Eurosport commentary - Page 27 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 02-13-13, 20:30

no doubt val di fiemme will be something to watch

by the way,eurosport has on friday, 22th one hour highlights of tour du haut var
Old 02-17-13, 00:06

Rather bizarre highlights of Stage 3 from the Algarve just there on Eurosport. I mean to say, who opens a highlights programme with footage of the winner crossing the line. I already knew the result, but I'm sure there were people who had tried to avoid finding out the outcome during the day and then they had it spoilt by Eurosport (or possibly the host broadcaster) in the first seconds.
Old 02-17-13, 08:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbelly View Post
Rather bizarre highlights of Stage 3 from the Algarve just there on Eurosport. I mean to say, who opens a highlights programme with footage of the winner crossing the line. I already knew the result, but I'm sure there were people who had tried to avoid finding out the outcome during the day and then they had it spoilt by Eurosport (or possibly the host broadcaster) in the first seconds.
The Algarve coverage has been abysmal. 1st stage the picture quality seemed upscaled from one of those low resolution betting site streams and the sound was processed through a dalek. At least Harmon's commentary was added cleanly. The picture quality was slightly better for stage 2, but for both finishes they had picked a terrible view down the finishing straight. Not Eurosport's fault, but whoever cobbled it together in Portugal.
Old 02-17-13, 14:27

It said commentary by 'David Hendon' as well. They've had a nightmare really. Eurosport clearly struggling for early season form...
Old 03-03-13, 14:11

Brian smith during strade bianchi yesterday talking about how.it.will be hard for.schleck to pull off good.form.in July this year like he has done before because "all the top riders have improved on the back of what bradley wiggins did last year"

Oh lord. And the seasons only began.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 03-03-13, 15:31

Not sure I follow Harmon's logic about what Paris-Nice winners mean, I'll leave it at that.
Old 03-13-13, 10:10

Default Eurosport got it right

Rob Hatch and Magnus Backstedt doing a really good job commentating on Tirreno Adriatico on Eurosport.

Hatch, UNLIKE HARMON actually knows some facts and information about the race and riders. Even lesser known riders, Hatch can give some info on, which teams the rider has ridden with, even off the bike gossip.

He has obviously followed cycling for many years and is on a par with his pro co-commentator.

Eurosport have at last got it right. Pity they have still got Kirby shouting in the final 3 kms, in his sad rendition of the Grand National....about the 'Cannondale four' - God !!

Dan Lloyd also doing an excellent job - trying to salvage the train wreck that Kirby creates.
Old 03-13-13, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Chic View Post
Rob Hatch and Magnus Backstedt doing a really good job commentating on Tirreno Adriatico on Eurosport.

Hatch, UNLIKE HARMON actually knows some facts and information about the race and riders. Even lesser known riders, Hatch can give some info on, which teams the rider has ridden with, even off the bike gossip.

He has obviously followed cycling for many years and is on a par with his pro co-commentator.

Eurosport have at last got it right. Pity they have still got Kirby shouting in the final 3 kms, in his sad rendition of the Grand National....about the 'Cannondale four' - God !!

Dan Lloyd also doing an excellent job - trying to salvage the train wreck that Kirby creates.
I agree: I thought they did an ok job of the chaos of stage 6 when you couldn't know who was where....I'm sure if they were adding the commentary afterwards, they would have done it differently.

But they were a bit slow in picking up the danger to Froome which was staring us in the face.
Old 03-13-13, 10:30

Did anyone notice that Eurosport had Kirby and Lloyd commentating on the highlights to TA? What was that all about?
Old 03-13-13, 16:23

Say what you like about Harman, but he's a hundred times better than Anthony McCrossan.