2013 Tirreno - Adriatico - Page 14 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 02-20-13, 17:45
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianrider View Post
Ideal scenariao on guys like Froom and Evans

30 seconds in the TT
25 seconds in the final TT

He looses 40 seconds on the Mountain Finish
He looses 14 seconds on the uphill stage

Tony wins the GC by 1 second
You seriously think he can take 30 seconds on the ITT against Froome?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 02-20-13, 17:53
Bavarianrider's Avatar
Bavarianrider Bavarianrider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 3,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
You seriously think he can take 30 seconds on the ITT against Froome?
I meant 30 seconds in the TTT
Buty anyway the TT is not technical at all.
Froom lost 16 seconds to Cancellara on 6.4km that had more corners then the 9.4km at Tirreno. So i am abolutely convinced that Froom will lose 25 seconds to Tony in that one
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 02-20-13, 17:59
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianrider View Post
I meant 30 seconds in the TTT
Buty anyway the TT is not technical at all.
Froom lost 16 seconds to Cancellara on 6.4km that had more corners then the 9.4km at Tirreno. So i am abolutely convinced that Froom will lose 25 seconds to Tony in that one
I doubt that unless Tony saves energy in the previous days which he won't since he aims for the GC.

Besides as you said in that prologue Martin was still 2 or 3 seconds behind on canc before falling so yeah not a good reference and i'm sure Froome prefers straight forward than corners.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 02-20-13, 18:00
serfla serfla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 701
Default

My impression is that Martin's GC ambitions aren't unfounded.
There's not enough time trialing so he could win relying solely on that ability, that's sure, but maybe he feels he can also time trial the climbs.
I've always regretted he didn't develop into a all-arounder rather than a time trial specialist. He had more potential than Wiggo, but High Road wasn't the best environment for that purpose.
Maybe he's now reliving some flashbacks from the start of his professional career which are awakening youthful dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 02-20-13, 18:13
McLovin McLovin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 702
Default

so Tireno is the new Tour de France. Too bad all this will end up on first climb in March and not on first climb in July.
The bad part is that if next year he will target Tour GC again, we will wait for 16 months for Toni to deceive, not 12 like we used to. Dear God, I hope he will not target Vuelta in 2014.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 02-20-13, 18:21
Bavarianrider's Avatar
Bavarianrider Bavarianrider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 3,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
My impression is that Martin's GC ambitions aren't unfounded.
There's not enough time trialing so he could win relying solely on that ability, that's sure, but maybe he feels he can also time trial the climbs.
I've always regretted he didn't develop into a all-arounder rather than a time trial specialist. He had more potential than Wiggo, but High Road wasn't the best environment for that purpose.
Maybe he's now reliving some flashbacks from the start of his professional career which are awakening youthful dreams.
Exactly.
I am sure Tony can ride up Prato di Tivo fast.
After all it's the only mountain of the day. Tony can simply make it a MTT. The climb isn't steep. too. More of a rolleurs type of mountain.
Tony has very serious chances for a Top 5 Gc finish. If everything works fine, maybe more.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 02-20-13, 18:32
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianrider View Post
Exactly.
I am sure Tony can ride up Prato di Tivo fast.
After all it's the only mountain of the day. Tony can simply make it a MTT. The climb isn't steep. too. More of a rolleurs type of mountain.
Tony has very serious chances for a Top 5 Gc finish. If everything works fine, maybe more.


One mountain you say? Btw this is the next stage.



Not that he will be relevant but even if for w/e miracle he's still up there they will make sure he drops on the passo lanciano.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 02-20-13, 18:36
Bavarianrider's Avatar
Bavarianrider Bavarianrider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 3,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post


One mountain you say? Btw this is the next stage.



Not that he will be relevant but even if for w/e miracle he's still up there they will make sure he drops on the passo lanciano.
Passo Delle isn't all that diffcult, that's negelctable.
Well if they go all out on :ancione Tony would get in problems. But i doubt they'll do that.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 02-20-13, 19:11
Miburo's Avatar
Miburo Miburo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianrider View Post
Passo Delle isn't all that diffcult, that's negelctable.
Well if they go all out on :ancione Tony would get in problems. But i doubt they'll do that.
Of course they'll do it when Tony is still relevant at that point, even when he's not they still might do it.

For example if Contador is behind in GC he'll for sure go there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
JV if you truly wish to save cycling.

Do something.

You know it's not real.

Your Garmin guys are getting killed.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 02-20-13, 19:15
Afrank's Avatar
Afrank Afrank is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianrider View Post
I meant 30 seconds in the TTT
Buty anyway the TT is not technical at all.
Froom lost 16 seconds to Cancellara on 6.4km that had more corners then the 9.4km at Tirreno. So i am abolutely convinced that Froom will lose 25 seconds to Tony in that one
Cancellara was only able to take 20 seconds out of Nibali last year on the same course. And I rank Froome a better TTer than Nibali, So I doubt we'll see a gap that big between Froome and Martin.
__________________
Be the Goat

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.