I just have to ask ? Marianne Vos - Page 17 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-09-13, 21:57

After I made my last remark here, I remembered Tom Boonen *****ing about the length of some stages, claiming long stages encouraged doping. Others moaned about an over-full calendar, also claiming it encourages doping.

Now, with my remark on finding time to fill the BBs, I now think that the above-mentioned complaints were only made to get the time to fill the BBs and also more time to use the BBs at the end of the stages (and possibly get one or two more days out of a single BB).
Old 02-10-13, 00:20

Two reasons I believe Vos is clean: she's been winning consistently since 15, and she's stated that she hates TT. After London, she said she wished she never had to do another TT ever again.

That's not the profile of a doper.
Old 02-10-13, 00:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnoculator View Post
Two reasons I believe Vos is clean: she's been winning consistently since 15, and she's stated that she hates TT. After London, she said she wished she never had to do another TT ever again.

Case closed then! I'm glad you cleared that up.
Old 02-10-13, 02:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by happychappy View Post
Case closed then! I'm glad you cleared that up.
No need for the sarcasm. I only give my two cents.
Old 02-11-13, 05:15

No one can be so good in so many different variations of the same sport, winning every single race, every time without getting not a single second place for so many racing seasons and for so many years. It is just not possible for any normal athlete even on elite athletes to have the same great performance all year round.

Not mention here that she is a woman and women can't have, due to their physiology, a standard performance. They can be more endure than men, but this is not standard each and every day of a month,( you know what I mean). So, I don't think that she is clean.
Perhaps she is talented and a natural athlete, but for sure not clean.

But it seems that no one notices something so obvious or bathers to think a little about it.
Old 02-11-13, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnoculator View Post

more like the profile of an early doper with a dislike for TTs.

ever since Leontien van Moorsel (if not earlier), doping is very common among Dutch women.

Was Vos ever with Leinders?
Old 02-11-13, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitogata View Post
No one can be so good in so many different variations of the same sport, winning every single race, every time without getting not a single second place for so many racing seasons and for so many years.

She had 15 second place results in 2012 and plenty of worse results too. She got silver in the Road World Championships for 5 years in a row.

Quote:
But it seems that no one notices something so obvious or bothers to think a little about it.
Why would that be
Old 02-11-13, 17:15

The women's cycling field really isn't that well developed at all. It really isn't surprising that there could be a women with supreme natural gifts dominating most of the calender when participation is as low as it is. A lot of her top competitors (Pooley, Stevens, etc.) were into their 20's before they started training on the bike seriously.

I think if you're going to be overly cynical about anyone and everyone that wins a lot you should probably pick a different sport to follow. It'll save yourself a lot of headaches.
Old 02-11-13, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitogata View Post
No one can be so good in so many different variations of the same sport, winning every single race, every time without getting not a single second place for so many racing seasons and for so many years. It is just not possible for any normal athlete even on elite athletes to have the same great performance all year round.
Pre-EPO, it happened. Not all the time, but it certainly happened. Lemond, Hinault, Merckx, Altig, and so on.

And she does miss the top step of the podium sometimes. Look at her Olympic performances. She's been beaten more than once. I think most of us like this facet of the sport. The strongest is not always gauranteed the win.

Dopers like to hide out between dope-cycle peaks because their performances tend to falll off a cliff. That is nothing like Vos. As others have stated her schedule is full, multi-multi discipline, and the performances in that schedule remarkably consistent.

http://www.gofundme.com/a4mlho

https://twitter.com/FitnessLawyer

This is a good time for her to tell her story.
Old 02-11-13, 19:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
ever since Leontien van Moorsel (if not earlier), doping is very common among Dutch women.
Can you elaborate more how doping was common among Dutch women?