Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #231  
Old 02-17-13, 18:54
alitogata's Avatar
alitogata alitogata is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Athens
Posts: 273
Default

Here.. try this..

http://translate.google.com/#el/en/:)
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 02-17-13, 19:01
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 21,434
Default

Based on your posts and what we know about the popularity of professional road cycling in Greece (not the biggest sport around) im guessing the forum you link is a forum more about riding bikes as a passtime rather than about the professional race scene and its.controversies.

Totally different ball game.
__________________
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 02-17-13, 19:28
Susan Westemeyer's Avatar
Susan Westemeyer Susan Westemeyer is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitogata View Post

I believe that it can work to any forum.. the first period of time is a little confusing but then everything works by itself.
Lovely for you and that forum. Too bad the rest of us poor mistaken mods, admins and everyday users will never know the loveliness and perfection.

Susan
__________________
I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 02-17-13, 20:01
pedaling squares's Avatar
pedaling squares pedaling squares is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 2,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
Lovely for you and that forum. Too bad the rest of us poor mistaken mods, admins and everyday users will never know the loveliness and perfection.

Susan
Hey, you had your chance to make ChrisE a mod.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 02-17-13, 21:11
Mrs John Murphy's Avatar
Mrs John Murphy Mrs John Murphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stamping on Cadel's dog
Posts: 2,167
Wink

I'm saying nothing
__________________
Justcycling

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 02-17-13, 22:24
pmcg76 pmcg76 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,748
Default

I noted a few days ago that Sittingbison was not suitable for a mod position and it has already been borne out. What a shock.

It is possible to judge how even-handed people might be as mods based on their own postings. How can anyone respect a mod if you know they will not give you a fair crack of the whip. SittingB and eBandit had strong positions on opposite ends of the same argument and then you give one the power to have the other banned!!!

I don't think I have ever had a problem with any mod but I too cannot give any credence to anything SittingBison does as a mod especially after this has been revealed. I think eBandit was actually correct to pus their side across.

Being warned for calling the Hog, hoggie!!! a true farce. I guess that now means I will also be banned.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 02-17-13, 22:35
Dr. Maserati Dr. Maserati is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcg76 View Post
I noted a few days ago that Sittingbison was not suitable for a mod position and it has already been borne out. What a shock.

It is possible to judge how even-handed people might be as mods based on their own postings. How can anyone respect a mod if you know they will not give you a fair crack of the whip. SittingB and eBandit had strong positions on opposite ends of the same argument and then you give one the power to have the other banned!!!

I don't think I have ever had a problem with any mod but I too cannot give any credence to anything SittingBison does as a mod especially after this has been revealed. I think eBandit was actually correct to pus their side across.

Being warned for calling the Hog, hoggie!!! a true farce. I guess that now means I will also be banned.
Lets be fair here - none of this is should be a mod issue.
What is happening here recently is more like kindergarden.

The mods have been pretty much asked to intervene in a childish spat. The preferred option should have been to tell Hoggie to shut up and stop trolling again. Instead they decided to ask people not to use something which was being done to troll. Edanbit got out trolled.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 02-17-13, 22:35
alitogata's Avatar
alitogata alitogata is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Athens
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Based on your posts and what we know about the popularity of professional road cycling in Greece (not the biggest sport around) im guessing the forum you link is a forum more about riding bikes as a passtime rather than about the professional race scene and its.controversies.

Totally different ball game.
No..it is a forum about all things that have to do with cycling in Greece including professional road cycling. Cycling is not unpopular in Greece as many believe, it is not well organised and has not enough infrastructure both as a sport and for urban use.

In our discussion now, in this forum are taking place log of discussions about politics and about things that the cycling communities demand from government and public transportation Ministry. So there are many reasons for flame comments.

And in the case of political discussions you can imagine how difficult was the mods position who in the past could be charged that they were unfrair because they supported the one or the other political view about f.e a thing that regards if the new highway code will include those who don't have brakes in their bikes, ( the fixies etc).

Any way I referred to this forum not as an absolute solution but as an example of alternative moderation that perhaps it would help people to moderate such a big forum like this.

My intention is not to judge or blame anyone, neither troll or interfere.. after all I don't know persons and situations, just knowing how these things work, from my own experience as administrator and moderator I wanted to give you my two cents in this thread..

I apologize if I offend anyone without knowing it..
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 02-17-13, 22:42
alitogata's Avatar
alitogata alitogata is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Athens
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
Lovely for you and that forum. Too bad the rest of us poor mistaken mods, admins and everyday users will never know the loveliness and perfection.

Susan
I am really sorry, if you get my posts with another way than my real intentions, which I wrote in the above post. In any case they were not to offent or be ironic to any person or any situation. I just said my opinion about situations that exist and I am involved. Perhaps my knowledge in English language doesn't allow me to be more accurate to what I want to express and gives different impressions than these that are intended.

Again I apologize if somehow I offended you.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 02-17-13, 22:49
pmcg76 pmcg76 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
Lets be fair here - none of this is should be a mod issue.
What is happening here recently is more like kindergarden.

The mods have been pretty much asked to intervene in a childish spat. The preferred option should have been to tell Hoggie to shut up and stop trolling again. Instead they decided to ask people not to use something which was being done to troll. Edanbit got out trolled.
Yes but then the mod of course sided with one particular poster which is obvious. If Hog was complaining about being called Hoggie, then you have to question the maturity level of the mod who was gullible enough to believe that. Goes back to my original point that said mod is not suitable for the position. I still do not get how the Hog gets away with what he does when many others would be banned forever.

I agree this place has got far to childish which is why I find myself reporting people which I never bothered with before.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.