Moderators - Page 237 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 04-11-12, 06:32

Default Post editing

I posted in the "Floyd to be charged with fraud" thread and my post has been deleted? Why has it been deleted?

There has been no Private Message from a mod? And no message from a mod in the thread in question?

The sequence of events went something like this -

patricknd Posted -
does it matter weather or not he wrote it?

Digger Posted -
If my phone's predective text is the only thing you have on me.....Well done you.

And then I Posted -
Predictive

Quite obviously I was making a joke (hence the Big Grin!!) in regards to the misspelling of predictive and it not being the only thing that patricknd had over Digger, if anyone has seriously taken offence to that little play on words then I give up.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/52357070/
Old 04-11-12, 23:57

At a guess I would suggest that that piece of the thread was considered to be off topic and that when the posts around yours were removed it made it pointless to leave yours in place so it was removed too

http://velorooms.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersracer
Ironically, statistical studies confirm (with statistical significance!) that people who make these sorts of claims about statistics have an IQ at least 2 standard deviations below the mean.
Old 04-12-12, 01:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin318is View Post
At a guess I would suggest that that piece of the thread was considered to be off topic and that when the posts around yours were removed it made it pointless to leave yours in place so it was removed too
You are correct. The mod who removed my post has made contact via PM.. all good.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/52357070/
Old 04-29-12, 18:43

Do you guys read threads?
Old 04-29-12, 19:03
Administrator

Some of them, yes. All of them and all the posts in any one thread, no, not necessarily.

That is why we rely on the users to report problems.

Susan
Old 05-06-12, 05:00

Posted in the Landis thread.
Quote:
Today, 02:34

Ferminal
Administrator

Closed until someone has anything reasonable to add.
If the thread is closed how can anybody add anything "reasonable"?

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 05-06-12, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Januss View Post
Posted in the Landis thread.

If the thread is closed how can anybody add anything "reasonable"?
Osmosis. I am channelling some good info to Ferminal right now with my jedi mind tricks.

Also, the Scarponi thread just got shut down due to it being off topic.....off topic because the resident pie-in-the-sky AC fanchild came in throwing feces around her cage again about how bad poor little AC has been treated. This is because of how mean Scarponi is by wearing the number 1 and the pink jersey in the prologue. Have you ever heard such BS? She is no longer a fan of Scarponi lol. I'm not making this up.

Instead of just deleting her posts or telling her to finally STFU by PM, our newest moderator feels the needs to flex his/her muscles and close a thread many of us are interested in.
Old 05-06-12, 18:19

Hello Parrulo, how are you doing?

13th best mountainbiker of the World (2004)
18th best mountainbiker of the World (2005)
Cyclingnews Reader Polls
Old 05-06-12, 18:58
Administrator

The thread was also going into clinic related stuff, so if i wanted i could have just give away a few strikes to some posters (which for some would lead to at least a 24 hour ban) and keep the thread open.

I decided to temporarily close thread so you guys could calm your hormones down and avoid unnecessary strikes.

I am pretty good boomcie, academic week has just started so it will be a week of partying and heavy drinking
Old 05-06-12, 19:54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
Osmosis. I am channelling some good info to Ferminal right now with my jedi mind tricks.

Also, the Scarponi thread just got shut down due to it being off topic.....off topic because the resident pie-in-the-sky AC fanchild came in throwing feces around her cage again about how bad poor little AC has been treated. This is because of how mean Scarponi is by wearing the number 1 and the pink jersey in the prologue. Have you ever heard such BS? She is no longer a fan of Scarponi lol. I'm not making this up.

Instead of just deleting her posts or telling her to finally STFU by PM, our newest moderator feels the needs to flex his/her muscles and close a thread many of us are interested in.
Exactly. I just wanted to say my opinion as for Scarponi's Maglia Rosa but couldn't find a thread where I can do it. With his prologue, Scarponi gave a lot of food for thought and surely he deserves a separate thread.