Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > General

General Discuss your experiences road riding, share knowledge or other general road cycling topics. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-30-12, 06:22
Eric8-A's Avatar
Eric8-A Eric8-A is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,645
Default Hashtags

For those that are on Twitter, I'm sure you're familiar with hashtags. If not, they're a phrase or word that has a # in front of it. They're all grouped together into one area where they're stored. That's as best as I can define it. I usually get a kick out of reading them on Twitter and thought it would be a neat idea to incorporate the trending hashtag topic to make it cycling related.

Like for instance, right now one of the trending topics is "If I won the Lotto I would" (in hashtag for it's #IfIWonTheLottoIWould). In California right now the Lotto is at 460 million dollars right now I believe which is why it's trending.

I'll start it easy.

#IfIWonTheLottoIWould buy all my favorite riders and build a team around them.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-12, 14:12
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 13,854
Default

Obviously the same as you, but with a slight twist:

#IfIWonTheLottoIWould bribe CAS to admit they made a mistake in the Contador case so that his suspension gets void and then I would start my own cycling team with him as captain and all my favourite riders in it and Bjarne as team manager. And I would buy Frandy, only to later tell them they're water carriers for Alberto.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-31-12, 01:02
Eric8-A's Avatar
Eric8-A Eric8-A is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Obviously the same as you, but with a slight twist:

#IfIWonTheLottoIWould bribe CAS to admit they made a mistake in the Contador case so that his suspension gets void and then I would start my own cycling team with him as captain and all my favourite riders in it and Bjarne as team manager. And I would buy Frandy, only to later tell them they're water carriers for Alberto.
They're not going to like that very much
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-12, 09:39
Machu Picchu's Avatar
Machu Picchu Machu Picchu is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric8-A View Post
...Like for instance, right now one of the trending topics is "If I won the Lotto I would" (in hashtag for it's #IfIWonTheLottoIWould). In California right now the Lotto is at 460 million dollars right now I believe which is why it's trending.

I'll start it easy.

#IfIWonTheLottoIWould buy all my favorite riders and build a team around them.
So Eric, did you win? how's the team coming along?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-12, 19:18
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 13,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric8-A View Post
They're not going to like that very much
That's the idea.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-31-12, 23:23
Zam_Olyas's Avatar
Zam_Olyas Zam_Olyas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grosvenor Square. Novacaine.
Posts: 7,139
Default

#IfIWonTheLottoIWould i will buy cyclingnews or buy out future publishings and become a cook/handyman for liquigas cycling team.
__________________
You ever heard the story of Mr. Faded Glory?
say he who rides a (bike) must someday fall.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-12, 10:47
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 13,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam_Olyas View Post
become a cook/handyman for liquigas cycling team.
What do you need the money for, buying the needed licenses?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank
Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, how he takes on the sprinters in a bunch sprint, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-01-12, 20:25
Zam_Olyas's Avatar
Zam_Olyas Zam_Olyas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grosvenor Square. Novacaine.
Posts: 7,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
What do you need the money for, buying the needed licenses?
to have a share in cyclingnews or future publishings
__________________
You ever heard the story of Mr. Faded Glory?
say he who rides a (bike) must someday fall.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-12, 23:44
cyclopeon cyclopeon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: one foot firmly planted in reality (?), the other one God knows where
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
... And I would buy Frandy, only to later tell them they're water carriers for Alberto.
I think Alberto deserves better service than that!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-01-12, 23:58
Eric8-A's Avatar
Eric8-A Eric8-A is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,645
Default

It was nice to see Boonen trending on Twitter today. I also saw that #rvv was trending in some places.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.