Should triathletes be allowed on bikes? - Page 26 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > General

General Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-19-13, 17:37

Okay...

I saw this on the street a couple of days ago and thought about BroDeal

Old 01-22-13, 04:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
We may need a new thread titled "Should triathletes be allowed in pools?"

The guys at Slowtwitch argue about whether peeing in swimming pools is okay.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.c...t;post=4361080
So you are saying it isn't?
Old 01-30-13, 21:19

This guy is OK on the bike
Magnus Backstedt
Old 02-16-13, 18:49

I don't know if this is worse than peeing in a pool, but blowing snot rockets in one does not sound too cool to me. Triathletes tend to disagree. They are not big on showering before swimming either.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.c...t;post=4429890
Old 02-16-13, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
I don't know if this is worse than peeing in a pool, but blowing snot rockets in one does not sound too cool to me. Triathletes tend to disagree. They are not big on showering before swimming either.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.c...t;post=4429890
Ugh!
Makes me cringe....
Old 02-17-13, 03:56

Some of them are also not big on washing their bikes between peeing on them in the big race and having the local shop pack them for shipping. A personal experience.
Old 02-17-13, 04:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustabe View Post
Some of them are also not big on washing their bikes between peeing on them in the big race and having the local shop pack them for shipping. A personal experience.
Ewww. You should get danger pay for that.
Old 02-17-13, 05:41

On the other hand, when Chrissie Wellington came to our shop I was absolutely delighted to meet her. I'd wrench for her any day.
Old 02-17-13, 16:24

Just when I think I've seen it all from Tri Tools

In OC we have a bike path through Irvine, most call it back bay route. Its chill ride cool down after a hammer session and the route most coastal riders take to meet up Como or Foodpark etc. ya'll know it

there is a specific section passing a Korean Baptist Church near UCI, You may have read there was an elderly Korean woman killed by a cyclist there a few years ago.

Yesterday cruising along at about 15mph with a few others as bonked as ever, we encounter Tri Dude in his aero bars blasting through at like 22 dodging peds and cyclists all over yelling right of way or whatever. The crazy thing was he was one arm in the aeros, hammering and one had with a Gu trying to eat and yell and keep his pace with his headphones on. Obviously strava tri guy trying to keep his average speed up.

I mean WTF. Beyond the obvious disconnect Tri people have which is well documented here in this forum, isn't there common courtesy safety and logic that should override even the most dysfunctional person is a group? Beyond the clicks and vibe even???

All fun aside here this is really what this thread is about? Is it not?

Not to over shadow Tandem couple doing 25 with captain husband with his forearms on the flat section on the drops passing everyone....

the freaks come out in force here in socal when the temps push just above 75.
Old 02-18-13, 03:00

Perth is very similar at this time of the year Busselton 1/2 is in May, so there are all sorts of tools getting out and about. My better half nearly got flattened by a tri-geek in the aero's while running around Lake Monger the other day. Lake Monger is a very popular runner's spot and only about 2km away from the west coast highway with it's massive road shoulders AND bike lanes...