2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC - Page 10 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-11-13, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie1977 View Post
Contador shouldn't drop him and in a sprint finish, as the top of it G.M. is flat, I'd have him to take Contador and bonus seconds. He stupidly lost 15 seconds last year trying to attack the Greipel group in the final 5 kilometres and got shelled, losing by 1 second overall. Nailed on for the win this year in my opinion, maybe just by time bonuses.

www.wheeliebets.com
funny you say that, in San Luis Alberto dropped Nibbles easily in stage 6 so I don't see why not on Green Mountain.
Old 02-11-13, 10:14

Quote:
total agreement. i've seen healthier looking jockeys. i'm 3 stone heavier now than my racing days and would be considered exactly the right weight for my height. these lads have no arses and look more fragile than tissue paper.

You should see Gilbert in the flesh. Tiny and his legs are even tinier. He just looks bigger on the bike. Even the "big" lads are normal only - Burghart, Larsson, all sticks.
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpos...postcount=5069

this is what Publicus said a few weeks ago

Quote:
I saw him, but didn't speak to him, when he came out to the Bay Area a couple of years ago. He actually looks more solidly built than he appears on tv and dude is wicked serious once he clips into his pedals. From what I could tell, very nice and humble guy.
Old 02-11-13, 10:35

Quote:
I picked Nibbles again but more importantly at a far bigger price in the bookies, Richie Porte who the season was set around this time of year 2012. He ****ed home in the Algarve after SKY practised their team train with Bo Hagen, Wiggins and Froome and then he tore off up the Alto do Malho. The standard wasn't as good but the form there can't be denied.

Nibali's time trial in San Luis gave me more hope than anything. A good early season time trial normally is an indication of good stamina and a good winter and he comes to form easily through racing. Two weeks on from Argentina (where he started last season also) I'd think his climbing is spot on and Green Mountain is one he knows all too well. He should have won this last year.

Contador shouldn't drop him and in a sprint finish, as the top of it G.M. is flat, I'd have him to take Contador and bonus seconds. He stupidly lost 15 seconds last year trying to attack the Greipel group in the final 5 kilometres and got shelled, losing by 1 second overall. Nailed on for the win this year in my opinion, maybe just by time bonuses.

www.wheeliebets.com
I took Porte-top3 bet at Sportingbet at 9.00 odds last night. Do you think this is a good bet?

I'm also considering to back Contador but the odds are pretty low...
Old 02-11-13, 10:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by manafana View Post
no live video anywhere for some reason, utter madness really not to put an hour of live coverage on, highlights the next day on es2
Censorship. Oman is not a democracy.
Old 02-11-13, 10:59
Banned

2 Riders in the break - Bobbie Traksel (CSS) and Kohei Uchima (JPN) Adavantage is 5:20 with 54K left.

Max advantage they had at one point was 9:30.
Old 02-11-13, 11:02
Banned

First Intermediate Sprint Results:

1. Traksel (CSS)
2. Uchima (JPN)
3. Rollin (FDJ)
Old 02-11-13, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaev View Post
I took Porte-top3 bet at Sportingbet at 9.00 odds last night. Do you think this is a good bet?

I'm also considering to back Contador but the odds are pretty low...
The lack of TT plays against it.

Purito has a very good course, Green Mountain stage suiting him perfectly.

Contador is always there but he is focusing on Tirreno. Perhaps a victory stage at Green Mountain would be my bet.

Normally riders who are pointing Giro as a main goal shouldn't be a factor right now.
Old 02-11-13, 11:03
Banned

ORICA-GreenEDGE, working for Matt Goss, and Argos-Shimano, working for Marcel Kittel or John Degenkolb, lead chase. Gap 4:30.
Old 02-11-13, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post
The lack of TT plays against it.

Purito has a very good course, Green Mountain stage suiting him perfectly.

Contador is always there but he is focusing on Tirreno. Perhaps a victory stage at Green Mountain would be my bet.

Normally riders who are pointing Giro as a main goal shouldn't be a factor right now.
the winner of the green mountain stage has a good chance to win overall as well.
Old 02-11-13, 11:34
Banned

Break's advantage falling rapidly as cars are removed from gap between two race leaders and peloton. Catch imminent.