Andy Schleck Discussion thread. - Page 314 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-10-13, 00:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
My sympathy for the Schleck isn't lesser because of his current condition. On contrary.
All the mocking on this forum and, as we can see, in the peloton contributes to my likes. If everybody who dislike him have the need to mock him, that just shows how inferior they are and that there must be something special in Andy what's out of reach for everybody else, so they're hopelessly jealous and the bullying is the only way they can deal with their misery.
Comparison with Ullrich is spot on, I think. Huge talent and disheveled character. And that's why Ullrich was adored, but Andy somehow isn't. Armstrong factor shouldn't be neglected too, but there's equally dirty alternative now as well. Probably fans are tired of cheering for the bridesmaid, so they've chosen the bride this time.
The difference between Andy and Jan is that Jan took his losses and made his mistakes minus the whining and excuse making. Even the criticism he neverendingly received by the media about his weight and fitness he always took the highroad with nary a cross word. I think the jokes about his weight took on a life of their own regardless of how fit he looked or actually was at the time.

As far as the ribbing of Andy by the peloton, as far as I know he's well liked among his peers and maybe it was good natured and the supposed fit that he had was the author using his artistic license to spice up his story.

Last edited by Angliru; 02-10-13 at 00:26. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 02-10-13, 00:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Very evil toxic thread. I sincerely hope this unmotivated agression will help its mediums to succeed in life. Thats it.
There is a certain give in take that you are a willing participant when it comes to toxic posts focused on Contador. What makes this any different from what vile statements you post?
Old 02-10-13, 00:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Omg
Well you do now have that life-sized photo that was posted earlier.
Old 02-10-13, 00:39

Andy has brought all of this on himself. He's said lots of BS in interviews throughout the years (ask Sastre).
Old 02-10-13, 04:24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruppeto993 View Post
i dont think we'll ever see him as he was before 2012. His brother is banned, he has no motivation, is too arrogant and spoilt, and is earning twice as much as other riders who are working their butts off for themselves or their team. And andy is extremely selfish too. I mean can't he bring himself to help his team mates and those who have helped him during the tour and classics?!! I mean look at monfort today, this guy helped andy during the galibier stage and now when he might need andy's help in the tour med, the selfish idiot has quit the race. Seriously! If you have no motivation to win a race at least pay back those who helped you. Go help Voigt win one last race before he retires or go help cancellara at a bid in one of the hilly classics which he hasnt won like Amstel.
if i were him I would go see a psychiatrist and stop wasting my team's money, time and effort.
You might have right about selfishness and collegiality. Although in cycling a single rider stands on the podium, there's the whole team behind him. And Leopard is created primarily because of Andy. So he should be a bit more responsible and less egocentric. But maybe his current condition prevents him to be. He was very enthusiastic in Australia last month. Frank's suspension did happen in the meantime, but I think there's more than that.

He should speak with Jensie. Not about repaying services, but about cycling, career... life in general - if you want. Maybe there's still no need for professional intervention.
Old 02-10-13, 06:50

As things should always be

Old 02-10-13, 07:13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
There is a certain give in take that you are a willing participant when it comes to toxic posts focused on Contador. What makes this any different from what vile statements you post?
If by toxic posts you mean not overvaluation of his capacities, I can agree.
Old 02-10-13, 08:15

Zam you should know better. I mean fan of Ivan ok. But fan of Andy?! He's not even eyetalian.
Old 02-10-13, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
That sacrum fracture appears to have been a misdiagnosis. Typo on the medical chart--it happens all the time. It was actually a scrotum fracture. His huevos fell out and appear to have been lost forever.
Nice one!!
Old 02-10-13, 12:00

Andy has to decide what he wants to do. The Tour starts in less than five months. You would think he would be hungry for success after last year was written off and he was second in the 2011 Tour. This year's Tour is a good route for him so what does he need to be motivated ? He seems to have plenty of talent. I have given up trying to understand him. After last year many people wanted to see him come back strong including myself but the latest news does not sound good at all. I thought that the business with his brother might motivate him to succeed even more but he seems to be falling back into old habits.