Armstrong Under Criminal Investigation - Page 27 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-12-13, 02:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimobici View Post
So let me get this straight..........
By not cow-towing to a lying & cheating bully Betsy Andreu "had it coming"?
By answering a legitimate question about Ferrari with a qualified answer Greg Lemond "had it coming"?

What planet are you from? Telling the truth and refusing to be swayed by threats & slurs upon your character is not something any society should admonish any individual for. While her husband isn't pure as the driven snow, neither she nor Greg Lemond deserved any of the vitriol Armstrong & his cronies orchestrated.

By your skewed "ethics" a rape victim deserved it because their skirt was too short.
LOL, in before it gets locked
Old 02-12-13, 02:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimacoppi49 View Post
Likely yes. Oakley. Will Oakley and their stellar sales rep take a fall or will they rat out Armstrong and perhaps some of his close advisers and/or attorneys?
Oh yeah, I forgot that we already know about this. Any clinicians know if there any SOL that applies to acts of witness intimidation?
Old 02-12-13, 03:09

Wink Levity.

Note the inappropriate celebratory bow ties.

[Found while shopping Amazon for some LiveScribe refills.]

Do they have a clue?

[Rhetorical]

http://www.store-laf.org/ac-6001.htm...utm_medium=ppc

Sir ~ [?] WTF>

Brailsford 2008 | Wiggins 2012

Excuses are for liars.
Old 02-12-13, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginagold View Post
I'm sorry, who is under criminal investigation? Oh, yes - Lance. Wonder if that means USADA has been forced to stand down any talks with him - as happened the last time DOJ was looking into Mr. Armstrong's activities. The obstruction of justice investigation of Mr. Armstrong was revealed at the same time that USADA gave a two week extension. Seems clear to me that USADA would not have ventured in assuming Lance could and actually might, speak with them under oath had USADA known of the DOJ investigation. Now probably the two week extension is really "as long as the DOJ takes for its investigation - plus a week or two." Any obstruction of justice, while impacting the DOJ prior investigation, would also impact the evidence the USADA would have to consider in any determination of "substantial assistance." USADA/WADA now frozen.
So the USADA two week clock continues to tick tock along. Feb. 20th approaches. Maybe, despite my earlier thoughts (pompously quoting self above) LA will try to give evidence to USADA if he can get some kind of agreement it won't be used in the obstruction of justice investigation - or any legal actions resulting from that investigation. That looks like the best move he could try to make right now given the bad cards he is holding. But I think this unlikely.
Old 02-12-13, 16:09

Quote:
So the USADA two week clock continues to tick tock along. Feb. 20th approaches. Maybe, despite my earlier thoughts (pompously quoting self above) LA will try to give evidence to USADA if he can get some kind of agreement it won't be used in the obstruction of justice investigation - or any legal actions resulting from that investigation. That looks like the best move he could try to make right now given the bad cards he is holding. But I think this unlikely.
This is where Wonderboy digs into his backpack of courage and turns a pedal in anger and insists it happen on his terms. Fight Wonderboy! Fight!
Old 02-12-13, 16:12

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot that we already know about this. Any clinicians know if there any SOL that applies to acts of witness intimidation?
Regarding the Oakley angle, I would be surprised if anyone who can prosecute will dredge that one up. They didn't then during the SCA contract dispute, so I think that horse has left the barn.
Old 02-12-13, 17:41

The president of the international doping organization WADA, John Fahey, is willing to give Lance Armstrong discount on the lifetime quarantine, he received as a result of revelations that the former seven-times Tour winner has doped massively in his career.

The only possible chance to change something, if Lance Armstrong indicates to the USADA (the U.S. anti-doping authorities, ed.), That he will testify under oath. Not on a TV program, but under oath and to the proper authorities, and he must submit to a regular cross-examination. If this has substance, it may well be that USADA will consider reducing the lifetime ban to a minimum of eight years of quarantine, said John Fahey according to cyclingnews.com.

The WADA president has, however, not great expectations that Armstrong will seize this opportunity.

- I see no indication that Mr. Armstrong has the will to do it, and I will be very surprised if he takes it. I would love to see it happen, but I would be very surprised if it ever happens, said Fahey, who did not conceal his limited sympathy for Lance Armstrong.

And so right he is, no way Liestrong will ever be dictated in which form he should "confess"
Old 02-12-13, 18:08

Lane just took down the UCI. Busted!
Old 02-12-13, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Link??????
Old 02-12-13, 19:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
That Lois, she gets all the hot scoops!