Track World Cup on BBC this weekend - Page 4 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Track > General

General From the kilo to the hour record, if it's on the velodrome it goes in here

Old 02-19-12, 15:53

Wow Ozzies OWNED GB.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 02-19-12, 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Wow Ozzies OWNED GB.
Pretty quick
Old 02-19-12, 17:25
Administrator

sireau v forstermann was quite funny... forstermann got him good... the german fellows legs are huge :S
Old 02-19-12, 18:22
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Wow Ozzies OWNED GB.
I think that might be overstating it a bit.

And the Aussies have always been the bench mark - sometimes the Brits have got the better of them bu t not always and only in recent years. It will be interesting to see what happens in July!

T
Old 02-19-12, 18:27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbleStoner View Post
how annoying was that British coverage... jeez, there was an exciting mens mass start race going on and they were talking about a semi final round of womens sprint? how much do you need to say? they even switched reporters to keep talking about it. you couldn't even hear what the infield reporter was trying to say because the crowd was yelling so loud for Ben Swift in the race behind the reporter, and she acted like she didn't even notice it, ridiculous. I hope that is not a preview of the Olympics coverage.
The coverage is and was very pro Briitish. I guess you have to understand that they (the BBC and UK cycling) are trying to generate interest around the sport. This is prime time TV and it's no straightforward thing to bump stuff off the schedule to make space for track cycling. The y have to justify in rating s the chance they are taking by making this commitment. They are trying to get British public excited about something they don't know much about.

The Olympics is different. They will still be excited about the GBR team but for different reasons and the coverage will be more balanced. Certainly if you are comparing it to US coverage for example.
Old 02-19-12, 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180mmCrank View Post
I think that might be overstating it a bit.

And the Aussies have always been the bench mark - sometimes the Brits have got the better of them bu t not always and only in recent years. It will be interesting to see what happens in July!

T
Still, 4-1 in terms of Olympic events and I believe the Aussies have said they want/expect to win 8 golds.
A tad short of the mark at the moment, I'd say.

Hopefully, they will crush everybody in the Melbourne worlds, next month and get another dose of over-confidence.
Old 02-19-12, 18:51

Thoroughly enjoyed that weekend.

As for the team pursuit I thought the Brits rode just about as well as they were hoping to. The Aussie boys rode fantastic, but they were always going to be further ahead at this stage. The question has been will the Brits be able to close the gap by August. I'm already excited for it.
Old 02-19-12, 20:06
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcher View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed that weekend.

As for the team pursuit I thought the Brits rode just about as well as they were hoping to. The Aussie boys rode fantastic, but they were always going to be further ahead at this stage. The question has been will the Brits be able to close the gap by August. I'm already excited for it.
GBR will do it by July ... Home field advantage will be huge. IMHO

T
Old 02-19-12, 22:47

Laura Trott was one of the performers of the weekend for me, so so close to Gold.

Forsterman was quality in that sprint bronze match!
Old 02-19-12, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
Still, 4-1 in terms of Olympic events and I believe the Aussies have said they want/expect to win 8 golds.
A tad short of the mark at the moment, I'd say.
The Australian track squad have certainly never suggested they would win 8 golds - not sure where you got that from