Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 02-09-13, 22:30
Administrator

We managed to dig the cars out, sort of. But not the entire driveway. There's still heaps of it out there, but we're exhausted.

I don't know there that photo is of the doorway, but we're not that bad. It's up to just under the doorknob I'd say.
Old 02-09-13, 23:40

Since when did simple storms get names?
Old 02-09-13, 23:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
Since when did simple storms get names?

It used to be "STORM WATCH.... 2013."

Of course, since Global Warming is now in full force, it's critical for the media to draw attention to anything out of the ordinary.
Old 02-10-13, 00:28

The question is, do you folks continue to ride your bikes? I used to live in Minneapolis, and rode a bike all through the winter, every winter. When I first arrived there, in the fall, colleagues at work asked me how I was going to get to work in the winter, but after the first heavy snowfall, I was the only one who showed up. All those with cars had to wait for the streets to be plowed.
Old 02-10-13, 03:33

here in Boston & around Massachusetts we got hit really hard- 3 to 6 feet of snow-lots of power outages & over the south on the coast line was the issue with beach erosion & hide tide. not pretty at all.
Old 02-10-13, 03:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfer07 View Post
here in Boston & around Massachusetts we got hit really hard- 3 to 6 feet of snow-lots of power outages & over the south on the coast line was the issue with beach erosion & hide tide. not pretty at all.

Hope you have power...
Old 02-10-13, 03:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmewmew13 View Post

Hope you have power...
yes -thankfully- although the power outage in my neighborhood lasted all Friday night through Saturday afternoon until 2:00 pm when it was restored... uffff- hard to live without electronics nowadays....
Old 02-10-13, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckx index View Post
The question is, do you folks continue to ride your bikes? I used to live in Minneapolis, and rode a bike all through the winter, every winter. When I first arrived there, in the fall, colleagues at work asked me how I was going to get to work in the winter, but after the first heavy snowfall, I was the only one who showed up. All those with cars had to wait for the streets to be plowed.
Sure, when conditions are decent. My favorite winter riding is on the MB with studded tires. What often happens around the southern coast of Maine is we get snow, it warms up or rains a bit and then freezes hard. Trails that people walked, skied or snowshoed on become perfect for riding. Snowmobile trails work well too. I've had a few good ice rides this winter prior to this storm. now it's all about skiing.
Old 02-11-13, 19:11