47th Amstel Gold Race (The maze) - Sunday April 15, 2012 - Page 20 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #191  
Old 04-13-12, 11:09
DominicDecoco DominicDecoco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
They're starting with 6 riders on equal footing, which makes sense since Breschel (just like Mollema and Kruijswijk) has never done Amstel before. It might very well be that Breschel turns out to be the strongest, in which case they'll support him in the final (I hope for the sake of the Danish people )
You see, that can I agree with and might well be very true.
Rabo is not going to say in a press release: We have ONE rider for the win and no one else will attack or do anything but that one rider, are they..
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 04-13-12, 11:11
kanari kanari is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
They're starting with 6 riders on equal footing, which makes sense since Breschel (just like Mollema and Kruijswijk) has never done Amstel before. It might very well be that Breschel turns out to be the strongest, in which case they'll support him in the final (I hope for the sake of the Danish people )
Would be interesting to see Mollema in a sprint on the Cauberg. I remember from TdF stage 6 last year that he made a pretty strong attack there in the finish albeit on weaker gradients but it seems he does have some punch. I think Cauberg will be too steep for Breschel.

It's a shame we're not seeing Kelderman here... Is he injured or do they think he's too young? Should be a race that suits him in the future, no?
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 04-13-12, 11:13
Dekker_Tifosi's Avatar
Dekker_Tifosi Dekker_Tifosi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands
Posts: 18,303
Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanari View Post
Would be interesting to see Mollema in a sprint on the Cauberg. I remember from TdF stage 6 last year that he made a pretty strong attack there in the finish albeit on weaker gradients but it seems he does have some punch. I think Cauberg will be too steep for Breschel.

It's a shame we're not seeing Kelderman here... Is he injured or do they think he's too young? Should be a race that suits him in the future, no?
Kelderman is considered too young I think.

He will ride in Castilla y Leon starting today
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYOP88 View Post
Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 04-13-12, 11:23
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanari View Post
Would be interesting to see Mollema in a sprint on the Cauberg. I remember from TdF stage 6 last year that he made a pretty strong attack there in the finish albeit on weaker gradients but it seems he does have some punch. I think Cauberg will be too steep for Breschel.

It's a shame we're not seeing Kelderman here... Is he injured or do they think he's too young? Should be a race that suits him in the future, no?
Actually, Breschel won a sprint up the Cauberg once... in the Ster Elektro Toer
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 04-13-12, 11:25
Dekker_Tifosi's Avatar
Dekker_Tifosi Dekker_Tifosi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands
Posts: 18,303
Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi
Default

but in the ster elektrotoer they continue a bit longer than the finish in agr. So and the cauberg flattens out a lot on the top.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYOP88 View Post
Great to see that Porte has rediscovered his 2010/11 climbing form. Hope he can keep it for the rest of the Tour and year.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 04-13-12, 11:40
Pantani_lives's Avatar
Pantani_lives Pantani_lives is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Default

1 Rodriguez
2 S. Sanchez
3 Sagan
4 Mollema (Rabo has a tradition to defend)
5 Valverde
6 Gerrans
7 Voeckler
8 Gilbert
9 Hoogerland (Go Johnny Go)
10 Vanendert
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 04-13-12, 11:51
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
but in the ster elektrotoer they continue a bit longer than the finish in agr. So and the cauberg flattens out a lot on the top.
Here's a better argument: competition field at Ster Elektrotoer sucks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 04-13-12, 11:53
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,899
Default

Indeed, last year the worst cyclist in the world won it
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 04-13-12, 12:13
Trofinios Trofinios is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 823
Default

Top 3:

1. J-Rod
2. Evans
3. Sanchez

The surprise may be Evans. I thought he looked very strong in CI, and believe he will performe really well in the Ardennes classics.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 04-13-12, 13:08
element element is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 105
Default

Any love for Henao? Will he be Sky's protected rider?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.