marca had yesterday an article on the testimony of two technical experts on medicines and hematology with some interesting facts:

Freezing blood safely requires equipment only available to hospitals according to the former head of the centre of blood transfussions in Valencia.

Fuentes' partner Dr Merino, who was an hematologist at a hospital in Madrid, asked a colleague from another hospital to deliver glycerol (for freezing blood cells) not to the hospital he was working in but to another address (allegedly his private office)

http://www.marca.com/2013/02/05/cicl...360061659.html
So how are they going to determine if people's health was put on the line? Asking the peritos?

They need to question the clients not just those being put on trial for breaking the health laws. They may not have to be named but they definitely need to be questioned to determine what happened.
Old 02-09-13, 00:40

Old 02-09-13, 00:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Impossible, he is sprinter.
Old 02-09-13, 01:15

Well, now Javier Guillén, Vuelta a España director has joined Christian Prudhomme (Tour de France director) in wanting all names named to get this over with now.

Don't really blame them, if the names are all listed now it gets all the bans done now instead of the trickle we have going on now.

Yes, now Cipo falls, well as long as they all fall it will be fair but this trickle of names goes on for years its gets pretty pathetic more can it get more pathetic?

Once again, T&R not coming soon enough for some, but maybe this is the Omerta biting back to prove a point, or two, most likely many more.
Old 02-09-13, 01:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
Well, now Javier Guillén, Vuelta a España director has joined Christian Prudhomme (Tour de France director) in wanting all names named to get this over with now.

Don't really blame them, if the names are all listed now it gets all the bans done now instead of the trickle we have going on now.

Yes, now Cipo falls, well as long as they all fall it will be fair but this trickle of names goes on for years its gets pretty pathetic more can it get more pathetic?

Once again, T&R not coming soon enough for some, but maybe this is the Omerta biting back to prove a point, or two, most likely many more.
Forget T&R. Only clowns bothers with that now. The ball seems to be rolling by its own at this point
Old 02-09-13, 01:33
Banned

I have no Italian. Cipollini is being accused of being a Fuentes client? Or is it stronger than accused?
Old 02-09-13, 01:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Elephant Man View Post
I have no Italian. Cipollini is being accused of being a Fuentes client? Or is it stronger than accused?
With a little google translate help we find that it says' Here are the cards that accuse Cipollini', with a little pic of the notepaper listing the PEDs. It then says it exclusively reveals what Spanish doctor Fuentes prescribed the cyclist in his 'magical' 2002 : EPO, blood doping and hormones.
Old 02-09-13, 02:01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by racyrichuk View Post
With a little google translate help we find that it says' Here are the cards that accuse Cipollini', with a little pic of the notepaper listing the PEDs. It then says it exclusively reveals what Spanish doctor Fuentes prescribed the cyclist in his 'magical' 2002 : EPO, blood doping and hormones.
Thank you sir, most helpful.