Tour Méditerranéen 2.1 (6th-10th February) - Page 70 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #691  
Old 02-11-13, 10:46
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,589
Default

good performances by colombians, their first race and in abysmal weather conditions.
Reply With Quote
  #692  
Old 02-11-13, 10:51
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
good performances by colombians, their first race and in abysmal weather conditions.
Patano sprints to 4th out of a 5 man group. That's all, as far as Colombia is concerned in this race.

The conditions are the same for everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #693  
Old 02-11-13, 11:03
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Patano sprints to 4th out of a 5 man group. That's all, as far as Colombia is concerned in this race.

The conditions are the same for everyone.
1 ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI ITA 14h45'19''
2 IAM CYCLING SUI 14h45'36''
3 TEAM EUROPCAR FRA 14h45'52''
4 COLOMBIA COL 14h45'59''
5 AG2R LA MONDIALE FRA 14h47'23''
6 BMC RACING TEAM USA 14h49'38''
7 FDJ FRA 14h49'52
8 TEAM SAXO-TINKOFF DEN 14h49'59''
9 SOJASUN FRA 14h51'13''
10 BLANCO PRO CYCLING TEAM NED 14h51'29''
11 EUSKATEL EUSKADI ESP 14h56'10''
12 RADIOSHACK LEOPARD LUX 14h56'29''
13 VACANSOLEIL-DCM PROCYCLING TEAM NED 15h01'39''
14 COFIDIS, SOLUTIONS CREDITS FRA 15h03'12''
15 BRETAGNE - SECHE ENVIRONNENT FRA 15h11'41''
16 BIG MAT - AUBER 93 FRA 15h11'44''
17 ACCENTS JOBS - WANTY BEL ''
18 LOTTO BELISOL BEL 15h13'23''
19 CCC - POLSAT POL


yeah, whatever
Reply With Quote
  #694  
Old 02-11-13, 11:08
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
1 ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI ITA 14h45'19''
2 IAM CYCLING SUI 14h45'36''
3 TEAM EUROPCAR FRA 14h45'52''
4 COLOMBIA COL 14h45'59''
5 AG2R LA MONDIALE FRA 14h47'23''
6 BMC RACING TEAM USA 14h49'38''
7 FDJ FRA 14h49'52
8 TEAM SAXO-TINKOFF DEN 14h49'59''
9 SOJASUN FRA 14h51'13''
10 BLANCO PRO CYCLING TEAM NED 14h51'29''
11 EUSKATEL EUSKADI ESP 14h56'10''
12 RADIOSHACK LEOPARD LUX 14h56'29''
13 VACANSOLEIL-DCM PROCYCLING TEAM NED 15h01'39''
14 COFIDIS, SOLUTIONS CREDITS FRA 15h03'12''
15 BRETAGNE - SECHE ENVIRONNENT FRA 15h11'41''
16 BIG MAT - AUBER 93 FRA 15h11'44''
17 ACCENTS JOBS - WANTY BEL ''
18 LOTTO BELISOL BEL 15h13'23''
19 CCC - POLSAT POL


yeah, whatever
Did they make an impact on this race? No they didn't. Team GC is meaningless.

Based on this race you can hardly say they had a good winter.
Reply With Quote
  #695  
Old 02-11-13, 11:23
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,589
Default

this is their first race. remember their first race last year?

besides they had snow, storms, rain. couldn't be worse yet they sitll performed well. all other teams have had one more stagerace in their legs at least. that's a big difference. see peraud who also did san luis
Reply With Quote
  #696  
Old 02-11-13, 11:32
janraaskalt janraaskalt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
see peraud who also did san luis
how about lofkvist?
Reply With Quote
  #697  
Old 02-11-13, 11:36
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janraaskalt View Post
how about lofkvist?
in better shape right now then the colombians, nothing bad with considering they are to focus on the giro, not paris nice
Reply With Quote
  #698  
Old 02-11-13, 11:49
janraaskalt janraaskalt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
in better shape right now then the colombians, nothing bad with considering they are to focus on the giro, not paris nice
Yes, but now you are mixing things. Lofkvist did not ride (a stage race) this season and is in good shape. Ergo, that cannot be the main reason why Colombians did well/bad in Le Tour Med.

I agree that the important goals for Colombia are in the future. All considering, in that perspective, the results of them weren't of any importance. Don't try to make it look good though.
Reply With Quote
  #699  
Old 02-11-13, 11:54
Ryo Hazuki's Avatar
Ryo Hazuki Ryo Hazuki is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janraaskalt View Post
Yes, but now you are mixing things. Lofkvist did not ride (a stage race) this season and is in good shape. Ergo, that cannot be the main reason why Colombians did well/bad in Le Tour Med.

I agree that the important goals for Colombia are in the future. All considering, in that perspective, the results of them weren't of any importance. Don't try to make it look good though.
why not. I find them to be good for most riders
Reply With Quote
  #700  
Old 02-11-13, 13:31
Pentacycle's Avatar
Pentacycle Pentacycle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
And you're a fan of Rodriguez, wheelsucker extraordinaire
At least Rodriguez's won some decent races and podiumed two GT's, my comment had nothing to do with him. What I was trying to say was that Mollema doesn't have the best sprint most of the times(although it's often claimed he does have a good sprint) and that's why he should attack more often.

Purito on the other hand is one of the best punchers, he knows he can wheelsuck and win easily. He's pure class, so he can indeed wheelsuck until the last km, and then attack or sprint ftw. Mollema isn't as good, that's why he should use some better tactics.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.