Strongest and brightest rear light for training? - Page 3 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Bikes & Gear > General

General Which tyres for Paris-Roubaix? Whose time trial bike is fastest? Suspension mountain bikes or singlespeeders? Talk equipment here.

Old 04-01-12, 00:56

Location: byron bay, NYC, Bangkok, Radelaide, Sydney, Sunshine Coast.

I also like how the red zone 4 doubles as a torch when you keep it on solid state and hold it in your hand. I use it as a reading light to save electricity. Makes you feel like your in Red October! lol!

Strava data
http://app.strava.com/athletes/254600
Old 04-01-12, 23:54

So far you've countered each post with a response about the RZ4.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind.
Old 04-02-12, 00:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongSprint View Post
So far you've countered each post with a response about the RZ4.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind.
DR always has his mind made up - he is just trying to convince you that if you don't agree with him then you are wrong. Remember, he can hang with the pros on his heavy bamboo bike so he must be awesome and everything he says must be correct.
Old 04-09-12, 14:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsut4392 View Post
That's my rear light of choice too, I have four of them (each on separate bikes). Cheap and as bright as it needs to be to be noticed even in heavy traffic. A number of variants from differen brands, look for the one with a 1/2 watt LED.

If they have one problem it's that the way the light disassembles to replace the batteries isn't as robust as it could be, I've had two 'let go', leaving the rear part attached to the clamp on my seatpost.

Admittedly both cases were on my MTB, so it's wholly probable that the light suffered a blow from a rock or stick which encouraged it to let go - one was noticed to be AWOL shortly after a crash which left my bike fully submerged in a muddy puddle (I barely kept my head above water)
Ditto...on road bike over a series of bumps: light disassembled itself (showing great initiative!). I use clear tape to maintain integrity. However no complaints on the quality/quantity of light broadcast.

John

Craig X W
Old 04-09-12, 23:37

I have a couple of these that I use on both bikes (had intended to use both on each bike and switch over as necessary but having used the lights now, I don' thtink I need to)

http://road.cc/content/review/49061-...ble-tail-light

http://velorooms.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersracer
Ironically, statistical studies confirm (with statistical significance!) that people who make these sorts of claims about statistics have an IQ at least 2 standard deviations below the mean.
Old 11-07-12, 09:56

I returned my Redzone to Niteflux late Sept under warranty. Since then I have tried to contact them to check the progress of the claim but the phone number listed on there website is disconnected and they won't return my emails ?
Anyone know if they are still in business ?

I sent the return via registered post and it was signed for at the receiving end
Old 11-09-12, 10:18

Location: byron bay, NYC, Bangkok, Radelaide, Sydney, Sunshine Coast.

Over a year of daily use for me and still going strong. I use it as a reading light often even. Its like your reading inside a giant tomato.

Strava data
http://app.strava.com/athletes/254600
Old 11-10-12, 00:42

I was completely happy with it as well, it was the only light I've found that looks like it could make it through a wet season up here. That's what really annoys me, all the other cheap blinky-blinky lights fails as soon as the rain gets heavy, and lets face it that is when you need it most. My redzone was used every day for about six months, then started playing up one night while charging, soon after that I was unable to turn it on at all. So I raised a warranty claim, sent it back, and well.....the rest is history.....no replies to my emails, phone number listed on their site and yellow pages disconnected ? WTF ?