Best and Worst National Champs jerseys - Page 32 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-05-13, 13:02

Sky didn't do sleeve bands last year either except for wiggo. For example geraint thomas or christian knees didn't have theirs.

They seemed to have fixed that this year and even have a mini union flag on the sleeve rather than the traditional red white and blue stripes. Having said that i haven't seen christian knees yet to see if he has his german bands
Old 02-07-13, 06:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamp78 View Post
Sky didn't do sleeve bands last year either except for wiggo. For example geraint thomas or christian knees didn't have theirs.

They seemed to have fixed that this year and even have a mini union flag on the sleeve rather than the traditional red white and blue stripes. Having said that i haven't seen christian knees yet to see if he has his german bands
interesting to see on the rapha site - http://www.rapha.cc/shop/team-sky/?u...paign=shop_cta - that there is a "wiggo" replica, with the british flag, but nothing for germany.

what is interesting to note, is that there is a version with stripes on the sleeve instead of the flag, as the thumbnail, but then changes to the flag once you click into the item, indicating to me that the flag idea was a last minute change.
Old 02-07-13, 08:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamp78 View Post
Knees has the German colors on his right sleeve where G and Wiggo have their Union Jack banner.
Old 02-07-13, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbiker View Post
Knees has the German colors on his right sleeve where G and Wiggo have their Union Jack banner.
Good stuff. All the pictures on the team sky website seemed to miss the right sleeve and he hasn't raced yet this season so wasn't sure if he had them.

Glad to hear that he does
Old 02-11-13, 03:15

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tou.../photos/251483

don't think this has been posted yet...gastauer's luxembourg TT jersey. nice to see a luxembourg champion have the entire jersey covered by the flag
Old 02-11-13, 07:42

I like it. Reminds me of Kirchen's champions jerseys.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 02-11-13, 22:32

love the current french champ, Nacer Bouhanni, with no sponsors on it

http://www.equipecyclistefdj.fr/lequ...nacer-bouhanni
Old 02-12-13, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnold517 View Post
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tou.../photos/251483

don't think this has been posted yet...gastauer's luxembourg TT jersey. nice to see a luxembourg champion have the entire jersey covered by the flag
Oh thanks, I had been looking for this! I like this a lot, what a shame he doesn't get to wear it all the time. Plus next year he will lose it even if Jungels pedals with one leg

The only weird thing is the brown in the crotch (and I assume lower back?!) area... but AG2R have great jerseys (IMO) and make some of the best national champion's jerseys!

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 02-12-13, 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
love the current french champ, Nacer Bouhanni, with no sponsors on it

http://www.equipecyclistefdj.fr/lequ...nacer-bouhanni
Now that's classy. Reminds me of Real Madrid in their Centenary year.
Old 02-19-13, 12:32

does anyone know why de maar isn't in a curacao national champ kit this year?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/vol.../photos/252307