Andy Schleck Discussion thread. - Page 108 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 04-16-12, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbie146 View Post
Well I certainly don´t believe that kloden said ´o yea go for it Alberto I follow ya´ only to get dropped and lose time. I also don´t believe Alberto lied. Just a misunderstanding..
Yep we'll never know the truth but I wouldn't trust anything Armstrong or Bruyneel say as evidence.....I don't believe it was a misunderstanding.

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 04-16-12, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetisoff View Post
As a scary thought - if you two were ever to mate, the result would be one scary-*** superfan.....
Visiting this thread every day sure beats a sitcom....literally laughing so hard there are tears...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-16-12, 17:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
I want to specify a bit. Contador stated then that he supposedly had asked Kloden if he could attack and Klodi had permitted him. Klodi didn't confirm these words. And later Contador was vastly bawled out on the team briefing, where he cried, tried to justify his move and apologize in everyway. That was another obvious lie though.
Who seriously gives a **** about Klöden getting dropped in a mountain? This is a bike race, not a waiting game. Lance Armstrong had no problem increasing the tempo on stage 3 of the Tour in 2009 when Contador was in the mongolenwaaier.

Are you going to complain every time Andy drops Fuglsang or Monfort in July? Contador had every right to drop his lousy team-mates. The only thing I'm sad about is that he didn't do it with Lance Armstrong on Mont Ventoux.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ma0DBT7eg0

Don't cry Klöden. Those who play at bowls, must look out for rubs.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 04-16-12 at 17:46.
Old 04-16-12, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner View Post
La Florecita said you cant criticise Contador whatsoever and Airstream pointed out what happenned with Kloden on the Colombiere. There was no need for Contador to attack there. He already had enough time over the Schlecks going into the final TT. Not only that he goes on and gifts the stage to Frank so why dont you criticise Contador there for not sprinting for the stage win. Like you said it is a bike race after all.

As has been said before Contador can do no wrong with people around here like yourself.
Yes there was, it's called revenge. Best served cold.

Besides, I never said you can't criticise Contador nor did I agree with her.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 04-16-12, 17:48
Banned

Quote:
Where did you see that?

You wouldnt have a link to it by any chance?
The story was printed in several news papers and in English in ProCycling magazine.

Armstrong amidst berating Contador at the team dinner table. Thensome of the Caisse d'Epargne team were walking through the hotel restaurant after they finished their meal. Armstrong turned to them and shouted in half Spanish and half English – “You want a rider? You want to take this one? Here take this one – have this guy” pointing angrily at Contador. To those who were there it wasn’t so much what was said but how it was said and the that is was done in front of the whole team.
Old 04-16-12, 18:02

Quote:
He did his revenge at Verbier and also at Arcalis before that dont you think.
And if you read the stories about what happened behind the scenes it was not nearly enough
Quote:
Old 04-16-12, 18:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
Did Oscar get a ceremony??? I sure don't remember one.
He did have a ceremony, except nobody lost their sh!t about it cause ... well, why not actually?!

Quote:
"Finally, we have a winner and it's Oscar," Tour director Christian Prudhomme said. "Oscar, you have won the Tour out on the road."
Quote:
"He's a late winner, but he's a real winner," Prudhomme added.
Quote:
Spanish Sports Minister Jaime Lissavetzky and Patrice Clerc, head of Tour organizers ASO, attended the ceremony.
Quote:
Lissavetzky said Pereiro had been awarded Spain's gold medal for sporting merit.
Quote:
"It's good for sport to have mechanisms that can filter out those who cheat," said Pereiro, a former teammate of Landis' with Phonak.
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cyclin...ory?id=3064123

BTW what is Lissavetzky up to these days? Probably not in the gouvernment anymore now that Rajoy took over?

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 04-16-12, 18:19

Quote:
It wasnt nearly enough yet he had the Tour more or less wrapped up by that time. And I remember his interview at the end of the stage where Contador said he had a good relationship with Kloden and that he felt sorry and bad about what he had done. Now if he done that to Armstrong I would of said he deserved it for the way he was treating him. But I dont think Kloden deserved that to happen to him. Even Contador afterwards felt guilty about it.
Says who? I doubt Contador felt sorry for attacking Schleck when his chain fell off. He just wanted to get the journalists off his back.

Klöden didn't help him once, he was Armstrong's personal domestique. He just wasn't good enough that day. If I remember correctly even Armstrong caught up with Klöden. Was probably about to bonk either way.
Quote:
Old 04-16-12, 18:29

Caisse d'Epargne even released this photo:

For a larger version:

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/newsp...toAbarcaSports

Only for the heck of it I pray that RadioShack do the same only to see the forum implode. Tomorrow I'm going to enroll in a class to learn Photoshop and leak the photo myself, say it was stolen from Prudhomme's desktop.

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 04-16-12, 18:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
Visiting this thread every day sure beats a sitcom....literally laughing so hard there are tears...
i'll second that
i'd love a reality show featuring laflorecita and airstream playing practical jokes on one another, going at it all day but slowly growing fond of eachother and finally realizing the cant live without the spark their endless debates produce, eventually making the big decision to denounce their respective riders and support TGBM instead.
any big time producers here?