Armstrong Under Criminal Investigation - Page 23 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-10-13, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briant_Gumble View Post
Lemond has said in the past that someone put a gun to his head during the Trek scandal, it wasn't Armstrong himself but I'm pretty sure he stands by that story.
I never heard that, but F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armstrong is gonna be in deep doodoo it would seem and little he can do about it. This must be causing sleepless nights.
Old 02-10-13, 11:07

Quote:
Lemond has said in the past that someone put a gun to his head during the Trek scandal, it wasn't Armstrong himself but I'm pretty sure he stands by that story.
Amazing if true, but are you sure it wasn't a metaphor for business blackmail rather than literally pulling a firearm?
Old 02-10-13, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
the same people who did the leaks that never happen

It is called trolling. Make up something in the desperate hope someone will respond to the babble. Next up something about Betsy or Lemond
LOL, Oh Im sure something about both will almost magically appear soon, you know that. I'm looking forward to ANOTHER "Lemond doped too", "he cheated too...blah blah blah" response in the near future from some socko, it never fails.
"According to Mrs LeMond, Armstrong said: "There's no way you could have won your Tour de Frances without EPO." And Greg got very angry and said, "Listen, I won my - I was third in 1984, I was second in 1985, I won in 1986. This type of drug did not exist.The difference between you and me is that I have a 95 VO2 max and you have an 82, and you're - you don't - basically you don't know what you're talking about."(Proving Wonderboy is a clueless, lying POS)
Old 02-10-13, 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TDFWinner View Post
LOL, Oh Im sure something about both will almost magically appear soon, you know that. I'm looking forward to ANOTHER "Lemond doped too", "he cheated too...blah blah blah" response in the near future from some socko, it never fails.
Greg is still dope.

On the 'gun' part, obviously that was buisiness pressure form trekdopestrong after Greg's comments on working with Ferrari wrt texadope. Never heard of a real gun to be honest.

vetooo ‏@ammattipyoraily
#Tour 1990, Luz Ardiden (13.30 km, 7.44 %, 989 m). Greg LeMond: 39 min 46 sec, 20.07 Kph, VAM 1492 m/h, ~5.40-5.50 W/kg.
Old 02-10-13, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride to forget View Post
Amazing if true, but are you sure it wasn't a metaphor for business blackmail rather than literally pulling a firearm?
He said it in a radio interview that was posted on this forum after Armstrong was stripped and he also said it to Jeremy Whittle for the book "Bad Blood".

I'm sure it was literal and not figurative.

Will post the extract and/or the interview later.
Old 02-10-13, 12:56

Here's a link to the part of the book where Lemond talks about the gun to the head.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=h...tput=html_text

As it displays for me scroll down to the bottom of the first page and continue on to the second.

From here it reads to me like its probably literal but could be figurative, if you take it together with the radio interview it's almost certainly literal.
Old 02-10-13, 13:14

Quote:
Here's a link to the part of the book where Lemond talks about the gun to the head.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=h...tput=html_text

As it displays for me scroll down to the bottom of the first page and continue on to the second.

From here it reads to me like its probably literal but could be figurative, if you take it together with the radio interview it's almost certainly literal.
Seriously? Dude, it's clearly figurative, which is why he next states what the gun was "I was under incredible duress from the whole Armstrong camp and my whole business was at stake."
Old 02-10-13, 16:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbaccaD View Post
Seriously? Dude, it's clearly figurative, which is why he next states what the gun was "I was under incredible duress from the whole Armstrong camp and my whole business was at stake."
This doesn't really make one proud of that wholesome family owned business called Trek. Lemond has family ties to area near their main facilities/headquarters, didn't seem to help him a bit when Trek felt the pressure from LA. Wonder if any of LA's sponsors will be caught up in the obstruction investigation. Perhaps even a well known foundation acting through its chairman?

Last edited by reginagold; 02-10-13 at 16:29. Reason: clarity
Old 02-10-13, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
I never heard that, but F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armstrong is gonna be in deep doodoo it would seem and little he can do about it. This must be causing sleepless nights.
X2. Jebus, is there no level Wonderboy or his imbecillic cronies will not stoop to?
"According to Mrs LeMond, Armstrong said: "There's no way you could have won your Tour de Frances without EPO." And Greg got very angry and said, "Listen, I won my - I was third in 1984, I was second in 1985, I won in 1986. This type of drug did not exist.The difference between you and me is that I have a 95 VO2 max and you have an 82, and you're - you don't - basically you don't know what you're talking about."(Proving Wonderboy is a clueless, lying POS)
Old 02-10-13, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Greg Lemond View Post
Greg is still dope.

On the 'gun' part, obviously that was buisiness pressure form trekdopestrong after Greg's comments on working with Ferrari wrt texadope. Never heard of a real gun to be honest.
Very true(especially the Greg is still dope part)