Armstrong Under Criminal Investigation - Page 22 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-09-13, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fausto's Schnauzer View Post
Hehehe.....I bet Lance will make the best Peach Cobbler in cell block D.
Old 02-09-13, 23:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleajactaest View Post
You can't prove a negative hypothesis. Just ask the UCI about testing lance a couple hundred times. If you honestly think a former team mate of Lance Armstong retired and for 6 years, with the french up Lance's a$$ the whole time, NO ONE asked him about it? The stupidity of such a conclusion is just beyond comprehension and there is nothing I can do for you.
http://www.bicycling.com/news/featured-stories/coming-clean

Hope I inserted the link right, first time!

The gist: from Frankie's own mouth, in a Bicycling Magazine interview, no, nobody had ever asked him if he doped before he actually admitted to doping. It IS hard to believe, even for Frankie, but Aleajactaest will note that rather than imply people are stupid for believing this, I just went online and found out if it was true or not.
Old 02-10-13, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmewmew13 View Post
True...but he may not have a choice. He also doesn't want to sit on a fed investigation witness stand.
Armstrong has made hours worth of admissions against interest on Opie's show. My guess is that Timmy though he had the field covered after Andre was "reached." Wrong, Tim. There are people who care about witness intimidation, and obstruction which includes the death threats against Travis. Travis had a look when he noted the threats on 60 Minutes. All he would say was that he reported them to the FBI. I can tell you that the threats are traceable, even with anon remailers. Lance is ****ed. He knows it. Herman knows it. Stick a fork in him and turn him over. He's done. Maybe Herman, too.
Old 02-10-13, 02:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimacoppi49 View Post
Armstrong has made hours worth of admissions against interest on Opie's show. My guess is that Timmy though he had the field covered after Andre was "reached." Wrong, Tim. There are people who care about witness intimidation, and obstruction which includes the death threats against Travis. Travis had a look when he noted the threats on 60 Minutes. All he would say was that he reported them to the FBI. I can tell you that the threats are traceable, even with anon remailers. Lance is ****ed. He knows it. Herman knows it. Stick a fork in him and turn him over. He's done. Maybe Herman, too.
I still find it hard to believe that Armstrong would "go there". He might be a scumbag and a sociopathic bully, but I just can't see him uttering death threats. He didn't do that with Tyler, Lemond, etc. It's not his M.O. Besides, he's not an idiot. He won't be so impulsive to do something so stupid.
Old 02-10-13, 02:20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnoculator View Post
I still find it hard to believe that Armstrong would "go there". He might be a scumbag and a sociopathic bully, but I just can't see him uttering death threats. He didn't do that with Tyler, Lemond, etc. It's not his M.O. Besides, he's not an idiot. He won't be so impulsive to do something so stupid.
One thing Armstrong has repeated shown is that he is impulsive, so much so that it could be viewed as idiocy. Confronting Hamilton was stupid. Taunting Novitsky with Twitter was stupid. I can easily see him threatening the livelihood of a potential witness. He likes to foster an "us vs. them" environment, so I could see one of his inner circle stepping over the line with Tygart. Someone like that could lead to other things that Armstrong has done.
Old 02-10-13, 02:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Queued View Post
While both are flagrant lies, the fact that you have started to correct yourself underscores that even you are starting to realize how flagrant they are.

Multiple moderators have now modified your recent posts.

Please take the hint.

STOP LYING and STOP TROLLING.

Dave.
They are two different statements both true. Frankie admitted to doping for several years before he retired. He then admitted a further 6 years AFTER retiring that he did dope. SO, he lied for several years before he retired and a further 6 years after. That adds up to the 10 years.

I was asked by one mod to stop and I tried but collectively, forum members continued to ask questions so I answered. To avoid conflicts with the mods, I will not make any more responses to this thread.

FWIW, I read the article and I don't find him credible. I don't believe that no one asked. I just don't. THat is in fact, my opinion and not provable.

Last edited by Aleajactaest; 02-10-13 at 02:29.
Old 02-10-13, 02:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimacoppi49 View Post
I figured it was getting intense under the surface. Yes! That look on Travis ' face spoke volumes. Scary sh!t

Edit: what BroDeal says....^^^^

Last edited by mewmewmew13; 02-10-13 at 02:34.
Old 02-10-13, 03:26

That's not a fair tease! Let's not expect/hope that the FBI did indeed manage to trace a threat from hackstrong. Even if it was an obese retard liestrong fanboy who sent a sillily worded death threat, that'd be too juicy for the drama happy Clinicers (me) to bear.
Old 02-10-13, 07:48

Quote:
This is a guy that threatened, on a personal level, top brass at CBS, a major TV station.

He IS an idiot, driven by his self perceived invinciblity. Those threats to CBS certainly came back to bite him in the a$$ - as are many of his despicable acts.
Old 02-10-13, 09:28

Quote:
Lemond has said in the past that someone put a gun to his head during the Trek scandal, it wasn't Armstrong himself but I'm pretty sure he stands by that story.