Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession) - Page 104 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 02-27-13, 06:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
Sacks would not comment on the Landis suit except to repeat Weisel's denial of any doping activities, "which has now been admitted to by Armstrong and Landis, who have also perjured themselves."

When did Floyd commit perjury? Assume during the SCA trial, has anybody read his transcript

There was so much evidence staring everybody in the face and yet so many people wanted to believe the beautiful lie, rather than the ugly truth. -Alex Gibney
Old 02-27-13, 06:57
Administrator

was the perjury in his own hearings?

Anyway, Weisel using Lances frequent old chestnut of Floyd and Tyler "They are sworn liars" against Lance is a real hoot
Old 02-27-13, 07:53

Quote:
Uh oh

"Mr. Weisel is prepared to say that the Justice Department's decision (to file a separate lawsuit), he believes is the correct result," said Weisel's attorney, Robert Sacks, a managing partner at Sullivan & Cromwell.
http://www.sfgate.com/business/botto...#ixzz2M4KU1FQ1
What ? That sentence doesn't even make sense, I suppose he said that the government were right to join Flandis?

Weisel is such a...weasel ! Who's going to believe him? Dopestrong will take him down witg him.
Old 02-27-13, 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
was the perjury in his own hearings?

Anyway, Weisel using Lances frequent old chestnut of Floyd and Tyler "They are sworn liars" against Lance is a real hoot
Probably so, wasn't sure if his doping hearing would classify lying as perjury.

Anyway, good to see la is putting Weisel on the government's side. If lance claims the gubment should have known about the dope, Weisel sure as heck should have.

As said, Weisel has denied any knowledge of his team's doping during its victorious Tour de France years. "People say 'Jesus, you had to know this was going on because everyone was doing it,' " Weisel told the San Francisco Business Times last year. "That's not true. I never thought it was."

I just saw Jimmy Kimmell nominated la for "best actor in real life" but he lost out to Manti Tao's girlfriend.

There was so much evidence staring everybody in the face and yet so many people wanted to believe the beautiful lie, rather than the ugly truth. -Alex Gibney
Old 02-27-13, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbaccaD View Post
The short answer to that is that anyone who helped commit the fraud is on the hook. I would have to dig back through, but I read that statement (not exact wording) in the Fraudulent Claims statute. Weisel is going to have a hard time convincing a jury he didn't know Lance doped when Lance says Weisel knew he doped. You have no friends joint and several liability.
But if the point is so unproblematic, why did Landis' lawyers talk about it at such length in the complaint?
Old 02-27-13, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalco View Post
But if the point is so unproblematic, why did Landis' lawyers talk about it at such length in the complaint?
I am not going to assess the move by the Feds to not name Weisel as a defendant in Floyd's case, and to suggest they may name him in a separate suit because I don't know why they are doing that. I was merely making a case that Weisel is going to have a hard time if they do name him in a suit.

Last edited by ChewbaccaD; 02-27-13 at 13:30.
Old 02-27-13, 13:34

http://blog.sfgate.com/bottomline/20...ng-connection/

Quote:
“People say ‘Jesus, you had to know this was going on because everyone was doing it,’” Weisel added. “That’s not true. I never thought it was. And we certainly had part of our rider contract where if a person tested positive, they were off the team. We were very explicit there.”
I guess Weisel is not caucusing with Lance's attorneys, because their argument a couple of days ago was that the USPS should have known, and thus the SOL should not be tolled...but if Weisel didn't know...

The rats are starting to turn on each other.
Old 02-27-13, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
What ? That sentence doesn't even make sense, I suppose he said that the government were right to join Flandis?

Weisel is such a...weasel ! Who's going to believe him? Dopestrong will take him down witg him.
While Weasel is mentioned in the suit the notice letter makes it clear that Weasel, Knaggs, and Stapleton are not targets right now, but they could be at any time. Weasel is saying the Feds decision to target Lance and Johan......and not him, is a a good thing
Old 02-27-13, 13:41

Quote:
While Weasel is mentioned in the suit the notice letter makes it clear that Weasel, Knaggs, and Stapleton are not targets right now, but they could be at any time. Weasel is saying the Feds decision to target Lance and Johan......and not him, is a a good thing
And now Wiesel is throwing a monkey wrench into the SOL argument. If the managing entity didn't know, how were the sponsors supposed to be on notice that Lance and the team were doping?
Old 02-27-13, 13:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbaccaD View Post
I am not going to assess the move by the Feds to not name Weisel as a defendant in Floyd's case, and to suggest they may name him in a separate suit because I don't know why they are doing that. I was merely making a case that Weisel is going to have a hard time if they do name him in a suit.
It seems we're talking about different things. I was suggesting that possibly Weisel is protected by being able to hide behind Tailwind, which appears to me at least to be a concern for Landis' lawyers.