47th Amstel Gold Race (The maze) - Sunday April 15, 2012 - Page 20 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-13-12, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
They're starting with 6 riders on equal footing, which makes sense since Breschel (just like Mollema and Kruijswijk) has never done Amstel before. It might very well be that Breschel turns out to be the strongest, in which case they'll support him in the final (I hope for the sake of the Danish people )
You see, that can I agree with and might well be very true.
Rabo is not going to say in a press release: We have ONE rider for the win and no one else will attack or do anything but that one rider, are they..
Old 04-13-12, 11:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
They're starting with 6 riders on equal footing, which makes sense since Breschel (just like Mollema and Kruijswijk) has never done Amstel before. It might very well be that Breschel turns out to be the strongest, in which case they'll support him in the final (I hope for the sake of the Danish people )
Would be interesting to see Mollema in a sprint on the Cauberg. I remember from TdF stage 6 last year that he made a pretty strong attack there in the finish albeit on weaker gradients but it seems he does have some punch. I think Cauberg will be too steep for Breschel.

It's a shame we're not seeing Kelderman here... Is he injured or do they think he's too young? Should be a race that suits him in the future, no?
Old 04-13-12, 11:13

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanari View Post
Would be interesting to see Mollema in a sprint on the Cauberg. I remember from TdF stage 6 last year that he made a pretty strong attack there in the finish albeit on weaker gradients but it seems he does have some punch. I think Cauberg will be too steep for Breschel.

It's a shame we're not seeing Kelderman here... Is he injured or do they think he's too young? Should be a race that suits him in the future, no?
Kelderman is considered too young I think.

He will ride in Castilla y Leon starting today
Old 04-13-12, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanari View Post

Actually, Breschel won a sprint up the Cauberg once... in the Ster Elektro Toer
Old 04-13-12, 11:25

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

but in the ster elektrotoer they continue a bit longer than the finish in agr. So and the cauberg flattens out a lot on the top.
Old 04-13-12, 11:40

1 Rodriguez
2 S. Sanchez
3 Sagan
4 Mollema (Rabo has a tradition to defend)
5 Valverde
6 Gerrans
7 Voeckler
8 Gilbert
9 Hoogerland (Go Johnny Go)
10 Vanendert
Old 04-13-12, 11:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
but in the ster elektrotoer they continue a bit longer than the finish in agr. So and the cauberg flattens out a lot on the top.
Here's a better argument: competition field at Ster Elektrotoer sucks.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 04-13-12, 11:53

Indeed, last year the worst cyclist in the world won it
Old 04-13-12, 12:13

Top 3:

1. J-Rod
2. Evans
3. Sanchez

The surprise may be Evans. I thought he looked very strong in CI, and believe he will performe really well in the Ardennes classics.
Old 04-13-12, 13:08

Any love for Henao? Will he be Sky's protected rider?