Member Suspension Appreciation/Depreciation Thread - Page 25 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 02-18-13, 00:18
Dr. Maserati Dr. Maserati is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcg76 View Post
Yes but then the mod of course sided with one particular poster which is obvious. If Hog was complaining about being called Hoggie, then you have to question the maturity level of the mod who was gullible enough to believe that. Goes back to my original point that said mod is not suitable for the position. I still do not get how the Hog gets away with what he does when many others would be banned forever.

I agree this place has got far to childish which is why I find myself reporting people which I never bothered with before.
Why would you question the maturity of the mod and not the (pretending to be) offended poster?!

Hoggie complains - forcing a mod to intervene, either mod lets it slide and people bait poor Hoggie or they ask people to dial it down. Hog wins every time.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 02-18-13, 01:23
sittingbison's Avatar
sittingbison sittingbison is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 2,128
Default

Lets get this absolutely clear, ebandit was not banned for calling thehog "hoggie".

pmcg76, if you read Susans post on the subject of ebandits ban you would know this. Yet you choose to completely ignore this and make wild unsubstantiated claims about me as a moderator and a poster, assumptions based entirely on ebandits posts.

You have absolutely no idea about the content of the numerous private correspondence that took place between ebandit and myself. You have absolutely no idea if I was biased, or sided with or against anyone. You have absolutely no idea if I was even tempered or rude and aggressive. You have absolutely no idea about my position on the subject of "hoggie". You have absolutely no idea on who was being mature or not, or my tone and content.

ebandit had his own agenda which had nothing to do with "hoggie", and was in no doubt whatsoever about the "consequences" of his actions. ebandit flagrantly chose a course of action that inevitably led to his short ban, a course of action that would get any of us on this or any other forum given a holiday.

And lets get another thing clear. I don't have the power to ban anybody.
__________________
Quote:
“Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves Moriarty? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”

Last edited by sittingbison; 02-18-13 at 01:27.
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 02-18-13, 02:52
Don't be late Pedro's Avatar
Don't be late Pedro Don't be late Pedro is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
Lets get this absolutely clear, ebandit was not banned for calling thehog "hoggie".

pmcg76, if you read Susans post on the subject of ebandits ban you would know this. Yet you choose to completely ignore this and make wild unsubstantiated claims about me as a moderator and a poster, assumptions based entirely on ebandits posts.

You have absolutely no idea about the content of the numerous private correspondence that took place between ebandit and myself. You have absolutely no idea if I was biased, or sided with or against anyone. You have absolutely no idea if I was even tempered or rude and aggressive. You have absolutely no idea about my position on the subject of "hoggie". You have absolutely no idea on who was being mature or not, or my tone and content.

ebandit had his own agenda which had nothing to do with "hoggie", and was in no doubt whatsoever about the "consequences" of his actions. ebandit flagrantly chose a course of action that inevitably led to his short ban, a course of action that would get any of us on this or any other forum given a holiday.

And lets get another thing clear. I don't have the power to ban anybody.
I am going to cite "The Clinic vs B Wiggins". If you were not guilty you would just brush it off. I'll say no more.

btw Is 'Hoggy' allowed?
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 02-18-13, 03:39
sittingbison's Avatar
sittingbison sittingbison is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 2,128
Default

What kind of redunculous statement is that? Guilty? Guilty of what? That I dont necessarily agree with your opinion about Sir Wiggo? About Sky??

So there we have it, proof of the pudding.... because I have an opinion about something you disagree with I am unsuitable as a mod? What a laugh. I dont see you or pmcg76 or Del suggesting any of the admins are unsuitable as a mod because of THEIR opinions on Sky or any other matter.

As to the "hoggie" issue, can't you read? How many times does it have to be explained. ebandits ban was nothing to do with "hoggie".
__________________
Quote:
“Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves Moriarty? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 02-18-13, 04:12
Don't be late Pedro's Avatar
Don't be late Pedro Don't be late Pedro is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
What kind of redunculous statement is that? Guilty? Guilty of what? That I dont necessarily agree with your opinion about Sir Wiggo? About Sky??

So there we have it, proof of the pudding.... because I have an opinion about something you disagree with I am unsuitable as a mod? What a laugh. I dont see you or pmcg76 or Del suggesting any of the admins are unsuitable as a mod because of THEIR opinions on Sky or any other matter.
You're opinion of Sky or Wiggins or whatever was not the point. It was your reaction above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
As to the "hoggie" issue, can't you read? How many times does it have to be explained. ebandit's ban was nothing to do with "hoggie".
Actually, it was indirectly involved. He felt it was unfair that he was told not to use 'Hoggie' but others were allowed. That led him to say he was going to ignore the Mods.

Anyway, I am going to step away before I join ebandit...
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 02-18-13, 04:56
sittingbison's Avatar
sittingbison sittingbison is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 2,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't be late Pedro View Post
You're opinion of Sky or Wiggins or whatever was not the point...
Thats interesting Pedro, seeing as you posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't be late Pedro View Post
I am going to cite "The Clinic vs B Wiggins". If you were not guilty you would just brush it off...
__________________
Quote:
“Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves Moriarty? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 02-18-13, 05:15
Don't be late Pedro's Avatar
Don't be late Pedro Don't be late Pedro is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
Thats interesting Pedro, seeing as you posted this:
In which case you are missing the point of what I have said.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 02-18-13, 05:25
thirteen's Avatar
thirteen thirteen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,368
Default

i find it astonishing that people are rushing to judgement on sittingbison all because of what ebandit said???

i like ebandit and get on with him fine, but he does enjoy both baiting the hog and citing favouritism towards the hog at all turns (never mind that he was banned for a week -- the exact same punishment that ebandit is serving).

i don't always agree with the mods, but i am grateful for them and that they're willing to volunteer their own free time.

ffs, this place needs mods whether people like them or not. we may not be five year olds, but we sure act like them sometimes... since Susan cannot always be around to spank you (which many, even if not willing to admit it, would enjoy), give the new mod team a break and let them settle in.
__________________
______________
sempre con noi
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 02-18-13, 07:47
ElChingon's Avatar
ElChingon ElChingon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: En el Internet, and Hiding from the UCI
Posts: 5,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
i find it astonishing that people are rushing to judgement on sittingbison all because of what ebandit said???

i like ebandit and get on with him fine, but he does enjoy both baiting the hog and citing favouritism towards the hog at all turns (never mind that he was banned for a week -- the exact same punishment that ebandit is serving).

i don't always agree with the mods, but i am grateful for them and that they're willing to volunteer their own free time.

ffs, this place needs mods whether people like them or not. we may not be five year olds, but we sure act like them sometimes... since Susan cannot always be around to spank you (which many, even if not willing to admit it, would enjoy), give the new mod team a break and let them settle in.
Maybe you could give us the translator for that language converter you have.
__________________
CyclingNews Forum Member Number 1. (verified)
All my posts are of my own opinion.
October 10, 2012 The Reasoned Decision
Points: 10 CN Infraction Points
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 02-18-13, 08:08
thirteen's Avatar
thirteen thirteen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
Maybe you could give us the translator for that language converter you have.
i doubt you'd understand it.
__________________
______________
sempre con noi
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.