Schlecks Depreciation Thread - Page 119 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-12, 08:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone View Post
meh, i will actually cheer for Andy abit this year, the one year without Alberto and he gets THIS tdf route? poor guy
If Andy attacks on the first mountain, I'll cheer.
Old 04-01-12, 10:02

There's this misconception that people are willing to be unfair to Andy, but that's not true. Last year, when he finally attacked with a long way to go and managed to pull it off, EVERYBODY praised him. It's just too bad that he didn't learn a single lesson from that Tour and is back to his minimal effort ways and to putting all his eggs in one basket - whether that's not racing until the Ardennes and then the Tour, or trying to win the Tour in a single stage instead of trying to take time wherever he could.
Old 04-01-12, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
There's this misconception that people are willing to be unfair to Andy, but that's not true. Last year, when he finally attacked with a long way to go and managed to pull it off, EVERYBODY praised him. It's just too bad that he didn't learn a single lesson from that Tour and is back to his minimal effort ways and to putting all his eggs in one basket - whether that's not racing until the Ardennes and then the Tour, or trying to win the Tour in a single stage instead of trying to take time wherever he could.
Heck we praised him for trying it without even knowing if he'd pull it off. When he rides likes a racer we praise him....it just doesn't happen very often. When it does he will get tons of Respect because it will be deserved!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-13-12, 04:58

Andy - completed 1/3 of your races so far this year.

There must be fire in your belly
Old 04-13-12, 11:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Andy - completed 1/3 of your races so far this year.

There must be fire in your belly

Evans must be terrified. He might have to hire Serge the bodyguard again.
Old 04-13-12, 11:27

Quote:
Last year, when he finally attacked with a long way to go and managed to pull it off, EVERYBODY praised him. It's just too bad that he didn't learn a single lesson from that Tour and is back to his minimal effort ways and to putting all his eggs in one basket - whether that's not racing until the Ardennes and then the Tour, or trying to win the Tour in a single stage instead of trying to take time wherever he could.
I think you meant: Last year, when he finally attacked with a long way to go and managed to pull it off, EVERYBODY criticized him for not trying earlier in the race.
Old 04-13-12, 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
I think you meant: Last year, when he finally attacked with a long way to go and managed to pull it off, EVERYBODY criticized him for not trying earlier in the race.
That's not the way I remember it.........but I am getting old I think he received more praise than criticism it's just that as you said, many people believed it was too little too late and with Evan's consistency throughout the race, many, me included were expecting him to crush the TT.
Old 04-13-12, 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
That's not the way I remember it.........but I am getting old I think he received more praise than criticism it's just that as you said, many people believed it was too little too late and with Evan's consistency throughout the race, many, me included were expecting him to crush the TT.
Exactly.

The thing with Andy Pandy is his TT position looks as bad as ever and his performances are worse than ever. His TT set up looks so bad that he probably is more aero on his road bike.
Old 04-13-12, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Well yeah, because not trying earlier was a mistake that cost him the Tour. Still, he got massive praise from his move that day, and lots of people expressed a wish that he rode like that more often.

I don't see any bias in those reactions, which is the whole point here.
Old 04-13-12, 20:41

Quote:
Well yeah, because not trying earlier was a mistake that cost him the Tour.
Yes it was a mistake, but it doesn't mean it cost him the Tour. One can never know for a fact that he would've won. It's impossible to know, and I'm glad it's that way!