Andy Schleck Discussion thread. - Page 317 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-12-13, 11:10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
I would've thought that in all the years he's spent on the same team with Voigt that maybe a little of Voigt's professionalism and work ethic would have rubbed off but it appears not. Add to that the opportunity to learn from O'Grady and Cancellara. What has he been doing all these years?
Although rhetorically appointed, the explanations imposes by itself... He was busy partying and thinking he knows everything about the business. Just like most of successful lads in his age.
Old 02-12-13, 12:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
Although rhetorically appointed, the explanations imposes by itself... He was busy partying and thinking he knows everything about the business. Just like most of successful lads in his age.
I don't agree with you. To say that all successful athletes or most of them in that age group act the same way as Schleck does them a disservice. This is a guy who said he was not happy to win the 2010 Tour after Contador was disqualified. He wanted to win it "on the road." This is the guy who finished second in 2011 when many expected him to win as he did himself and after meeting Contador post Giro. This is the guy who is angry about what happened to his brother re positive sample. Who also missed the Tour in 2012. If ever someone should be motivated it is Schleck. The guy is either delusional, an enigma or a fool or all three.
Old 02-12-13, 13:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by autologous View Post
Yeah, still plenty of time to learn how to shift without jamming his chain.
I think he's impatiently waiting for the invention of the remote-controlled shifting group. Takes the responsibility out of his hands.
Old 02-12-13, 13:44
Banned

Awe, I see there are a lot of pros in the thread and everyone feels compelled to advise Andy how he should jibe his chain between big and little rings. Great!
Old 02-12-13, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
I think he's impatiently waiting for the invention of the remote-controlled shifting group. Takes the responsibility out of his hands.
In my day there were chain guards. Do they still exist?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-12-13, 17:01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Andy can no longer rely on his talent, U23s can. Preparation and willing to suffer is the only way up.
Talent is overrated, do you really think he made it to the top with talent?
Old 02-13-13, 20:20

andy is lined up for tour of haut var. Lets see what he's going to do. I guess the real question is when will he finally finish a race. I actually kind of feel bad for him even though he isn't making things easier for himself with the attitude he has.
Old 02-13-13, 22:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruppeto993 View Post
andy is lined up for tour of haut var. Lets see what he's going to do. I guess the real question is when will he finally finish a race. I actually kind of feel bad for him even though he isn't making things easier for himself with the attitude he has.
Isn't Haut Var only 2 days? Maybe he can finish that one
Old 02-13-13, 23:03

I just re-read bits of Fignon's book, and he said that returning from major injury to full form took a lot longer than expected, in effect a missed season. I wouldn't write off Andy until 2014.
Old 02-13-13, 23:35
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
I just re-read bits of Fignon's book, and he said that returning from major injury to full form took a lot longer than expected, in effect a missed season. I wouldn't write off Andy until 2014.
I'm hoping that he goes to Haut Var and finishes. Regardless of what he does there. He is clearly miles away from where he needs to be but I'm hoping the rehab has started. Not sure if there any more warm weather training camps planned but I hope there are. Time to get his head together, get the hilly miles in, in decent weather that he likes and hopefully be ready for another good show at LBL. If he is competitive at LBL he will be a player in July.