[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012? - Page 209 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-27-12, 10:09

Just going by what's listed by them and other sites. Nfi who'd they'd replace Docker with. Tuft could cover Oman.
Old 02-09-12, 13:39

http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/0...edge-branding/

from CyclingTips blog
Old 02-09-12, 18:21

Some of it rings true, some of it is egregious over-praise of a team that still has far to go.

Forever tte de la course.
Old 02-14-12, 09:04

Got my $77 membership package today, like I said, I was just buying the Tshirt.

I expected more than a Made in Bangladesh $2 Tshirt. Disgraceful, it`ll be a car rag in a month. I can live with the rest of the rubbish being made in China.

The Green Edge Cap, the stitching is all over the joint the peak is split and the "free cycling cap" the stripe is crooked and only half sewn on and it does not fit on any head I have tried and I tried 10 at work.

I assume 20% commission to the joint doing the merchandising, lets give then $10, $10 worth of goods, = $50 to Green Edge + GST I reckon.

Kinda like a very poor overpriced Show Bag.

Last edited by mickkk; 02-14-12 at 09:06.
Old 03-08-12, 09:15

GreenEdge riders at Sierra Nevada camp

http://twitter.com/#!/allandavis27/s...836160/photo/1
Old 04-06-12, 23:46

Great win to Luke Durbridge in only his 3rd pro race and coming off a track program. Also must have arrived somewhat disappointed not to make the 4000 team pursuit team with two of his GE team mates. His win was set up with the time trial win but defending it was not easy with only two team mates left in the race. I think it is best summed up by team director Lionel Marie;

Sports Director Lionel Marie, who oversaw the small squads victory, shared this sentiment.

It makes me happy to see the riders so happy, and Im very proud to be part of this win, said Marie. Its really amazing to realize that with only three guys -- one in his first race of the season, one who is still learning and one who is having knee problems -- we were able to pull off a win. Daniel has such big potential, and he is learning more every day. Pieter was the guy that held everyone together. Luke is a class act They each went out and did what they needed to every day to secure this win.

Still quite a few GE knockers around the forum but the pendulum is swinging a bit now after a pretty successful March. Unfortunate injuries to Julian Dean, Sebastian Langeveld (was looking great) and earlier Mitch Docker added to World Cup and Olympic preps for Meyer, Howard, Bobridge and Hepburn adds up and credit to the team and directors for still being so competitive.

Surely a win is just around the corner for Alby. Leigh Howard was interviewed last night at the World Cup track champs before he goes out to defend his Madison World Championship with Cam Meyer. He said that Sunday will be his last ever race on the track and he will then become a "full time" road rider. Watch for him to do something special later in the year.

Not sure what is coming tonight from them in P/R, Howard in his interview suggested that since losing Langeveld it leaves them with numerous alternatives. I am hoping Cooke is the man with the legs and can have a strong race.
Old 04-07-12, 00:13

GE have been going so well, its just a pity that Langveld crashed because he could have finished with that Ballan, Pozzato and Ballan group.
Durbridge, Albasini, other Time-triallists ( Tuft ) and Gerrans have gone really well- i hope GE can do well at P-R by attacking/ maybe setting Cooke up to follow Boonen/ Hushovd ( though he probably can't ).

I am happy that Howard will be off the track for 2 reasons.

1. for CQ he has only got me 5 points out of 211.
2. For GE he can get some results at smaller races and help Davis/ Goss more considering Dean is out.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

@TheYoungest: "We might as well get dropped"

Quote:Originally Posted by Vino attacks everyone
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon......"

Last edited by greenedge; 04-07-12 at 00:16.
Old 04-07-12, 00:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenedge View Post
GE have been going so well, its just a pity that Langveld crashed because he could have finished with that Ballan, Pozzato and Ballan group.
Durbridge, Albasini, other Time-triallists ( Tuft ) and Gerrans have gone really well- i hope GE can do well at P-R by attacking/ maybe setting Cooke up to follow Boonen/ Hushovd ( though he probably can't ).

I am happy that Howard will be off the track for 2 reasons.

1. for CQ he has only got me 5 points out of 211.
2. For GE he can get some results at smaller races and help Davis/ Goss more considering Dean is out.
Greenedge have certainly punched above their weight so far this season. It seems that they are doing it by being as smart as possible with the resources they have and directing all their energy towards classics and stages they know they have a chance to win.
Old 04-07-12, 00:45

The mystery rider for them might be Jens Keukeleire, he seems to be up on the speed of late but I am with you and hoping Cooke can mix it. He stayed with that select Boonen/Cancarella group in Qatar before puncturing near the finish and finished second to Sagan in Oman. Of course they have a past winner in O'Grady who is humming along as well as ever.

It will also be great to see McEwan back racing at the Tour of Turkey soon and hopefully he can end a brilliant career with one or more stage wins at Turkey and Tour of California in his last ever professional race.
Old 04-07-12, 11:11

Nice result on the track tonight as well for the GE/Aussie boys with gold and silver. Hepburn just pips Bobridge (reigning World Champ) in the final of the 4000m individual pursuit in a great race. Could be some more time trialling strength coming up after the Olympics when these boys join Durbridge, Meyer, Tuft et al later in the year.