BMC in disarray? - Page 89 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-08-12, 06:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post
If Thor and Gilbert fail this month...

...can we talk of disaster transfer window?
What do you mean if ? It would be a miracle if they turned it around in such a short period. BMC still has other races to look forward to later in the year.
Old 04-08-12, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
What do you mean if ? It would be a miracle if they turned it around in such a short period. BMC still has other races to look forward to later in the year.
I don't think BMC spend the money for the currents performances of Thor and Gilbert. And their TdF team is as weak as was the last year, without Contador, BMC "has" to work by default. And it's heavily expected to be put under pressure at mountain stages at least by one team.
Old 04-08-12, 14:40

Quote:
I don't think BMC spend the money for the currents performances of Thor and Gilbert. And their TdF team is as weak as was the last year, without Contador, BMC "has" to work by default. And it's heavily expected to be put under pressure at mountain stages at least by one team.
No lol RSNT will have to work more.
Old 04-08-12, 14:45

Quote:
Hushovd is not really a man for the future is he?...
Old 04-08-12, 14:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicDecoco View Post
Hushovd is not really a man for the future is he?...
Looks like possible stage wins now for Thor. He was ill at the wrong time.
Old 04-08-12, 14:54
Banned

Quote:
Looks like possible stage wins now for Thor. He was ill at the wrong time.
Leaving Evans to fend for himself?

He stuck the knife into Vaughters and look what he got from that. Loser.
Old 04-08-12, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post

Staying at Garmin would hardly have done him much better, judging by their classics campaign.

BMC can't be very pleased either though. Podiums in RVV and PR is good, but no classic wins so far is not. Of course it's difficult when Boonen wins every race.
Old 04-08-12, 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post

I thought he might start the Giro and just ride part of the race because of lost time in the early season. Not sure what BMC were up to today. Ballan should have sat up and waited instead of banging away for a 15 second gap and then he waves goodbye to Terpstra and Boonen. Thor's crash was unfortunate. Not sure if he was hurt but he did not seem too interested in chasing. Ballan must be wondering what he has to do to win a race. Chavanel out of luck again.
Old 04-08-12, 19:31

Quote:
If Thor and Gilbert fail this month...

...can we talk of disaster transfer window?
Thor failed last year as well, and was always over rated, he may get a stage win somewhere but classics and tour stage wins were always out of the question considering his relatively dismal season (apart from tour) last year
Quote:
Gilbert and Hushovd + TJVG+ cummings... I would say that is no bad for improvement and it is superior compared to other teams asides for RSNT and SKy
Quote:
I thought he might start the Giro and just ride part of the race because of lost time in the early season. Not sure what BMC were up to today. Ballan should have sat up and waited instead of banging away for a 15 second gap and then he waves goodbye to Terpstra and Boonen. Thor's crash was unfortunate. Not sure if he was hurt but he did not seem too interested in chasing. Ballan must be wondering what he has to do to win a race. Chavanel out of luck again.
Ballan said he was trying to co-operate with Pozzato but Pippo refused and he was dead and Hushovd was behind so his team told him not to chase by himself
Old 04-08-12, 19:32
Banned

BMC tactics masterclass:

"Over the radio they told me not to pull and that gap opened and Boonen went," Ballan said. "To be honest, I thought that with so many kilometres to go to the finish he wouldn't be able to do it, but instead he showed he was in great shape."

- Are these guys stupid? or dumb?