Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 02-12-13, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMMT View Post
Wallmart stores are magicked into existance and not built?
I was using Wallmart as an example but choose any store/business you like.

You are making some weird appeal to Says law that supply = demand.
Sure. I'm satisfied that private wealth is helping create more private wealth. You might call it redistribution.
Old 02-12-13, 12:19

Don't look now, looks like Velo wrote Barry's SOTU speech.

Quote:
President Obama will use his State of the Union speech Tuesday to turn public opinion against automatic spending cuts and argue that some of the money to replace the cuts should instead come from higher taxes.
So, let me get this straight. Barry wants to tax, then spend? Hmmmm. How original.

#Obamaquester. Be careful what you wish for.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-spending-cuts
Old 02-12-13, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Don't look now, looks like Velo wrote Barry's SOTU speech.

So, let me get this straight. Barry wants to tax, then spend? Hmmmm. How original.

#Obamaquester. Be careful what you wish for.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-spending-cuts
Quote:
the president will strike a similar tone as he has in recent days in calling for a “balanced” package of spending cuts and tax hikes to replace the sequester.
See, that's a grown-up approach. Then there's the conservative R approach:

Quote:
No.
btw, what's up with "Barry"? Is Barack just not real-American sounding enough for you? Too African? Too black?
Old 02-12-13, 14:37

Quote:
Yep, all those f'ing greedy doctors ought to work for free. And just so you know, some doctors, like lawyers, are better than others, which could be a huge difference in the new hip. Different device makers, different products all at different price points...different patients present differently, not that you give a wit about any relevant fact. A hip is a hip is a hip. Let's standardize.
Zip. Right over your head, as usual. Hint: it's a systemic problem dude. That was the entire point of the article.
Old 02-12-13, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloCity View Post
See, that's a grown-up approach. Then there's the conservative R approach:

btw, what's up with "Barry"? Is Barack just not real-American sounding enough for you? Too African? Too black?
You would love nothing more than an explaination based in some deep rooted racism. Pathetic, but forgivable. Rules for radicals, eh? You don't even recognize your Alinskyisms anymore do you?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...me-barack.html

I figured if his Mom and Grandparents called him Barry then it's good enough for me.

Unless his Mom was racist.... She was the wrong color after all.
Old 02-12-13, 14:42

Quote:
And they may. I do. Background checks ought to be vigorous. In fact, those who lie on background checks ought to have the book thrown at them. Are we? No. Why? Biden says "we don't have time." But more laws we don't enforce ought to fix the problem.

Your government at it's very finest.
How 'bout we focus on prevention before the fact rather than punishment after the fact?

btw I noticed that you guys never did actually explain this:

Here's my hypothesis: we have a much higher rate of gun-related homicides because we have a ****load more guns than anyone else. What's yours?
Old 02-12-13, 14:45

Quote:
Zip. Right over your head, as usual. Hint: it's a systemic problem dude. That was the entire point of the article.
Do you know anything about the organization you quoted the talking head from? Any idea what they are about?

You post something as stupid as that and you'll get a stupid response. Fair enough?

Hopefully you will never need any major medical procedure in your lifetime. But if you ever do the last thing on your mind will be taking the low bid. Now, the pay panel, on the other hand....
Old 02-12-13, 14:48

Quote:
You would love nothing more than an explaination based in some deep rooted racism. Pathetic, but forgivable. Rules for radicals, eh? You don't even recognize your Alinskyisms anymore do you?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...me-barack.html

I figured if his Mom and Grandparents called him Barry then it's good enough for me.

Unless his Mom was racist.... She was the wrong color after all.
But you're not his mom or grandparents. And clearly as that article shows he prefers Barack. Everyone else calls him Barack, except conservatives, who call him Barry, his childhood name - his "boy" name, eh?

Personally I don't think you are racist and that you're probably just parroting other conservatives but you might want to consider why people on the right started calling him Barry in the first place. Let's just say that it was never intended as an endearing nickname like Ronnie. The birther/Kenyan group claim that his real name is "Barry Soetoro". Maybe that'll give you a clue where "Barry" derives from and why they like to call him Barry.

Last edited by VeloCity; 02-12-13 at 14:52.
Old 02-12-13, 14:53

Quote:
How 'bout we focus on prevention before the fact rather than punishment after the fact?

btw I noticed that you guys never did actually explain this:

Here's my hypothesis: we have a much higher rate of gun-related homicides because we have a ****load more guns than anyone else. What's yours?
Why did they exclude Mexico?

So, let me see if I understand you...

If we were to reduce the number of gun homicides from 3.0+ per 100k to 1 per 100k you would STFU? Did you know that gun homicide makes up a litlle over half of all homicides? 1) You are only addressing half of the issue and 2) You are not addressing the root of the problem. Why?

And for grins, with what you propose, where will the gun homicide numbers wind up?
Old 02-12-13, 14:59

Quote:
But you're not his mom or grandparents. And clearly as that article shows he prefers Barack. Everyone else calls him Barack, except conservatives, who call him Barry, his childhood name - his "boy" name, eh?

Personally I don't think you are racist and that you're probably just parroting other conservatives but you might want to consider why people on the right started calling him Barry in the first place. Let's just say that it was never intended as an endearing nickname like Ronnie. The birther/Kenyan group claim that his real name is "Barry Soetoro". Maybe that'll give you a clue where "Barry" derives from and why they like to call him Barry.
Ok. Since your sensitivities have been assaulted I will stop calling Him "Barry".

For someone who doesn't think me to be racist you sure mention it frequently. "boy", above? Can you get past that, maybe?

Continue if you must but it's really a false narrative and completely unnecessary.