Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread - Page 16 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 02-04-13, 08:49

Bring back joachim ...i am back and i want to have some fun
Old 02-06-13, 06:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
Bring back joachim ...i am back and i want to have some fun

Check out the Armstrong Criminal Investigation thread. Man, it is going to be fun to watch a nasty cat tear apart a golf course troll.

edit - forget about it - bpc - aka FairWay... took a whole 47 minutes to get banned.

Last edited by Random Direction; 02-06-13 at 07:02.
Old 02-08-13, 00:55

Continuing a trend I established earlier, thank you to Berzin for 'moderating' a discussion.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpos...&postcount=163

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 02-08-13, 01:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Queued View Post
Continuing a trend I established earlier, thank you to Berzin for 'moderating' a discussion.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpos...&postcount=163

Dave.
I'm really depreciating the fact that the mod's don't also ban the forum-ites who feed them better than a soup kitchen during Thanksgiving. Really people, if you fall for it every single time you also deserve a ban.
Old 02-08-13, 02:22

Now we have a moderator who warns a member who deviates from that which is "universally accepted as the truth."

It will be interesting to see how Berzin enforces his "universal truth" rule. Is that where this forum is going?

Last edited by MarkvW; 02-08-13 at 02:33.
Old 02-08-13, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
Now we have a moderator who warns a member who deviates from that which is "universally accepted as the truth."

It will be interesting to see how Berzin enforces his "universal truth" rule. Is that where this forum is going?
Since I'm not a Clinic 'insider' I really have no idea what your agenda in this is, but I find your latest attempt at trying to create some kind of issue where none exists, somewhat more than questionable.

Yes, it is widely accepted "as the truth" that Betsy Andreu was a victim of LA's, and that her integrity and credibility are beyond reproach. What's your problem?
Old 02-09-13, 03:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Since I'm not a Clinic 'insider' I really have no idea what your agenda in this is, but I find your latest attempt at trying to create some kind of issue where none exists, somewhat more than questionable.

Yes, it is widely accepted "as the truth" that Betsy Andreu was a victim of LA's, and that her integrity and credibility are beyond reproach. What's your problem?
My problem arises when moderators purport to moderate the "truth."

I couldn't care less about Betsy or Frankie, or the poster who used a false argument to insult them. My problem arises when the moderators start editing posts based on truth and falsehood.
Old 02-09-13, 03:14
Banned

Quote:
My problem arises when moderators purport to moderate the "truth."

I couldn't care less about Betsy or Frankie, or the poster who used a false argument to insult them. My problem arises when the moderators start editing posts based on truth and falsehood.
Why?

Surely if someone has been corrected yet persists to ignore it then it just plain trolling.
Old 02-09-13, 03:49

Quote:

MarkvW - If we have a mod who is trying to enforce a version of "truth", I will have to agree with you! But, I can not see that this this is an accurate portrayal of this situation. Berzin's statement that this is broadly accepted as true is not even particularly pertinent. He is trying, and this IS the job of a mod, to stop a thread degnerating into a logic-free flame war. Aleajactaest has not been muzzled, yet. Aleajactaest posted his/her views, and they are known. They contributed to a discussion. That "discussion" had deteriorated, and repeatedly posting the same arguments and POV was not, in Berzin's opinion, productive.

That does not constitute enforcing a universal truth.
Old 02-09-13, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero2 View Post
... Berzin's statement that this is broadly accepted as true is not even particularly pertinent...

That does not constitute enforcing a universal truth.
Then why say it? I think (as a mod) it would better to use the more succinct Germanic Susan Westemeyer command of "Stay on topic!" than to use anything that might be construed as "enforcing a universal truth".