U.S. Politics - Page 707 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 02-12-13, 00:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloCity View Post
You can control the guns. Background checks, gun registries, ban on certain types of weapons (which we do already for any number of weapons) and magazines, etc. We know what is effectual, it's just that people like you refuse to accept it.

And I don't know if you've noticed, but the law-abiding overwhelmingly support stricter gun control.
And they may. I do. Background checks ought to be vigorous. In fact, those who lie on background checks ought to have the book thrown at them. Are we? No. Why? Biden says "we don't have time." But more laws we don't enforce ought to fix the problem.

Your government at it's very finest.

Old 02-12-13, 00:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeNphilly View Post
Cool video some people might like here. There is something smaller than scale to this I have been to in Lancaster Co. in PA, but this has it beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCppmoZiXUY
Well, that's gonna pep people up a bit.
Old 02-12-13, 01:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
And please consider this exhibit "A' on how to disingenuously argue a point.

OMG, if we can help just 1 child it's worth whatever the cost, or some such BS.

Question: The bill was for $330 million annually. Why not just round up the funding to $400 million... I mean it's for the kids, right?
What i am sorry was i being disingenous by pointing out the heritage foundation who argue for tax cuts for the rich want to do that by cutting kids hospitals... the poor old rich eh. Dammit i am going to have to change my banner too more
fioe gras... doesnt quite have the ring of more gruel does it?

Last edited by AndyMMT; 02-12-13 at 01:16.
Old 02-12-13, 01:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
I need to buy a handgun or two before the gun grabbers gut the second amendment. Anyone have any suggestions. 9mm semi-auto preferred.
m&p9 or m&p40
Old 02-12-13, 01:24

Quote:
WTF? Romney is going to raze his La Jolla seaside home and build one 3 times larger. Have any idea how much he's stimulating the economy with that move?

Rich people don't buy ****? Really? You wouldn't be able to spot facts if you were pissing on them.

What are you typing on, that government issued iPhone?

Words to live by right there.
Its like taking candy from a baby but oh well

2000 shoppers a day in a walmart for instance... say average spend 200 dollars so say 400000 dollars thats per day say over 6 months the length of time it took to build Romneys new place (ignoring the jobs he sent overseas of course) so maybe half a dozen builders so maybe 500000 dollars... erm not even 2 days at wallmart takings.... so who created more jobs the wallmart shoppers or Romney?
Old 02-12-13, 01:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMMT View Post
What i am sorry was i being disingenous by pointing out the heritage foundation who argue for tax cuts for the rich want to do that by cutting kids hospitals... the poor old rich eh. Dammit i am going to have to change my banner too more
fioe gras... doesnt quite have the ring of more gruel does it?
Quote:
cutting kids hospitals
Where in the article posted did the appropriation squabble have anything to do with this? It didn't. Perhaps understand what you read before you post. Saves everybody time.
Old 02-12-13, 01:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMMT View Post
Its like taking candy from a baby but oh well

2000 shoppers a day in a walmart for instance... say average spend 200 dollars so say 400000 dollars thats per day say over 6 months the length of time it took to build Romneys new place (ignoring the jobs he sent overseas of course) so maybe half a dozen builders so maybe 500000 dollars... erm not even 2 days at wallmart takings.... so who created more jobs the wallmart shoppers or Romney?
So what we need in this economy are a bunch more WalMart stores... except I thought Wal Mart jobs weren't worth having? You really should to get your talking points straight.

One individual, spending $12,000,000 to demo and build a new house... I wonder how many board feet of lumber that project will use? Copper for the plumbing, all the concrete products, the framers, roofers, plumbers, painters, cabinet makers, installers, flooring dudes, subs, general contractors, their employees, appliance makers, furniture makers, their parts and material suppliers, shippers, retailers, etc., etc., etc.

I'll bet the SoCal contractor(s) and everybody they do business with (that get that job) will be pretty damned happy Mitt didn't just keep his $12,000,000 in the Caymans.

You truly have no concept. I mentioned before you'll have to bring your "A" game to this debate or you aren't going to have anybody here to argue with. Get with the program. Last warning.
Old 02-12-13, 02:18
Banned

Quote:
And they may. I do. Background checks ought to be vigorous. In fact, those who lie on background checks ought to have the book thrown at them. Are we? No. Why? Biden says "we don't have time." But more laws we don't enforce ought to fix the problem.

Your government at it's very finest.

Keep in mind these are the same people who support "sanctuary cities" then complain about crime--oops, my bad, it's not crime, it's gun violence. You cannot talk about crime because that might bring up the obvious connection between crime and violence instead of putting the blame on inanimate objects.
Old 02-12-13, 05:16

I sure hope Obama hurries up with the next round of stimulus. We need some block grants PDQ. A bunch of other States are ganging up on us.

Quote:
Indeed, in the last five years Texas has gained 400,000 new jobs while California has lost 640,000. The Lone Star State’s rate of job growth was 33 percent higher than California’s last year, even as the Golden State finally pulled out of the recession.

Joseph Vranich, a California business-relocation expert, agrees that California has a systemic job-creation problem and says it needs to worry about more than just Texas. He says that 15 states are sending delegations to California and seeking to convince firms to relocate or, if they stay in California, to expand their operations out of state. Wealthy individuals such as golfer Phil Mickelson are openly talking about following Tiger Woods and moving to low-tax states such as Florida. EBay, Facebook, and Visa, among others, have recently made major expansions in Texas. “That kind of talk will only intensify now that top earners in California face a 13.3 percent income-tax hit on earnings over $1 million,” says Jon Fleischman, editor of the political blog FlashReport.com. “That’s not only the highest rate in the U.S. It’s the highest rate any state has had since World War II.”
Good thing we have a super majority of Liberals in the State govt. Maybe the $120 billion high speed train will get us on the right track.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...beam-john-fund

Last edited by Scott SoCal; 02-12-13 at 05:18.
Old 02-12-13, 12:40

Quote:
So what we need in this economy are a bunch more WalMart stores... except I thought Wal Mart jobs weren't worth having? You really should to get your talking points straight.

One individual, spending $12,000,000 to demo and build a new house... I wonder how many board feet of lumber that project will use? Copper for the plumbing, all the concrete products, the framers, roofers, plumbers, painters, cabinet makers, installers, flooring dudes, subs, general contractors, their employees, appliance makers, furniture makers, their parts and material suppliers, shippers, retailers, etc., etc., etc.

I'll bet the SoCal contractor(s) and everybody they do business with (that get that job) will be pretty damned happy Mitt didn't just keep his $12,000,000 in the Caymans.

You truly have no concept. I mentioned before you'll have to bring your "A" game to this debate or you aren't going to have anybody here to argue with. Get with the program. Last warning.
Wallmart stores are magicked into existance and not built?
I was using Wallmart as an example but choose any store/business you like.

You are making some weird appeal to Says law that supply = demand.