Moderators - Page 336 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 02-24-13, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
I agree with Netserk, Clinic is Clinic.

Susan
You could take it out of the road section and move it up a level in the hierarchy?

Still, didn't come here to discuss the location of the clinic in any case, was just checking in from my post the other day. And on that subject, thank you for the response Hiero, appreciate it. I can't, honestly, say that I agree with the consensus you've formed - which is a shame - but thank you for at least having the discussion! (My personal view is that while the mods clearly don't represent the editorial view of CN, taking on the role of mod does bring with it some 'forum capital' - obviously mods police the rules, but their posting also has a softer impact, which helps set the bar on what is acceptable on the forum. And I think sometimes the moderators need to apply a bit more, well, moderation to their own posts, even if they have strongly held views. But that's just my twopenneth worth.)

Anyway, thanks again for the discussion, I'm personally done with this subject now, as I'm actually doing some important stuff next week - on holiday with my kids!
Old 02-24-13, 21:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post

I actually don't thing that there realistically could have been done much different by the mods. Even if one of the cars hits the break, there will still be a car crash if the other goes full throttle. But ideally we the mods could have drawn the line Parrulo drew earlier.

What? You mean hits the break like this?

http://youtu.be/mYPDAry-A-s

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 02-26-13, 12:44

Can I please get a reasoned decision on why my thread "Toilet paper orientation and race preference" was closed?

Susan already gave a vague explanation: "Sorry, but we really don't need this thread".

I think we can all calmly agree that we do not necessarily need the "cat thread", "dog thread", "Bike advertisements and women thread", "The Mullet Thread", "Coffee Bean Recommendations thread", "Break out the fat bikes thread", "Who? LOves Their Dog as Much as Their Bike/Cycling thread" and last but not least the "Amazing staircases thread".

I could go on for ages, but one gets the point. I did not put 10 minutes in compiling the toilet paper poll just to have someone decide that my thread is less needed than a thread about stairs. Many people actually care about toilet paper orientation and I think it is up to the forum to decide whether or not we need this thread.

If the thread is not needed, it will silently slip away into oblivion like the vastly underrated "Urinating in the Shower thread", which we obviously needed more than this one.

I believe it's a little unfair to close a thread based on a random criterion like relative necessity.

13th best mountainbiker of the World (2004)
18th best mountainbiker of the World (2005)
Cyclingnews Reader Polls
Old 02-26-13, 12:48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomcie View Post
If the thread is not needed, it will silently slip away into oblivion like the vastly underrated "Urinating in the Shower thread"
Now you are just taking the p!ss out of a serious issue.
Old 02-26-13, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't be late Pedro View Post
Now you are just taking the p!ss out of a serious issue.
I actually mean it when I say it is vastly underrated.

Cyclingnews Reader Polls
Old 02-26-13, 13:29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomcie View Post
Can I please get a reasoned decision on why my thread "Toilet paper orientation and race preference" was closed?

Susan already gave a vague explanation: "Sorry, but we really don't need this thread".

I think we can all calmly agree that we do not necessarily need the "cat thread", "dog thread", "Bike advertisements and women thread", "The Mullet Thread", "Coffee Bean Recommendations thread", "Break out the fat bikes thread", "Who? LOves Their Dog as Much as Their Bike/Cycling thread" and last but not least the "Amazing staircases thread".

I could go on for ages, but one gets the point. I did not put 10 minutes in compiling the toilet paper poll just to have someone decide that my thread is less needed than a thread about stairs. Many people actually care about toilet paper orientation and I think it is up to the forum to decide whether or not we need this thread.

If the thread is not needed, it will silently slip away into oblivion like the vastly underrated "Urinating in the Shower thread", which we obviously needed more than this one.

I believe it's a little unfair to close a thread based on a random criterion like relative necessity.
I am a bit stunned the thread has been closed. I would expect the thread to have a brief spurt of activity before drifting off of the front page of the cafe never to be seen again.
None of the discussion in the thread seemed to be against the rules unless posts had to be deleted which I did not see.
I hope the decision will be explained in a bit more detail.
Old 02-26-13, 14:16

WOW somebody's got a bee in their bonnet. perhaps irregularity has soured their outlook or they're out of papel hygenico
Old 02-26-13, 16:53

Perhaps we didn't really need the thread, although 10 people did vote in the less than 2 hours that it was open. So somebody(s) thought they needed it.
The real question is do we need a mom to tell us what we may or may not need?

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 02-26-13, 17:19
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Januss View Post
Perhaps we didn't really need the thread, although 10 people did vote in the less than 2 hours that it was open. So somebody(s) thought they needed it.
The real question is do we need a mom to tell us what we may or may not need?
Whether you think you need her or not, you have her.
Old 02-26-13, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
Whether you think you need her or not, you have her.
Ah, so you read everything here but simply choose to ignore it until you see the opportunity to make a witty remark. Nice.

What about my thread?

Cyclingnews Reader Polls