Bashing and recurring bashing - Page 2 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 04-17-12, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
I cant speak for the other threads since i dont really take part in them much, but i know that in my samu thread, it was not Schleck bashing, but rather airstream, who seems to be the main constant in all these threads, clearly with no other intention but baiting as many people as possible, who turned it into a clinic/ Contador bashing thread.
Well, isn't that annoying? In another thread it is something else about Contador vs Schleck that is brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
If you have a complaint for a specific posting, please use the system to report it to the mods. We have often said that we do not read every posting in every thread.

When one of us finds time, we will go through the mentioned threads and take a look.

Meanwhile, DO NOT use this thread to continue bashing on one another.

Susan
What sort of reply is this

I'm not talking about specific posts, I'm talking about the systematic discussions between the same members about the same kind of subjects in numerous threads which have nothing to with the thread title. You don't have to read every post in every thread at all, if no-one of the mod team noticed it, I'm baffled.

I hope to get another answer, because this is not at all an answer to my question, it just feels like the auto-reply to me. Be prepared to get a stream of reports in the meantime.

Last edited by Arnout; 04-17-12 at 09:24.
Old 04-17-12, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
Hello there,

This is an appeal. In the past few months, the recurring bashing, mainly between Andy Schleck and Contador fans (I dare say, trolls), takes new heights. Every thread is infested with it, and it's getting really tiresome having to read through all that drivel every time for some race analysis or discussion on an entirely unrelated topic. From the Samuel Sanchez thread to AGR thread, every thread is turned around in an Andy Schleck bashing, after which the equally annoying defending and Contador-meat jokes and the likes start.

Please, mods, admins, whatever, do something to control it. There is an Andy Schleck hate thread, make a Contador one, I couldn't care less about it, but please control the other threads as the forum is losing appeal rapidly and soon only the lowest common denominator will still visit.

Thanks for your time and waiting for reply.
Why don't you start an AC hate thread?

You know, you do have the power to ignore things you don't wish to read.
Old 04-17-12, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post

I see only evidence to the contrary.

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 04-17-12, 13:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnout View Post
Hello there,

This is an appeal. In the past few months, the recurring bashing, mainly between Andy Schleck and Contador fans (I dare say, trolls), takes new heights. Every thread is infested with it, and it's getting really tiresome having to read through all that drivel every time for some race analysis or discussion on an entirely unrelated topic. From the Samuel Sanchez thread to AGR thread, every thread is turned around in an Andy Schleck bashing, after which the equally annoying defending and Contador-meat jokes and the likes start.

Please, mods, admins, whatever, do something to control it. There is an Andy Schleck hate thread, make a Contador one, I couldn't care less about it, but please control the other threads as the forum is losing appeal rapidly and soon only the lowest common denominator will still visit.

Thanks for your time and waiting for reply.
You know there is an obvious and easy solution to this. Ban the two or three remaining Andy fans on the forum. They don't get it, they don't want to learn, odds are they are stupid (seeing that they are Andy fans). Problem solved.

Visit my blog on spanish history: www.histoires-espagnoles.blogspot.fr
Old 04-17-12, 14:19
Banned

Well, it's much easier. Contador fans (not everyone, Hitch, I don't mean you, though as I see you didn't miss the opportunity to criticise me once again ) are too hungry cos there's almost nothing new on Contador, but they eagerly need to feel sort of customary complicity to him even if the only possibility to get it is bashing Schleck in his Appreciation thread. That's why they come there and the debates erupt with renewed force. My activity on the forum is at about 80% related to promoting my rider. And in his appreciation thread I'm entitled to call Schleck as I want (The Legend, The God, The greatest cycling in history etc) and I absolutely don't care how Contador fanboys react on this. As for my statement in Samu Sanchez thread, stop exaggerating. I just expressed my opinion, not without suspicion, and nothing more.

Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by airstream; 04-17-12 at 15:23.
Old 04-17-12, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Well, it's much easier. Contador fans (not everyone, Hitch, I don't mean you, though as I see you didn't miss the opportunity to criticise me once again ) are too hungry cos there's almost nothing new on Contador, but they eagerly need to feel sort of customary complicity to him even if the only possibility to get it is bashing Schleck in his Appreciation thread. That's why they come there and the debates erupt with renewed force. My activity on the forum is at about 80% related to promoting my rider. And in his appreciation thread I'm entitled to call Schleck as I want (The Legend, The God, The greatest cycling in history etc) and I absolutely don't care how Contador fanboys react on this. As for my statement in Samu Sanchez thread, stop exaggerating. I just expressed my opinion, not without suspicion, and nothing more.

Thanks for understanding.
Ehm, I reported multiple posts from that thread already and they weren't even about Samu but about Contador and Schleck.

So, no, no thanks for understanding. Please don't assume I will understand next time. There is nothing to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
Why don't you start an AC hate thread?

Why would I? Like I said, I couldn't care less about it. I don't hate Contador, I don't hate Schleck. Most of all, for the zillionth time, I don't want to read about them in threads not about them. I have the power not to click the Andy Schleck love or hate thread, so I don't. I don't have the power to always ignore every irrelevant post in topics of interest.
Old 04-17-12, 16:32
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
I cant speak for the other threads since i dont really take part in them much, but i know that in my samu thread, it was not Schleck bashing, but rather airstream, who seems to be the main constant in all these threads, clearly with no other intention but baiting as many people as possible, who turned it into a clinic/ Contador bashing thread.
QFT

too be honest this kind os situations have increased drastically since airstream joined and since LaFlorecita's life ended after contador's suspension
Old 04-17-12, 16:48
Banned

Then just don't interfere people to enjoy Andy Schleck's majesty in Andy Schleck APPRECIATION thread using Contador stuff.

Last edited by airstream; 04-17-12 at 16:50.
Old 04-17-12, 21:13

Completely agree, Arnout.

The lack of interference from the mods is quite worrying. It's actually nonexisting. I've even caught myself debating in a level that was close to embarrissing at times when I've had enough of the stupidity that is around the forum and replied when should have kept my mouth shut. A simple interference from a mod, like in every other forum, would have done the job before things got sad.

I'm not blaming any of the mods here. I'm sure you would have done enough if able so. But it seems like you aren't. Something needs to be done. Be that more mods, prioritize differently or something else.

Last edited by DominicDecoco; 04-17-12 at 21:24.
Old 04-17-12, 23:40
Administrator

i have also been wondering about where are the mods lately. for example a lot of pippo_san's posts on the road section involve doping and he has been doing so for nearly 150 posts now, yet he still goes around unharmed. airstream makes several contador doping related posts a day and also doesn't seem to be affected at all by it. i still remember when a small doping reference would equal a 1 day ban at least or a warning if you were very lucky.

i think letting the discussions run freely is a good thing but allowing so much doping talk on the road section is dropping the ball a bit. Also not benching airstream for a few days after his massive contador doping related bait on the samu thread was stupid for me as both me and several other regular posters have been banned for much less armful stuff in the past, like posting memes in my case or making a simple joke a mod was too thick too see through in hitch's case.

is it wrong to relate this recent below par job on the mods part to the departure of françois, martin and barrus from the team over the last few months?

Last edited by Parrulo; 04-17-12 at 23:50.