Can trust be restored? - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-10-13, 12:32

According to Damsgaard there is no need for that, cycling is clean according to this puppet.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...msgaard-claims

Who invents this stuff.

vetooo ‏@ammattipyoraily
#Tour 1990, Luz Ardiden (13.30 km, 7.44 %, 989 m). Greg LeMond: 39 min 46 sec, 20.07 Kph, VAM 1492 m/h, ~5.40-5.50 W/kg.
Old 02-10-13, 12:53

The OP states he doesn't care about doping! Why then come into the clinic if it is not to troll?
Old 02-10-13, 13:09

A way to cease taking drugs in sport, is to prove that the drugs themselves are not where the power comes from ... it comes from the belief and conviction in them has "giving them" the power.

Now yes , some will say this is blasphemous ! And yes ... it will come from those who invest their belief in the drugs as more powerful than the beleif in oneself. The term "placebo effect" is often used as almost a derogatory term , as if belief is somehow a "meaningless power". I say it is the ONLY power !! Believe me or doubt me , doesn't matter. For those who beleive the do , for those that do not they do not.

Science is figuring out what has been known forever , that the mind is more powerful than any other force.

You cannot "stop" people from doing anything ..... you can offer better choices . Show these choices are more effective in reaching your goals and allow them to choose. Look at our world .. .all these efforts to "stop" and erradicate drugs, violence, war, poverty, etc ...... and they all fail and actually feed their worsening. The best one can do is be the best one can imagine to be, with integrity and belief in oneself .

Last edited by lostintime; 02-10-13 at 13:17.
Old 02-10-13, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
As long as we have people like you defending the doperz and crying about people getting caugh then the sport is in trouble.
I don't defend it, I understand it. Not the same. However, until they can insure a clean competition, there will be people who cheat. If that were not true, we would have no prisons.
Old 02-10-13, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
The OP states he doesn't care about doping! Why then come into the clinic if it is not to troll?
I should be clearer. Until it's clean I don't care. I'd rather see what diet, exercise, training and will can do. That is more compelling. Right now we see more of what extraordinary means can do. If I honestly felt that it was man vs man, team vs team with just the sacrifice and pain they were willing to endure, I would happily eschew drugs. It would be more entertaining. I don't think that's what we have been seeing. Yes, it is changing but the sheer numbers of stories that keep emerging say it is not clean yet.

FWIW, it is by definition, trolling if you do not hold the majority position? I came here to see what people think. I come to the conclusion there is a jaundiced view of the sport here. It is not ultimately a black and white situation. In truth, there is a split view within the sport. Some admitted dopers are still welcome in the sport while others get no consideration at all. How do you reconcile that admitted dopers have significant positions within a sport that wants to be squeaky clean?

The best way to fight a war is to understand the other sides tactics. That means they need to have some method to understand everything within the sport in order to combat it. Right now that seems hard to imagine with the UCI still being involved. It's utterly clear that they had NO interest in running a clean sport and still don't. So, to start UCI needs to be disinfranchised and that can only come when the money stops backing them. So the Major Tours and National Sport federations need to abandon the UCI and then maybe something can happen with a new start.

What is my direct interest? Getting more of the sport on TV and stopping the already evident erosion of cycling as a sport of interest to broadcasters within the US and elsewhere. e.g. I want access to all cycling on my TV. I had a lot before Universal screwed it up buy now I get 1/2 highlights of the TDU and nothing of the other spring races so far. Very sad.

Last edited by Aleajactaest; 02-10-13 at 17:18.
Old 02-11-13, 04:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintime View Post
A way to cease taking drugs in sport, is to prove that the drugs themselves are not where the power comes from ... it comes from the belief and conviction in them has "giving them" the power.

_________________ EPO, HGH, Cleb, Steroids, Transfusions, et al., are not Homeopathic Placebos.
Old 02-11-13, 04:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleajactaest View Post
The level of traffic in this forum indicates the problem.

I watch racing cause I love it and it really doesn't matter to me if they dope, it's entertainment not sport.
I am a jock. I participate in sport for the competitive value and the comraderie. It is an unspoken rule of sport, you don't cheat whether it is drugs or any other form of cheating. To suggest it does not matter that athletes dope is absurd. You are the problem in sport and the reason the culture of doping continues to permeate sport. Your attitude is bereft of any sense of moral awareness. It is amoral. Sad and pathetic!

If you want entertainment go to a movie.

Last edited by RobbieCanuck; 02-11-13 at 04:38.
Old 02-11-13, 04:39

Quote:
I don't defend it, I understand it. Not the same. However, until they can insure a clean competition, there will be people who cheat. If that were not true, we would have no prisons.
Quote:
I should be clearer. Until it's clean I don't care. I'd rather see what diet, exercise, training and will can do. That is more compelling. Right now we see more of what extraordinary means can do. If I honestly felt that it was man vs man, team vs team with just the sacrifice and pain they were willing to endure, I would happily eschew drugs. It would be more entertaining. I don't think that's what we have been seeing. Yes, it is changing but the sheer numbers of stories that keep emerging say it is not clean yet.

FWIW, it is by definition, trolling if you do not hold the majority position? I came here to see what people think. I come to the conclusion there is a jaundiced view of the sport here. It is not ultimately a black and white situation. In truth, there is a split view within the sport. Some admitted dopers are still welcome in the sport while others get no consideration at all. How do you reconcile that admitted dopers have significant positions within a sport that wants to be squeaky clean?

The best way to fight a war is to understand the other sides tactics. That means they need to have some method to understand everything within the sport in order to combat it. Right now that seems hard to imagine with the UCI still being involved. It's utterly clear that they had NO interest in running a clean sport and still don't. So, to start UCI needs to be disinfranchised and that can only come when the money stops backing them. So the Major Tours and National Sport federations need to abandon the UCI and then maybe something can happen with a new start.

What is my direct interest? Getting more of the sport on TV and stopping the already evident erosion of cycling as a sport of interest to broadcasters within the US and elsewhere. e.g. I want access to all cycling on my TV. I had a lot before Universal screwed it up buy now I get 1/2 highlights of the TDU and nothing of the other spring races so far. Very sad.
So what you are saying is you would prefer clean competition but since it is not clean now you would rather p!ss on everyone who wants it to be clean than admit to yourself that it is not. Way to make a stand dipstick.

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 02-11-13, 05:28

Q:What makes athletes taking drugs and get doped?
A:Huge prices ( money) and fame.

So what will make athletes not to get doped?
No prices no fame.. Race for the race and not for the price.
Old 02-11-13, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintime View Post

Now yes , some will say this is blasphemous ! And yes ... it will come from those who invest their belief in the drugs as more powerful than the beleif in oneself. The term "placebo effect" is often used as almost a derogatory term , as if belief is somehow a "meaningless power". I say it is the ONLY power !! Believe me or doubt me , doesn't matter. For those who beleive the do , for those that do not they do not.

Science is figuring out what has been known forever , that the mind is more powerful than any other force.
I'm not sure if your serious or not here, but, while the placebo effect is certainly real, pharmaceuticals are tested double blind against a placebo. If their effect doesn't significantly exceed the placebo effect then they are deemed ineffective and wont make it to the market.

To suggest you could get the same performance increase from a placebo as EPO, steroids etc is a bit laughable.