2013 Paris Nice - Page 12 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 02-12-13, 08:38
serfla serfla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
actually I just didn't see your post.
Too bad... You could've attached me some cute Alberto avatar or a loving signature.
Pay attention in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-12-13, 08:41
mr. tibbs's Avatar
mr. tibbs mr. tibbs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrowlerson View Post
But I do
Seconded.



GET THAT MONEY
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-12-13, 08:45
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 15,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
Too bad... You could've attached me some cute Alberto avatar or a loving signature.
Pay attention in the future.
yea I know. A shame.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 02-12-13, 16:20
Taxus4a's Avatar
Taxus4a Taxus4a is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Castilla
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
I doubt henao will do either of them. he'll be leader in catalunya, pais vasco and then the classics
In a recent interview he said he was tought to make Tirreno, but now is probably he do Nice, but anyway, one of them. He will not be at Cataluña, and maybe he will be the leader in Pais Vasco.
In Ardenes he will lead but always Urán is more Leader. Uran and Henao has been together since 16 yers old in races, and Henao shows hight potential, but Urán even more.
So the road will talk, but always in the importarnt events Rigo is more leader.
In Algarve with that long time trial and rivals as Tony Martin they have almost impossible to win.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-21-13, 13:46
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 6,488
Default

Robert Gesink, Jakob Fuglsang, Tejay Van Garderen, Philippe Gilbert, Ivan Basso, Jerome Coppel, Mikel Nieve, Andrew Talansky, Denis Menchov, Diego Ulissi, Rui Costa, Nairo Quintana, Sylvain Chavanel, Simon Gerrans, Andreas Kloden, Richie Porte, Jonathan Hivert, Thomas Voeckler, Roman Kreuziger, Thomas de Gendt, Lieuwe Westra and Jean-Christophe Peraud are some of the big names participating.

Is Hesjedal riding anything?

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=59575
__________________
Quote:
Ban team radios!
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 02-21-13, 13:49
Zam_Olyas's Avatar
Zam_Olyas Zam_Olyas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grosvenor Square. Novacaine.
Posts: 7,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Robert Gesink, Jakob Fuglsang, Tejay Van Garderen, Philippe Gilbert, Ivan Basso, Jerome Coppel, Mikel Nieve, Andrew Talansky, Denis Menchov, Diego Ulissi, Rui Costa, Nairo Quintana, Sylvain Chavanel, Simon Gerrans, Andreas Kloden, Richie Porte, Jonathan Hivert, Thomas Voeckler, Roman Kreuziger, Thomas de Gendt, Lieuwe Westra and Jean-Christophe Peraud are some of the big names participating.

Is Hesjedal riding anything?

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site...a.asp?id=59575
Yea, seems to be taking it very easy so far.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-21-13, 13:59
Ferminal Ferminal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 16,393
Default

Can't race too much early when you're trying to do the double.

GC will actually be decent... Quintana/TommyV/TVJG/Porte/Westra/Gesink maybe even Menchov and Klöden are building form

Last edited by Ferminal; 02-21-13 at 14:02.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 02-21-13, 14:16
Kokoso's Avatar
Kokoso Kokoso is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 776
Default

I've hopes for Kreuz, in 2010 he performed well here. Anything else than 1. place is dissapointment, anything else than worse than podium is pure disaster if he doesn't finish with broken leg or something.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 02-21-13, 14:20
Dekker_Tifosi's Avatar
Dekker_Tifosi Dekker_Tifosi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands
Posts: 18,465
Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi
Default

I have high hopes for Gesink, but likely one of the following 2 will happen:
1) He'll do well in the mountain stage and col d'eze ITT, but lose time in a simple stage (echelons or being behind a split) causing him to eventually lose sight of top GC places
2) He'll do perfect in all stages but suck in the Col d'Eze ITT because it's an uphill ITT... and lose 5 places on the final day

ofcourse, there's a very small chance of..
3) he'll actually win the thing

but I dare not dream of it now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYOP88 View Post
Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 02-21-13, 14:22
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,991
Default

Quintana will ride? I think we have a winner.

If the TT wasn't up the Col d'Eze maybe guys like Tejay or Gesink would have a chance, but now I don't see it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
I have high hopes for Gesink, but likely one of the following 2 will happen:
1) He'll do well in the mountain stage and col d'eze ITT, but lose time in a simple stage (echelons or being behind a split) causing him to eventually lose sight of top GC places
2) He'll do perfect in all stages but suck in the Col d'Eze ITT because it's an uphill ITT... and lose 5 places on the final day

ofcourse, there's a very small chance of..
3) he'll actually win the thing

but I dare not dream of it now.
The course isn't suited to him at all, with an ultra short prologue, a tempo climb, and an uphill TT to finish it off.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.