Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread - Page 25 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 02-18-13, 00:18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcg76 View Post
Yes but then the mod of course sided with one particular poster which is obvious. If Hog was complaining about being called Hoggie, then you have to question the maturity level of the mod who was gullible enough to believe that. Goes back to my original point that said mod is not suitable for the position. I still do not get how the Hog gets away with what he does when many others would be banned forever.

I agree this place has got far to childish which is why I find myself reporting people which I never bothered with before.
Why would you question the maturity of the mod and not the (pretending to be) offended poster?!

Hoggie complains - forcing a mod to intervene, either mod lets it slide and people bait poor Hoggie or they ask people to dial it down. Hog wins every time.
Old 02-18-13, 01:23
Administrator

Lets get this absolutely clear, ebandit was not banned for calling thehog "hoggie".

pmcg76, if you read Susans post on the subject of ebandits ban you would know this. Yet you choose to completely ignore this and make wild unsubstantiated claims about me as a moderator and a poster, assumptions based entirely on ebandits posts.

You have absolutely no idea about the content of the numerous private correspondence that took place between ebandit and myself. You have absolutely no idea if I was biased, or sided with or against anyone. You have absolutely no idea if I was even tempered or rude and aggressive. You have absolutely no idea about my position on the subject of "hoggie". You have absolutely no idea on who was being mature or not, or my tone and content.

ebandit had his own agenda which had nothing to do with "hoggie", and was in no doubt whatsoever about the "consequences" of his actions. ebandit flagrantly chose a course of action that inevitably led to his short ban, a course of action that would get any of us on this or any other forum given a holiday.

And lets get another thing clear. I don't have the power to ban anybody.

Last edited by sittingbison; 02-18-13 at 01:27.
Old 02-18-13, 02:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
Lets get this absolutely clear, ebandit was not banned for calling thehog "hoggie".

pmcg76, if you read Susans post on the subject of ebandits ban you would know this. Yet you choose to completely ignore this and make wild unsubstantiated claims about me as a moderator and a poster, assumptions based entirely on ebandits posts.

You have absolutely no idea about the content of the numerous private correspondence that took place between ebandit and myself. You have absolutely no idea if I was biased, or sided with or against anyone. You have absolutely no idea if I was even tempered or rude and aggressive. You have absolutely no idea about my position on the subject of "hoggie". You have absolutely no idea on who was being mature or not, or my tone and content.

ebandit had his own agenda which had nothing to do with "hoggie", and was in no doubt whatsoever about the "consequences" of his actions. ebandit flagrantly chose a course of action that inevitably led to his short ban, a course of action that would get any of us on this or any other forum given a holiday.

And lets get another thing clear. I don't have the power to ban anybody.
I am going to cite "The Clinic vs B Wiggins". If you were not guilty you would just brush it off. I'll say no more.

btw Is 'Hoggy' allowed?
Old 02-18-13, 03:39
Administrator

What kind of redunculous statement is that? Guilty? Guilty of what? That I dont necessarily agree with your opinion about Sir Wiggo? About Sky??

So there we have it, proof of the pudding.... because I have an opinion about something you disagree with I am unsuitable as a mod? What a laugh. I dont see you or pmcg76 or Del suggesting any of the admins are unsuitable as a mod because of THEIR opinions on Sky or any other matter.

As to the "hoggie" issue, can't you read? How many times does it have to be explained. ebandits ban was nothing to do with "hoggie".
Old 02-18-13, 04:12

Quote:
What kind of redunculous statement is that? Guilty? Guilty of what? That I dont necessarily agree with your opinion about Sir Wiggo? About Sky??

So there we have it, proof of the pudding.... because I have an opinion about something you disagree with I am unsuitable as a mod? What a laugh. I dont see you or pmcg76 or Del suggesting any of the admins are unsuitable as a mod because of THEIR opinions on Sky or any other matter.
You're opinion of Sky or Wiggins or whatever was not the point. It was your reaction above.

Quote:
As to the "hoggie" issue, can't you read? How many times does it have to be explained. ebandit's ban was nothing to do with "hoggie".
Actually, it was indirectly involved. He felt it was unfair that he was told not to use 'Hoggie' but others were allowed. That led him to say he was going to ignore the Mods.

Anyway, I am going to step away before I join ebandit...
Old 02-18-13, 04:56
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't be late Pedro View Post
You're opinion of Sky or Wiggins or whatever was not the point...
Thats interesting Pedro, seeing as you posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't be late Pedro View Post
I am going to cite "The Clinic vs B Wiggins". If you were not guilty you would just brush it off...
Old 02-18-13, 05:15

Quote:
Thats interesting Pedro, seeing as you posted this:
In which case you are missing the point of what I have said.
Old 02-18-13, 05:25

i find it astonishing that people are rushing to judgement on sittingbison all because of what ebandit said???

i like ebandit and get on with him fine, but he does enjoy both baiting the hog and citing favouritism towards the hog at all turns (never mind that he was banned for a week -- the exact same punishment that ebandit is serving).

i don't always agree with the mods, but i am grateful for them and that they're willing to volunteer their own free time.

ffs, this place needs mods whether people like them or not. we may not be five year olds, but we sure act like them sometimes... since Susan cannot always be around to spank you (which many, even if not willing to admit it, would enjoy), give the new mod team a break and let them settle in.
Old 02-18-13, 07:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
i find it astonishing that people are rushing to judgement on sittingbison all because of what ebandit said???

i like ebandit and get on with him fine, but he does enjoy both baiting the hog and citing favouritism towards the hog at all turns (never mind that he was banned for a week -- the exact same punishment that ebandit is serving).

i don't always agree with the mods, but i am grateful for them and that they're willing to volunteer their own free time.

ffs, this place needs mods whether people like them or not. we may not be five year olds, but we sure act like them sometimes... since Susan cannot always be around to spank you (which many, even if not willing to admit it, would enjoy), give the new mod team a break and let them settle in.
Maybe you could give us the translator for that language converter you have.
Old 02-18-13, 08:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
Maybe you could give us the translator for that language converter you have.
i doubt you'd understand it.